PDA

View Full Version : Reign of the dead

Cartma7546
11-Feb-2009, 07:16 AM
I was just wondering because I'm confused, did len barnhart die or somthing because i remember a third book in the series was suppose to come out in 2005.

Mr.G
11-Feb-2009, 04:11 PM
I only recall it being a 2-part story. I hope he didn't die; those books were good!

Reignofthedead
11-Feb-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi,
Not dead... living-dead maybe :)
I've been really busy of late and have not been posting or stopping by the sites too much. But, just last week I sent Neil a 1 chapter sneak peek of the new book titled: Reign of the Dead: Outbreak! He should have this posted to the fiction section soon. It differs slightly from the portion of the book it was taken only to "not give too much away".
Outbreak is 100% complete. ...finally. There are only a few details to work out now but I'm thinkin' before Summer for a release date.

Cartma7546
12-Feb-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi,
Not dead... living-dead maybe :)

lol well thank god, well thats great to hear cause i loved your books and I had waited forever for it to come out and it never did. As I recall it's a prequel to the other books which should be awsome

Reignofthedead
12-Feb-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes it is a prequel.

The entire story takes place in about a week. And it all takes place in New York City. It is very fast. The mega Metropolis falls apart quickly.

New characters are introduced, and some old ones from the first book show up again in their quest to get home as well.

The small sneak is called: “Outbreak: Broadway Breakdown”. This little portion of the story takes place outside a police precinct on Broadway. The ending is changed slightly. I didn’t wanna give up character’s fate. I hope ya like it.

Cartma7546
13-Feb-2009, 06:14 AM
I know it'll be great, I think reign of the dead was the first zombie book i had read and even did a school book report on it when i was in high school. Several counselor visits followed but what the hell i got an A. I looked on the inside of my copy and it gave a 2005 release date for it, what happen?

Reignofthedead
15-Jun-2009, 10:49 PM
life happened.
it's still coming. but lately it has been going thru more edits. the story is finished though. it's coming.

zombiekiller
18-Jun-2009, 01:18 PM
life happened.
it's still coming. but lately it has been going thru more edits. the story is finished though. it's coming.

glad to hear that i was asking earlier if any one knew when it was coming out. i just finished part two and can't wait to get 3.you ever think of selling autographed copies? if so, let me know how much and i'll buy one from you.

Yojimbo
18-Jun-2009, 04:30 PM
Reign, nice to hear from you. I met you at the 2004 Pittsuburgh Comicon and purchased and had you autograph your two novels at the convention. Had to have them since you had Lenny on the covers (it was a trippy day, since I got to meet him in addition to Sharon and Clayton, GAR and Christine) Read one that night, and the second on the plane trip home to Los Angeles - great reads - and they both sit in a place of honor on my bookshelf next to the DOTD Sparrow/Romero novelization.

When your next one comes out, my wife and I will have to come to see you to have you autograph that one too!

Reignofthedead
21-Jun-2009, 09:13 PM
to zombiekiller...
I don't charge for autographs... I never would... even if my books sold a million. Currently, I do not have an address set up to accept books to sign and send back. Maybe I can do that again in the near future. But if U can catch me out at a signing or convention I'll be glad to do so. I don't do many book signings/events between book releases, but with Outbreak so close now I will likely schedule some for the end of 2009 and early 2010.

Yojimbo...
I think I remember you. I believe you told me you read the 1st one that night and if I'm not mistaken came back the next day to get Apocalypse End. I'm glad you liked them. As u know, Outbreak is a prequel. Only a few characters from the other books are in this one. Like the others, it moves quickly and in my opinion, paints a great picture of New York City rapidly falling apart. Also, there's a part at the end devoted to the fate of Jim Workman.

The length of 'Outbreak' is similar to the other two. right now it is actually a little longer but the editing taking place now is designed to tighten up the writing and lesson the number of words. There were areas that were a little wordy. There were also places that needed to be active in style and not passive. so while these things are not necessarily difficult to fix, they can be time consuming. All in all though the book is pretty good and I think most of you will enjoy it.

www.reignofthedead.com hasn't been updated in quite a while. Sorry for that. I will see to a complete face lift and upgrade before Outbreak's release.

livingdeadpress
22-Jun-2009, 12:03 AM
I've heard good things about these books, congrats to the author. :evil:

Reignofthedead
23-Jun-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks LDP

raptorman
14-Jul-2009, 02:10 AM
Len, I know exactly how you feel in regards to life getting in the way on finishing books. I've been busy with my real life and would have liked to have my sequel out a bit sooner than Feb '10 (the announced release date).

Good luck Len, I'm sure it will be good.