PDA

View Full Version : zombie diaries booo!!!!!

DEAD BEAT
23-Feb-2009, 02:27 AM
Just saw Zombies Diaries...let me just say for anyone thinking of renting or buying it id have more fun giving myself a paper cut in my asssshole!!!:rant:

Tired of these bullshit zombie flicks who the fu@k would fund this piece of elephant turd?:moon:

I give this movie 2 fingers up!!!:mad:

capncnut
23-Feb-2009, 05:44 AM
Thread moved.

Mr.G
23-Feb-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree. It was bad....BUT as someone who has seen dozens of bad zombie movies...there are MUCH worse out there.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Feb-2009, 02:01 PM
I agree that there is much much worse out there. I don't think it is a really as bad as say Children of the Living Dead. It had some enjoyable moments.

Mr.G
23-Feb-2009, 06:33 PM
I agree that there is much much worse out there. I don't think it is a really as bad as say Children of the Living Dead. It had some enjoyable moments.

Here goes all my credibility; I really enjoyed Children of the Living Dead. :shifty:

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Mike70
23-Feb-2009, 08:24 PM
I give this movie 2 fingers up!!!:mad:

let me guess- are they in the middle of your hand.

i thought zombie diaries wasn't bad just ultra depressing. definitely worth a look though and to echo what's been said before, there are certainly worse things out there.

AcesandEights
23-Feb-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow, I actually quite liked the film. Granted, it was a bit dark for my tastes, but I thought it went in a nice direction. Overall, the production values and acting seemed damned good for this level of film, but each to their own, I suppose.

DEAD BEAT
23-Feb-2009, 10:18 PM
Had a chance to calm down now...i just got to keep telling myself stop expecting Dawn of the Dead (original of course) i cant understand why no one can duplicate that magnitude!

We all talk about these flicks and most of us agree on what a good zombie flick formula is needed, yet the "pricks" lucky enough to have the funds to put out a movie always fall short!:mad:

Oh well i will say at least i didn't pay for this piece of sh@t!!!:annoyed:

Mr.G
23-Feb-2009, 10:37 PM
Had a chance to calm down now...i just got to keep telling myself stop expecting Dawn of the Dead (original of course) i cant understand why no one can duplicate that magnitude!

We all talk about these flicks and most of us agree on what a good zombie flick formula is needed, yet the "pricks" lucky enough to have the funds to put out a movie always fall short!:mad:

I would say it shows how hard it is to trap lighting in a bottle. DOTD is that rare film in a particular genre that comes along once in a few generations.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2009, 12:45 PM
Here goes all my credibility; I really enjoyed Children of the Living Dead. :shifty:

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

You actually dug COTLD? Would you mind explaining what you enjoyed about it? I don't mean it in a rude or baiting way either, I have just never met anyone who actually like COTLD and I am really curious towards their opinion.

I would say it shows how hard it is to trap lighting in a bottle. DOTD is that rare film in a particular genre that comes along once in a few generations.

Like was said, DAWN is very rare. It really captivates you from beginning to end because although you are stuck in a mall, you know from the looks on their faces, and the desperation of the TV and radio casts that all is lost. DAWN is by far one of the most EPIC horror films ever made.

That magic will be hard to capture, however, it is a big inspiration for me as a filmmaker because EPIC zombie films are what i love most.

Shaun is another film that almost captures that same magic. The exact moment it is captured is when they turn on the TV in the pub and start channel surfing to only find out everything is off the air.

That my friends is what horror is all about. Bringing the creepiness out in the open.

One thing I did enjoy about TZD is the opening bit in the house when they went upstairs to investigate, their was such suspense going into it, but it fizzled out too soon because the scene took too long to take place.

Mr.G
24-Feb-2009, 01:18 PM
You actually dug COTLD? Would you mind explaining what you enjoyed about it? I don't mean it in a rude or baiting way either, I have just never met anyone who actually like COTLD and I am really curious towards their opinion.

I think initially I rented COTLD and The Dead Hate the Living on the same weekend a few years back and I was more impressed with COTLD.

I can't really point to anything right now but I'll pop it in again this weekend and give you a better answer.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2009, 01:31 PM
I think initially I rented COTLD and The Dead Hate the Living on the same weekend a few years back and I was more impressed with COTLD.

I can't really point to anything right now but I'll pop it in again this weekend and give you a better answer.

Thanks... mucho appreciate it. Like I said I really am curious.

clanglee
24-Feb-2009, 11:19 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Not much of a comparison there. That's like saying "I ate some cat shit and some dog shit. . . turns out that The dog shit is a little less tangy"

Wow, I actually quite liked the film. Granted, it was a bit dark for my tastes, but I thought it went in a nice direction. Overall, the production values and acting seemed damned good for this level of film, but each to their own, I suppose.

Completely agree.

hydro
25-Feb-2009, 07:49 AM

I think the main issue with the release of the film has been the artwork, which i'll stress is nothing to do with the filmmakers. It can give false expectations as the film isn't an action-horror movie. But simply calling filmmakers who manage to raise enough money to shoot a movie and slog their guts out over it "pricks" really does show a lack of understanding.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2009, 11:49 AM
I think the main issue with the release of the film has been the artwork, which i'll stress is nothing to do with the filmmakers. It can give false expectations as the film isn't an action-horror movie. But simply calling filmmakers who manage to raise enough money to shoot a movie and slog their guts out over it "pricks" really does show a lack of understanding.

What he said. :D

AcesandEights
25-Feb-2009, 02:42 PM

Well said, Hydro. I have nothing but respect for what you and everyone else on your project accomplished. Good show!

DEAD BEAT
25-Feb-2009, 07:22 PM
Shiiit i even found the Dead Next Door as low of a budget and crappy effects found that to be at least twice as better than TZD!:rant:

AcesandEights
25-Feb-2009, 07:52 PM
Sometimes things just don't meet our own particular tastes, that's what makes film so subjective. Looks like this might just be one of those times.

capncnut
25-Feb-2009, 10:43 PM
Well said, Hydro. I have nothing but respect for what you and everyone else on your project accomplished. Good show!
Quite agree, The Zombie Diaries SHAT on Diary Of The Dead. No wonder Kev was offered a shit hot deal on the movie. ;)

Mr.G
02-Mar-2009, 08:23 PM

Ok so I watched COTLD yesterday and still enjoyed it. The acting, story, pacing, wasn't the best but it entertained me for 90 minutes.

Abbot Hayes and his wierd laugh/gasp was a little much but it's a movie I could watch every once in a while.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Mar-2009, 01:10 AM
The movie itself made me laugh, especially when the van veers off the cliff. I was ROFLMAO at that.

Mr.G
05-Mar-2009, 12:54 PM
The movie itself made me laugh, especially when the van veers off the cliff. I was ROFLMAO at that.

That WAS funny. That cliff and speed of the van came out of no where! You have to admit that Savini was great in the first 10 minutes!

archivesofthede
05-Mar-2009, 02:34 PM
I agree. It was bad....BUT as someone who has seen dozens of bad zombie movies...there are MUCH worse out there.

It's like the best bad zombie movie on DVD right now.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Mar-2009, 02:36 PM
That WAS funny. That cliff and speed of the van came out of no where! You have to admit that Savini was great in the first 10 minutes!

HA HA, doing a very bad impression of popeye :D

Mr.G
06-Mar-2009, 02:50 PM
It's like the best bad zombie movie on DVD right now.

If there is EVER a re-release of the DVD...your quote HAS to be on the cover!

archivesofthede
30-Mar-2009, 10:14 PM
If there is EVER a re-release of the DVD...your quote HAS to be on the cover!

sorry, I just seen this. I'll have to send it over to them. With all due respect.

EvilNed
09-Jul-2009, 01:02 AM
Out of the three "Video Cam Zombie Films" that were released around the same time, [REC], TZD and Diary of the Dead, I think I enjoy TZD the least. [REC] rules, however. Best zombiefilm in a long, long time.

MoonSylver
09-Jul-2009, 01:10 AM
Out of the three "Video Cam Zombie Films" that were released around the same time, [REC], TZD and Diary of the Dead, I think I enjoy TZD the least. [REC] rules, however. Best zombiefilm in a long, long time.

Agreed. If you haven't seen "Dead Set" yet, then check it out. I'd put it right up there. Maybe even better in some respects, (though [REC] is a hard act to follow....)

EvilNed
09-Jul-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah. I saw Dead Set. It brought some interesting questions I hadn't thought about before... Such as where do you take a crap when you're being besieged by zombies? :p Overall a good series, but with a bit of a crappy ending.

But I thought the zombies were ridiculous. They were running, hissing superzombies. But that series would have been sooooo epic if the zombies would have been shamblers! And not hissing.

MoonSylver
09-Jul-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah. I saw Dead Set. It brought some interesting questions I hadn't thought about before... Such as where do you take a crap when you're being besieged by zombies? :p Overall a good series, but with a bit of a crappy ending.

The ending kinda floored me on that one. while it was a real downer, it was tense, gripping & shocking, to me anyway. I didn't see it coming & they didn't cop out on it at all, which shocked the hell out of me for a TV project. Those final few shots haunted me for days

But I thought the zombies were ridiculous. They were running, hissing superzombies. But that series would have been sooooo epic if the zombies would have been shamblers! And not hissing.

Bugged me a LITTLE, but not as bad as D'04 for some reason. They weren't track stars & roaring like raptors at least. I thought they were the most believable runners I'd seen at least.

EvilNed
09-Jul-2009, 10:14 AM
Really? I thought they were pretty much copy-paste zombies from Dawn. Track-stars, roars and everything. And also the twitching... Why, why, why?

MoonSylver
09-Jul-2009, 10:42 PM
Really? I thought they were pretty much copy-paste zombies from Dawn. Track-stars, roars and everything. And also the twitching... Why, why, why?

I'll have to watch again w/ a more critical eye. Maybe it was the setting & mood that made them seem more believable for some reason. Grim, tense & unrelenting. Really felt like the end of the world & not as "action-y" as D'04. I dunno...:confused:

EvilNed
12-Jul-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll have to watch again w/ a more critical eye. Maybe it was the setting & mood that made them seem more believable for some reason. Grim, tense & unrelenting. Really felt like the end of the world & not as "action-y" as D'04. I dunno...:confused:

Agreed on that. Everything else about Dead Set is top notch. My favourite kind of zombiefilms are the ones where it's about the characters rivalry and survivor, as well as their expressions of terror when they're confronted by this gruesome end-of-the-world scenario. And Dead Set definetly falls into that category. The only thing I didn't like it were the zombies (and to some extent, the shaky hand-camera photography).

I still stand by my opinion that if Dead Set had featured shamblers, and thus emphazised a more drawn out horror, rather than a sudden burst of action, then Dead Set would have been one of the greatest things to come our for a long time.

SymphonicX
20-Jul-2009, 01:47 PM
zombie diaries was shite though, just saw it...looks like it was made on a Z1. Terrible.

_liam_
31-Jul-2009, 11:49 AM
So harsh :lol: the dude is reading all of this.

Haven't seen it yet, but a depressing rather than action packed zombie movie sounds my cup of tea, I'll keep an eye out

capncnut
31-Jul-2009, 01:53 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but a depressing rather than action packed zombie movie sounds my cup of tea, I'll keep an eye out
I enjoyed it, son. Chances are you will too. ;)

SymphonicX
03-Aug-2009, 09:22 AM
So harsh :lol: the dude is reading all of this.

I take it back then, it was a dark noir character study with deep sociopolitical commentary - unfortunately none of it worked...!

mind you the next to nothing budget kinda makes it a valiant effort - still I think they missed the mark on more than a few occasions and should make up for lack of money by implementing a good solid plot with likable and memorable characters...

Legion2213
17-Sep-2009, 09:28 PM
Goke was a good character IMO.