PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good fiction here...

JDFP
14-Mar-2009, 05:17 PM
I suppose the title itself is a bit of oxymora in disguise.

But, there is some good fiction in the fiction section here, and I'm not talking about the stupid stuff I wrote when I was 16 - 20 here, or others may have written in high school while listening to White Zombie, and thought I was the next Vonnegut (though I do defend my one decent story "The World Inside Your Eyes" here even if I semi-ripped the title from John Harrison's DOTD song). Does anyone have a good list of stories that are "really" worth reading?

I've been writing a bit of zombie stuff again recently. It's a bit interesting gettting back into it again after 6 years, now that I actually know how to write, and hope to post some new stuff soon. But, I'm more interested in reading the groovy stuff here that actually has the ability to scare me and keep me interested. Any good lists from folks that they can share?

Probably the best "ghoulish" story I've read recently would have to be this novella that Tim Lebbon (a fav of mine) wrote called "Naming of Parts". Not Romeroesque, but incredibly good. I just want to read some good zombie fic.

j.p.

darkness
16-Mar-2009, 03:55 AM
I suggest ALL THINGS MUST END by Anthony Giangregorio. Good story with gore and stuff and an emotional plot too. its got good stars too.