PDA

View Full Version : Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal

NumberOneGARFan
12-May-2006, 08:35 AM
As most of you already know Land was filmed in Toronto. Since in the end they say they're headed north to Canada. Do you think it would actually be filmed there? It is hard to say with the rising loonie and the lowering exchange rate. It may not be worth filming in Canada by the time they are ready to start shooting. If they do.

Griff
12-May-2006, 11:48 AM
http://www.moviehole.net/interviews/20051129_exclusive_interview_george_rom.html

This time, says Romero, they might even bring the undead to Australia.

“Simon Baker says that’s where we should shoot it”, he says, adding “But yeah, there’s some rumbling about doing a sequel. Most of my zombie movies have been ten years apart, at least, in this case it was twenty, I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back”.

Romero isn’t fazed Baker has now relocated back to his native Australia either. “You tell him we need him on the truck”, he laughs.

Sounds to good to me.

Oi!

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 10:00 AM
If there actually is a sequel it will have nothing to do with LOTD because none of the movies have anything to do with the previous film aside from the zombies appearing in each one. The first two were shot in similar places but then the third went to BFE and the fourth went even beyond that... if there were to be a movie beyond Diary of the Dead or maybe a World of the Dead they would have all new characters and be in a totally new spot.... which is why IMHO his movies kinda blow... you never know what happens after the movie ends and we're all dying to know... or at least i am

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 01:16 AM
It would probably be in a place that would most resemble where riley and crew were going. GAR has always tried to film in places that were at or looked very much like the places in his script for the dead films. He did very little filming by way of building sets.

EvilNed
10-Jul-2007, 06:47 PM
In my pants.

Oh yeah, Asia, come to papa...

Deadman_Deluxe
10-Jul-2007, 08:18 PM
If there actually is a sequel it will have nothing to do with LOTD because none of the movies have anything to do with the previous film aside from the zombies appearing in each one.

Did you write that BEFORE reading the post ABOVE your's which contained a quote directly from romero which clearly states, in regards to a LOTD sequel:

"I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back".

?

Also, in regards to the original question - Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal ... i would go for Kanada ;)

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 01:24 AM
Did you write that BEFORE reading the post ABOVE your's which contained a quote directly from romero which clearly states, in regards to a LOTD sequel:

"I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back".

?

Also, in regards to the original question - Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal ... i would go for Kanada ;)

But do you think that if he had done another dead film say a year or two after dawn would he have continued it or would the series be better served the way it is, with different characters and scenarios for each film? I like the latter myself.

Philly_SWAT
11-Jul-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, the State legislature in Pennsylvania is considering a big "tax incentive" program to make it more attractive for movie and TV producers to want to film there. Hopefully, this passes, and then GAR can come home and film in Pittsburgh.

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 12:43 AM
And maybe it will make it possible for more indie film makers to make movies without having to kiss the ring of a major studio in order to get their work released.