PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok, we all know part 4 & 5 are very very bad films. I mean beyond bad. I am just curious why every zombie/comedy/spoof/campy film has to reference Romero.

In this film is a female character referred to as Romero. I can see Shaun doing it (even though they didn't), I can even under stand Day of the Dead 2 having the homage... but why does ROTLD: Necropolis do it? It isn't even a Romero film.

EvilNed
10-May-2006, 08:23 PM
I think it's a nice little homage that should keep going. He invented the genre as we know it. I mean, without Night of the Living Dead, there would be no Return of the Living Dead.

axlish
10-May-2006, 08:33 PM
Every geek that makes a zombie flick will reference Romero.

C'mon, there has to be a Romero reference somewhere in Deadlands! I know I've got a few in my upcoming flick :)

creepntom
10-May-2006, 08:48 PM
i find the whole return of the living dead series a joke, at best

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't recognize these flicks as part of the zombie genre - they're campy comedies made for kids.

Danny
10-May-2006, 09:11 PM
aye the only comedy zombie films i consider moderatly horror like are shaun and undead.

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 09:13 PM
aye the only comedy zombie films i consider moderatly horror like are shaun and undead.
Ahhh, Shaun of the Dead sits proudly next to Romero's LD series in my collection. That Return crap is too annoying.

MoonSylver
10-May-2006, 09:16 PM
I suspect some do it to try & lend credibility to their rep. "Oooh, look at us, we know who GAR is, so we're COOL! Right? Right?!?!":rolleyes:

Danny
10-May-2006, 09:18 PM
Ahhh, Shaun of the Dead sits proudly next to Romero's LD series in my collection. That Return crap is too annoying.

aye, same here. shaun is easily on par with the holy trilogy:D , cant wait for hot fuzz.

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 10:12 PM
Every geek that makes a zombie flick will reference Romero.

C'mon, there has to be a Romero reference somewhere in Deadlands! I know I've got a few in my upcoming flick :)

Actually I have zero references to his name or any dialogue from his movies. Some have considered the title a reference to LAND, but it isn't.

I have one reference to one Zombie film and it is RETURN of the LIVING DEAD part 1.

i find the whole return of the living dead series a joke, at best

The first one was great. The sequels are so so up to part 3 then total trash after that.

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 10:20 PM
The first one was great.
????

Oh my.

The only good thing(s) about the first one is the dancing naked punk chicka and the end credits. The rest is a waste of film (and time).

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 10:30 PM
Cos GAR is da man, yo.

Well, he is the father of the modern zombie film, the flesh-eating ghoul all grows from Night. I haven't seen Return 4 and 5 yet, was trying to download them at one point but not enough people were involved in the process so I gave up and downloaded something popular. :D

I'd like to check them out though, with reviews such as yours I'm not expecting anything ... so hopefully that'll play into my hands when I do come to watch them.

axlish
10-May-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't have any GAR quotes but a couple of shots are very similar. One was intentional, the other wasn't.

I love the original Return of the Living Dead, it is one of my favorite films of all time.

Part two has grown on me, although I despised it the first time I saw it.

Part three has grown on me as well, especially the unrated version!

Part four and five I loved immediately. Great fun!

NVK
10-May-2006, 10:46 PM
Here's my opinion of the series.

The Return Of The Living Dead: One of the best zombie movies. Scary and funny, and IMO better than Shaun of The Dead (even thought SOTD was good too).

Return Of The Living Dead Part II: Decent. I enjoyed it as a kid, and still do. Had great special effects.

Return Of The Living Dead 3: Never did like it. But I just ordered it online and I will give it a second chance.

Return Of The Living Dead Necropolis: Aside from some bad acting, the zombies dieing, and some dialogue, I thought it was entertaining, gory, fun.

Return Of The Living Dead Rave To The Grave: A little more of a comedy than Necropolis. Still entertaining, but had more annoying characters. But who does not like the return of Tarman?

There you go. Rave had a coach named Coach Savini, so theres no doubt thats a reference.

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 10:56 PM
The red head from part three is in The OC isn't she? She had a nice set of bewbs on her ... sorry to any ladies reading, I'm just that horny tonight.

The original Return was a really fun flick - I larfed when my sister asked "what the hell is this crap, it's so bad" when she saw a clip while I was watching it and she was surfing the intraweb. Return 2 was quite fun, I think I watched it first when I was off sick from school so it has that sick-day fun vibe for me, like Police Academy 5. It's not art, sh*t, it's not that good ... but it's got a nice vibe. Incidentally, the sick day I watched P.A. 5 - I watched it twice, back to back, I liked it that much, haha.

Return 3? Hot bewbs aside, it was again a fun flick, Yuzna spreading his seed nicely with some good gloopy gore flying about, you've gotta love the zombie that straightens its head, thus half-skinning it's own head cos the flesh was stuck to its shoulder - noiiice. Now I have an appetite for a Re-Animator marathon...

Hopefully I'll get to see 4 and 5 sometime soon. I dug Eight Legged Freaks ... and I'm a fudging arachnophobic for crying out loud! Yes ... Scarlett Johansson's hot bod and Kari Wuhrer's choice bewb n bot combo helped a lot ... see, told you I was friggin' horny tonight.

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2006, 10:51 AM
The red head from part three is in The OC isn't she? She had a nice set of bewbs on her ... sorry to any ladies reading, I'm just that horny tonight.

The original Return was a really fun flick - I larfed when my sister asked "what the hell is this crap, it's so bad" when she saw a clip while I was watching it and she was surfing the intraweb. Return 2 was quite fun, I think I watched it first when I was off sick from school so it has that sick-day fun vibe for me, like Police Academy 5. It's not art, sh*t, it's not that good ... but it's got a nice vibe. Incidentally, the sick day I watched P.A. 5 - I watched it twice, back to back, I liked it that much, haha.

Return 3? Hot bewbs aside, it was again a fun flick, Yuzna spreading his seed nicely with some good gloopy gore flying about, you've gotta love the zombie that straightens its head, thus half-skinning it's own head cos the flesh was stuck to its shoulder - noiiice. Now I have an appetite for a Re-Animator marathon...

Hopefully I'll get to see 4 and 5 sometime soon. I dug Eight Legged Freaks ... and I'm a fudging arachnophobic for crying out loud! Yes ... Scarlett Johansson's hot bod and Kari Wuhrer's choice bewb n bot combo helped a lot ... see, told you I was friggin' horny tonight.

Part 4 & 5 are really really bad. I mean, they have there own distinct feeling, but they really aren't that good. I think part 5 is better than 4. Part 5 has the return of the tarman.

Danny
13-May-2006, 03:48 AM
i only saw return 3 yesterday for the first time, three words. not enough zombies.:D
i liked the second one, cheesy though it was it was one of those zombie films were you know what coming, and the director wants you to know he knows it, so its not setting up 15 minutes of "oh my god what the hell is going on in this town" plus the whole thing about the two grave robbers slowly turning was cool.

oh an mZ i frickin' hate spiders, there the only thing im scared of, but it does mean i have good preriferal vision, as described in phil jupitus' stand up show quadrophenia, its on paramount comedy all the time check it out, itss reet good like:D

Hawkboy
13-May-2006, 05:07 AM
I think all the Return of the Living dead sequels are horrible, but you can't deny that the first one is very much ingrained in the movie public. Mention Zombies and see how many people shout "BRAINS"!

MinionZombie
13-May-2006, 11:26 AM
Aye, Return 2 is a fun flick - have you seen Return 1? The same two guys are in that and it's the same story for them, hehe. Yeh...more zombies in Return 3 would have been nice, and less of that cheap-movie-almost-like-TV-sheen to the visuals would have been good too. Still though, that hot red head chick's bewbs made an appearance, lol.

Yeh spiders are f*cking bastards, one of the reasons I hate the summer. They all come out, you would have thought that over the years they'd have learnt not to come in this house, when they do they get smashed - HULK SMASH!!!

Apparently arachnophobia often starts when you're a baby, you have some experience that gets locked into your subconscious but you can't actually remember the incident itself. Something like a spider crawling into your cot or on you as a baby would f*ck you right up I'd imagine, something like that must have happened to me.

Don't know how I got a fear of heights though, I wonder if there is a subconscious reason behind vertigo...hmmm.

Danny
13-May-2006, 12:02 PM
it started for me when me grandad held me over an empty well, that was basically a 30ft drop.

...yeah...that might've been it:D

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2006, 01:35 PM
I have an extreme fear of heights, but yet I love the tallest and fastest rollercoasters I can ride. I guess being strapped inside a car with the safety bar and seatbelt help.

I know when I got my fear of heights. I worked at a park 10 years ago and was one of the main operators of the wooden coaster. Sometimes you would have to walk on the lift incase the train stopped while ascending the lift because of a sensor trip or the train was released to early and the other train hasn't hit the next censor on it's way back to the station.

Well I also had to oil the lift once and a while and one day i walked up, tied the safety cable to the steele wire going through the enourmous 6"x6" supports on the 80ft drop and began filling the resevoir. I stood up and slipped and went off the side falling about 10ft while being held by the cable. From that day forth I would never walk the lift again.

MinionZombie
13-May-2006, 01:46 PM
Holy crap, I'd have had a heart attack if that had happened to me. I can't even stand on a chair without feeling uneasy, I can do a step ladder, but I'm not exactly comfortable - all comes down to the vertigo, my balance is shot, so my fear of heights has ended up being quite severe sometimes. I remember when my Dad made me climb a ladder to be about six foot up to check the security lamp by the back door to check the wires were alright, to 'get me over heights' or some sh*t, well that didn't f*cking work. I was shaking like a leaf with my hands gripped so tight to the ladder my hands went white.

Some fears aren't meant to be overcome, I like being on the ground thanks, I haven't even flown in a plane! I went on a log flume once, the ride up scared me more than anything else, I was relieved when we splashed down of course.

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2006, 01:48 PM
Holy crap, I'd have had a heart attack if that had happened to me. I can't even stand on a chair without feeling uneasy, I can do a step ladder, but I'm not exactly comfortable - all comes down to the vertigo, my balance is shot, so my fear of heights has ended up being quite severe sometimes. I remember when my Dad made me climb a ladder to be about six foot up to check the security lamp by the back door to check the wires were alright, to 'get me over heights' or some sh*t, well that didn't f*cking work. I was shaking like a leaf with my hands gripped so tight to the ladder my hands went white.

Some fears aren't meant to be overcome, I like being on the ground thanks, I haven't even flown in a plane! I went on a log flume once, the ride up scared me more than anything else, I was relieved when we splashed down of course.

I used to have a huge fear of planes, but I overcame that quickly especially when i felt the plane take off... WOW that is cool as hell. hitting like 200 mph down a runway. YAHOO!

I noticed as I have gotten older My fear has gotten stronger. Now I try to stay on the ground as much as possible.

creepntom
13-May-2006, 09:00 PM
the main thing good about the first one was naked linnea quigley

i won't even go into the rules they break :rolleyes: