PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes i wonder?....

DeadJake
10-Feb-2009, 02:00 PM
I recently purchased the day remake , yes, yes i actually did, but after seeing what everyone had to say here on the site about it (all bad) i wanted to see it for myself. About 2 years ago i was on this site and the first pics popped up from the film, i was excited. And so was everyone else, im sure we would all like to deny it....but we cant.

Anyway back to what I was saying I bought this DVD and it arrived I wathed it in 2 parts, and no the film wasn’t amazing….but it wasn’t that bad …not good….but not bad I have two other mates wholove george’s films so I lent it to them the funny thing is they liked it….actually they said it was awsome….hmmm.

i just am really suprised as after being here on the forum i havn't seen one good comment about the film all extremely bad comments actually

ijust wondered whether if we had watched the film without hearing everyone else's views would ours be different?

Skippy911sc
10-Feb-2009, 02:48 PM
I saw the movie when it came out on DVD and could not watch the whole thing. It just had some really stupid plot point and the acting, I thought, was sub-par. I don't mind the remake of Dawn, in fact I enjoyed it, but this was a bad movie. That being said I also disliked Terror Planet, and I know there are a lot of people that really enjoyed this film. If they had corrected some of the plot in the Day remake it could have been good. The movie just felt like it was thrown together to make money off of the dawn remake...which it probably was.

Mr.G
10-Feb-2009, 03:22 PM
I've seen A LOT of bad zombie movies and the Day remake is one of them. It's not near the top but I don't think that is due to it's merits rather than the multiple direct to DVD crappy zombie movies.

bassman
10-Feb-2009, 03:36 PM
Everyone likes different things. I think the majority of people around here dislike the Day remake, but that doesn't mean there isn't a group of people that do like it.

darth los
10-Feb-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't mind the remake of Dawn, in fact I enjoyed it, but this was a bad movie.

Holy Moses !!. We're not Alone anymore DEEJ !!!

What a relief.

:cool:

Mr. Beakman
10-Feb-2009, 09:34 PM
I too like the Dawn remake, especially if I don't think of it as a remake. Therefore I was looking forward to Day 08. Then me and a couple of friends rented it. I hadn't read any reviews, that didn't stop me from screaming WTF at my tv more than once. This wasn't a movie it was a trailer for a video game or something, had to be. Movies aren't this out of touch with the laws of physics, are they? He was a vegetarian so he's not going to eat us? I missed the next ten minutes of dialog thankfully because this totally sent me over the edge. Well, he wasn't a damn vegan! Does that mean he wouldn't eat your flesh, but he would drink your blood? He's a freakin zombie! If he doesn't eat flesh whats the point. Look I can deal with runners and even some liberties being taken with the whole genre, but this movie is garbage. I'm pissed just thinking about it while typing this! To like this movie you must have a teen beat poster of nick cannon on your wall or something.

clanglee
10-Feb-2009, 11:28 PM
Holy Moses !!. We're not Alone anymore DEEJ !!!

What a relief.

:cool:

What am I? Chopped Liver?

The Day remake reminded me of House of the Dead with a better budget.. . . . not a good thing.

Cartma7546
11-Feb-2009, 07:19 AM
I think once i saw Nick Cannon on the cast list it pretty much put the small (very small) piece of hope that i had for this movie to rest.

fartpants
11-Feb-2009, 08:44 PM
ghey 08 sucks sweaty balls, nuff said about this abomanation of a movie

ProfessorChaos
11-Feb-2009, 09:28 PM
I think once i saw Nick Cannon on the cast list it pretty much put the small (very small) piece of hope that i had for this movie to rest.

yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me, too...along with the other members of the cast (ving rhames, mena five-head).

bassman
11-Feb-2009, 09:49 PM
Come on guys! Nick Cannon is awesome and you know it.

"It's a bad day to be a zombie!" Greatest line EVAR! Sooooo funnny.

:|

fartpants
12-Feb-2009, 03:18 PM
i hope i detect a hint of sarcasm in your voice bassman

bassman
12-Feb-2009, 03:39 PM
i hope i detect a hint of sarcasm in your voice bassman

And what would give you that idea?:moon:

Skippy911sc
12-Feb-2009, 06:46 PM
Lets face the facts..if they had called it something else we would probably still dislike it, but would not be so harsh on it. This is how I view Dawn 04. I like it for what it was and not a remake of a true classic. How does one view the original Dracula vs. the remake? The remake had its good points, but you stick Keanue in a role like that and you are just asking for trouble. Dawn 04 had good acting, an interesting story, and some decent action. Day remake, had none of this.

fartpants
15-Feb-2009, 07:14 PM
And what would give you that idea?:moon:

:lol::lol::lol:

Trencher
05-Apr-2009, 10:17 AM
Dawn 04 was a great action movie with some horror elements.
The day remake was some of the worst... it was painfull to watch. It was insanely bad.. ARAGhh...