PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Yonkers

rightwing401
03-Feb-2009, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know if someone's done a piece of fiction on this part of Max Brook's World War Z? I saw the art in the dead discussion forum and it really got my creative nerves firing. I just want to know if it's been done before, because I really haven't had any desire to write another zombie story until this, and it will probably be the last time.

zombieparanoia
05-Feb-2009, 04:48 AM
I was just coming here to post this anyways heres a link to a concept art piece from the upcoming wwz MOVIE(I had no idea but am so stoked)

http://io9.com/5140561/world-war-z-concept-art-rocks-the-battle-of-yonkers

Lets hope the movie is at least as good as the concept art appears to be.

I found the one with the playground scene at another forum but it looks pretty good too.

3pidemiC
05-Feb-2009, 06:05 AM
That 2nd peice at the playground is not from WWZ.

zombieparanoia
05-Feb-2009, 09:28 AM
well it should be.

rightwing401
06-Feb-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah, ZP, that first picture was the one that I was talking about. Here's how I'm thinking of making this.
It's supposed to be the eve of the 50 year anniversery of the battle. A young reporter, far too young to have been part of World War Z, is going to interview one of the last survivors of the battle, a withered old man dying of cancer. Throughout the entire interview, there's a shift between the present and past, as well as facts that the reporter knows of the battle vs. the real life experiences that the veteran witnessed.

rgc2005
04-Aug-2009, 05:37 PM
Have you gotten anywhere with the piece yet?

rightwing401
10-Aug-2009, 01:39 AM
The story's basically done. I just have to do a quick revision for spelling errors. As of now, it's about 50 pages long. Didn't mean for it to be that long, but I haven't written a story yet that hasn't turned out to be longer than I was planning on it being.