PDA

View Full Version : night of the living dead 3D (2006)

Mike70
12-May-2006, 07:06 PM
anyone heard anything about this? apparently it is a 3d remake that is scheduled for release in sep 06.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489244/

Adrenochrome
12-May-2006, 07:14 PM
anyone heard anything about this? apparently it is a 3d remake that is scheduled for release in sep 06.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489244/

Crawl away.......it's gonna start a new war.

Danny
12-May-2006, 07:16 PM
aye ,ditto to that. fanboys ahoy:D

dmbfanintn
12-May-2006, 07:55 PM
Crawl away.......it's gonna start a new war.

Please excuse Adreno, he doesn't get to participate in social engagement very often.

Apparently they are having problems with the 3-D and have backed up the release date until ????? (who knows).

Adrenochrome
12-May-2006, 08:05 PM
Please excuse Adreno, he doesn't get to participate in social engagement very often.

Apparently they are having problems with the 3-D and have backed up the release date until ????? (who knows).
Oh no....LOL....there is no excuse for me! I am.

..................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmbfanintn
12-May-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh no....LOL....there is no excuse for me! I am.

..................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

bassman
15-May-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, Apparently it now has an official release date...

This is what Arrow in the Head (http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=4161) says on the subject...

Lord_Galvatron
21-May-2006, 04:29 PM
Here's the website for it:

http://www.nightofthelivingdead3d.com/

Somethings are better left alone. The original is a classic and the 1990 remake was great. This seems to be just for a gimmick (sp?). I can imagine a lot of boring medium shots of the zombies with their arms stretched forward to make the 3D effect. The same way goes for the people with the guns/rifle so we can see it pointed at us in "glorious" 3D.

You would have thought they learned from Jaws 3D and Friday the 13th 3D.

IMHO I hate 3D.

EvilNed
21-May-2006, 04:38 PM
I've never seen a 3D film in 3D. is it all green and red and stuff or are the colors actually normal?

If it's all green and red, why would anyone want to watch it?

BUTCHYPIE
23-May-2006, 01:31 AM
I've never seen a 3D film in 3D. is it all green and red and stuff or are the colors actually normal?

If it's all green and red, why would anyone want to watch it?

Actually, the newer methods of 3-D can look pretty good. The colors will merge back together and look relatively normal, when you're wearing the special glasses.

Here's a link, if you want to understand how it works. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image)

Not everyone is a fan, but I for one would recommend checking out the new tech, if you get a chance.

Lord_Galvatron
28-May-2006, 07:45 AM
I remember watching Jaws 3D when it came out at the movie theaters when I was a kid. It used the polarized glasses which doesn't affect the colors. Now if you try to rent Spy Kids 3-D it uses the red/green glasses. It looks horrible and it gave me a headache!

:dead:

axlish
28-May-2006, 01:15 PM
The 1990 remake is trash, Savini will tell you that himself.

I don't expect this one to be much better, but I still think the fans deserve a good remake.

Adrenochrome
28-May-2006, 01:17 PM

I don't expect this one to be much better, but I still think the fans deserve a good remake.
Oh, it's gonna suck like a mo fo!!!!

p.s. LOVE the avatar

Lord_Galvatron
29-May-2006, 07:44 AM

Funny... I own the 1990 DVD and in Tom Savini's Commentary he is very pleased and proud of his movie.

I remember when it was announced in Fangoria (the cover was the Cemetary Zombie) I was very happy with the idea, and when I got in in VHS I loved it.

And that's just my humble opinion.

general tbag
29-May-2006, 08:35 AM
3d has come along way , just check out imaxs version of 3d. pretty amazing stuff. it truly is 3d with out the colored glasses and no color distortion.

the night remake was ok at best. it hard to top something that is already great.

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2006, 01:29 PM
3d has come along way , just check out imaxs version of 3d. pretty amazing stuff. it truly is 3d with out the colored glasses and no color distortion.

the night remake was ok at best. it hard to top something that is already great.

IMAX is a pretty amazing format in general too bad is so friggin expensive to shoot, and your running time is limited.

axlish
29-May-2006, 01:34 PM
Funny... I own the 1990 DVD and in Tom Savini's Commentary he is very pleased and proud of his movie.

I remember when it was announced in Fangoria (the cover was the Cemetary Zombie) I was very happy with the idea, and when I got in in VHS I loved it.

And that's just my humble opinion.

Go to www.deadpit.com and listen to last friday's show if you want to hear his real opinion on the Night remake.

I saw it in theatres when I was 14, and I thought it was awful. Over the years I have welcomed it into the family, but it is still far from a decent movie, and nowhere near the original IMHO.

DjfunkmasterG
29-May-2006, 01:45 PM
Go to www.deadpit.com and listen to last friday's show if you want to hear his real opinion on the Night remake.

I saw it in theatres when I was 14, and I thought it was awful. Over the years I have welcomed it into the family, but it is still far from a decent movie, and nowhere near the original IMHO.

I like night 90 better than Land. It isn't the greatest film, but it isn't total crap either. I know when I met Tom in LA in 2004 and asked him about an unrated directors cut for night 90 he said it will never happen. He didn't seem to like talking about night 90.

Lord_Galvatron
29-May-2006, 03:32 PM

Thanks, I'll listen to it later today!

general tbag
30-May-2006, 03:31 AM
IMAX is a pretty amazing format in general too bad is so friggin expensive to shoot, and your running time is limited.

yea amazing indeed. if anyone goes to see try to watch a orginal 3d made one, as the ported 2d movies dont really show the effect as good.