PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question - Keith Wayne is on commentary tracks after he died?

Neil
03-Mar-2006, 09:02 AM
Never thought of this before, but someone sent me an email regarding this matter...

Keith Wayne committed suicide in 95, yet there he is on commentary tracks on DVDs released for example in 98. eg:-
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/memorabilia/view.pl?id=25

Is the answer that these commentary tracks were from earlier Laserdisc versions?

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2006, 09:59 AM
My best guess would be Laserdisc...it wouldn't make much sense to do a commentary with your real identity, if you say, faked your suicide...but why he'd have gone that far I duno. Laserdisc makes sense, some folk are too lazy to pimp out a new commentary, so they nab the one from Laserdisc - check out the one for "Chasing Amy" which was done just as DVD was being chattered about (like Blu-ray is now) where he says "f**k DVD!" ... for the DVD edition (it was a Laserdisc commentary) he did his usual intro and joked off the comment, haha.

axlish
03-Mar-2006, 02:34 PM
Yes, this was a ported commentary from the laserdisc done in the mid 90's.

http://home.comcast.net/~axlish/laserdisc.htm

Perhaps this should be added to a FAQ :p

MoonSylver
04-Mar-2006, 09:24 PM
Yep, from Laserdisc. I even noticed on the Elite NOTLD "Millenium Edition" that in GAR's commentary that he mentions it being the "official" definitive edition, preserved on LASERDISC. So, that tells me Elite just transfered all of their earlier LD commentaries to DVD.

Philly_SWAT
01-Dec-2006, 05:34 AM
Just thought I would revive an old post from the past back to the top of the board!

I have many laserdiscs, and a LD player, yet no remote. :( Apparently, there are no buttons on the unit itself to access the commentary. That sux! Any tech experts out there that know how to access these without having to use on-screen programming with the remote?

axlish
01-Dec-2006, 01:00 PM
I'd get one of those el cheapo all-in-one remotes from Walmart for around 10 dollars. Other than that, I'm not sure how to do it manually. What is the make and model # of your player?

Philly_SWAT
01-Dec-2006, 09:50 PM
I'd get one of those el cheapo all-in-one remotes from Walmart for around 10 dollars. Other than that, I'm not sure how to do it manually. What is the make and model # of your player?

I have a cheapo all-in-one that will play, rewind, etc, but will not bring up any kind of on-screen menu. It is a RCA. Dont see a model number on the front, and would have to tear apart the entertainment system to see the back (dont know why the hell I put it in there, especially on the bottom!) If you think you might know something, I can take it apart and see if there is a model number on the back.