PDA

View Full Version : New Official NIGHT site

DeadCentral
25-Mar-2009, 03:52 PM
This site is authorized by Russ Streiner and John Russo along with George Kosana.
George Romero is also aware and will be adding some contributions.
The Merchandise link is still being worked on but some great collectors stuff will be available soon.
We will have more interviews with cast members, some done exclusively for the site, so drop by have a look ...
Enjoy
www.nightofthelivingdeadclassic.com (http://www.nightofthelivingdeadclassic.com/)

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2009, 05:10 PM
This site is authorized by Russ Streiner and John Russo along with George Kosana.
George Romero is also aware and will be adding some contributions.

Ah, I see you answered my first and second questions that had formed when I read the thread title right off the bat.

I can't view the site from work due to lack of the proper 'plu in', so I'll have to take a look later.

DeadCentral
25-Mar-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah, currently it's the ONLY official site out there by any of these folks regarding Night. I have a ton to do on the storefront though so I decided to get things rolling since I've been sitting on this for a month.
there will be an interview with Judy Ridley on there eventually, the only one that exists, along with some updated video int's as well.

DubiousComforts
25-Mar-2009, 06:59 PM
Gary Streiner's web site for The Living Dead Festival (http://www.thelivingdeadfest.com) is pretty gosh dang official.

krakenslayer
25-Mar-2009, 07:08 PM
I wish Russo would just make a half-decent movie (which I'm sure he is capable of) and stop trying to shave prestige off a movie he was involved in over forty years ago. It's just a little bit sad.

DeadCentral
25-Mar-2009, 09:19 PM
Gary Streiner's web site for The Living Dead Festival (http://www.thelivingdeadfest.com) is pretty gosh dang official.

I say "official" in regard to those who were directly involved in the acting/writing/production of the film 40 years ago Dubious. I was hired by Russ and John personally. The Festival site looks cool though.

Yojimbo
25-Mar-2009, 09:29 PM
I say "official" in regard to those who were directly involved in the acting/writing/production of the film 40 years ago Dubious. I was hired by Russ and John personally. The Festival site looks cool though.

You say "potato"...

I wish Russo would just make a half-decent movie (which I'm sure he is capable of) and stop trying to shave prestige off a movie he was involved in over forty years ago. It's just a little bit sad.

Here, here!

(No disrespect intended on the website, mind you, which looks very cool and well done.) :)

DeadCentral
25-Mar-2009, 09:44 PM
lol :lol: none taken yojimbo, thanx

DubiousComforts
25-Mar-2009, 10:32 PM
Understood. Gary Streiner is one of the original investors and, along with the late Vince Survinski, was a core individual in the production of Night of the Living Dead. You can't get any more "directly involved" than Gary.

DeadCentral
25-Mar-2009, 11:05 PM
Understood. Gary Streiner is one of the original investors and, along with the late Vince Survinski, was a core individual in the production of Night of the Living Dead. You can't get any more "directly involved" than Gary.

Very True... Latent Image days.

gary
30-Mar-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey guys it's all good. Remember I run a festival in honor of Night and it is in no way in competition with what any of the other members of night are doing. I want the benefits of the festival to deal with the future. Whats next for the fans? We had a great little screening for the 40th and we will get better in years to come. Remember there is no big money behind the festival just loyal fans and volunteers, but trust me we will have our share of original information. There will be some never before seen cast members at this years event along with many of the old. Help me make this the event that everyone waits for each year. Thank you all for your support.

Lets kick some horror ass,
Gary

DubiousComforts
30-Mar-2009, 03:23 AM
Gary! Welcome to the Homepage of the Dead forum. Hope that you'll enjoy posting here.

ProfessorChaos
30-Mar-2009, 03:42 AM
yeah, a big welcome. nice to virtually meet someone who was directly involved in what is probably my favorite horror film of all-time. i'm thinking of taking a vacation this fall to attend the living dead festival. you guys have dates locked down yet?

thanks for stopping by to visit our little neck of the internet woods.:)

gary
30-Mar-2009, 03:58 AM
Yea Chaos Oct. 30th and 31st our Halloween tradition. And thanks for the welcome. Our launch for the new year will be the Chiller show amd that will get our website rocking again.

capncnut
30-Mar-2009, 10:23 AM
Pleased to meet you, Gary. You have a very informative website and I wish you all the best with the festival.

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2009, 12:57 PM
A welcome greeting from me to you Gary.

Without Night of the Living Dead, we wouldn't have flesh eaters at all - and what kind of world would that be to live in?!

:cool:

Yojimbo
30-Mar-2009, 04:12 PM
Sorry, had heard that Gary joined, but I must have missed these posts during my hasty search so I posted a welcome thread on the main Dead boards.

(Mods, feel free to eliminate, merge -whatever you feel is appropriate)

Welcome Gary Streiner!!!!

DeadCentral
05-Apr-2009, 05:48 AM
forgot to mention, there will be more merchandise links added to the site, I just need some more info from Russ and George Kosana before I can set up those stores. Been waiting on it but they tend to be a bit busy as of late so theres been a slight delay on those areas..
...waiting on other content to go on the trivia page also.... I've asked the guys to dig upsome of the most unusual info that they can think of, not the normal stuff you read, but things that have been kind of over looked through the years and most fans wouldnt know.

DubiousComforts
05-Apr-2009, 04:55 PM
fI've asked the guys to dig upsome of the most unusual info that they can think of, not the normal stuff you read, but things that have been kind of over looked through the years and most fans wouldnt know.
Ask about the two different corpses seen at the top of the stairs (see this thread (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?p=172846#post172846)). Nobody can seem to recall anything about it. George Romero doesn't remember and he's probably the guy that made 'em both.

capncnut
05-Apr-2009, 11:30 PM
Ask about the two different corpses seen at the top of the stairs (see this thread (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?p=172846#post172846)). Nobody can seem to recall anything about it. George Romero doesn't remember and he's probably the guy that made 'em both.
Yeah, I remember that. It does seem to be a bit of a mystery and I've read nothing about them.

DeadCentral
07-Apr-2009, 03:58 AM
I do know that one is a manniquin and as Duane Jones drags it away it's actually Marilyn Eastman in make up.. if thats what you mean... otherwise I'll ask either Russ or John

Yojimbo
07-Apr-2009, 04:55 PM
I do know that one is a manniquin and as Duane Jones drags it away it's actually Marilyn Eastman in make up.. if thats what you mean... otherwise I'll ask either Russ or John
I thought that it was Kyra Schon when Duane drags the corpse off. Could almost swear I heard Kyra say that on the commentary. But I think he was referring to the two photos of what appears to be two different versions of the made up plastic skull. One appears on advert material and some behind the scenes photos, and the other is the one (looks different from the first) that is on the staircase. These were both shown in another thread, and when I get a chance I will search these out (unless someone beats me to it and does it first)

DubiousComforts
07-Apr-2009, 05:06 PM
Actually, when the body is dragged away by Duane Jones, it's Kyra Schon filling in for the corpse. Being tall for her age, she could easily double for a small adult. She's wearing a house dress typical of an elderly woman, but isn't wearing any make-up.

My question concerns the corpse seen in the film when compared with the example seen in the Continental trailer.

Corpse in film:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1925/noldupstairscorpsejg2.jpg

Corpse from trailer:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2739/noldtrailercorpsedk9.jpg

The props are different. The more skeletal corpse is shown in behind the scenes stills taken by Karl Hardman, but doesn't appear anywhere in the film:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6458/pdvd038ps8.png

DeadCentral
15-Apr-2009, 03:07 PM
More updates on the NightofthelivingdeadClassic.com, the News section is up and I'll be adding Cast appearance dates sometime today, and I'm currently updating the Merchandise link , there will be four listed links including Georges myspace catalogue.