PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, script writing...

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 11:12 PM
Started writing a script a while ago now, it's clocking in at 97 pages with plenty more to write, which I hope to get done in the next week or two, hopefully should get a chunk done this weekend. I'm really enjoying writing it, it's cathartic for me as well, because of the content. But it's also a learning experience, plus writing is fun too.

But damn, I keep falling into ditches of block or just empty gaps. I'll go for a week or up to three weeks and do nothing, then hammer out 40 pages over a couple of days, and then again with the tumble weeds.

After I've done that, then I'll be full speed ahead on a short script for a short film I wanna make this summer with a friend of mine, although sorry Dj, it won't be a zombie short. I was planning on doing two short films this summer, but I realised I didn't have enough time to gain work experience, write my main script, do the script and all planning for the short film I will shoot as well as edit a couple of projects, sleep, eat and watch TV, lol. Perhaps later I'll do another zombie short. What I will say is the one I'm working on will be a dark comedy, I've got a cool idea I wanna try out, should be a nice visual segment for the film ... more news on that and so forth when I progress further.

Just wanted to post an update post for anyone interested...

Pistolero Films
31-May-2006, 05:00 PM
How is it going? Any news?

I am now in the middle of two scripts myself. I love writing, even when in a production. One is another horror, the other is a comedy/animation short.

MinionZombie
31-May-2006, 09:29 PM
The script for the short film is done and dusted, now it's planning things out and finding appropriate days to film. As for the main script I finished that a week/10 days ago (first draft anyway), and it's at like 136 pages. Will get into the second draft sometime soon I hope, at the moment I'm jotting down new ideas I want to add in or things I want to develop/adapt/change. I sent it to a friend of mine from uni, she's the only one I'm running it by at the moment as I want to keep it as underwraps as possible without giving all my ideas away, besides she's doing a course at the moment on script writing and she's part of the target audience for this script anyway, so it's working out nicely.

I'm quite chuffed with it, it's also quite cathartic to write it as it's getting a lot of things off my mind and off my chest, so it's all good - plus it's good practice as well. Gravy baby.

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:44 AM
sounds cool, but what kinda writer are you is your scripts like just guide lines and incetives with room for improve or ,like mine, written to the letter describing every minute and often useless piece of info about the scene?