PDA

View Full Version : Fatally-Yours.Com Gives DEADLANDS 2 a GREAT REVIEW

DjfunkmasterG
16-Apr-2009, 03:32 PM
http://www.fatally-yours.com/horror-reviews/deadlands-2-trapped-2008/

AcesandEights
16-Apr-2009, 04:14 PM
Damn, Dj...that was a kick ass review! A decent length for a review too, without real spoilers...just the way I like it :)

DjfunkmasterG
17-Apr-2009, 05:05 AM
Yeah, it is great review. Seems like she really really liked it. :D

Neil
17-Apr-2009, 06:22 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeet!

DawnGirl27
17-Apr-2009, 08:09 PM
Awesome! Congrats, DJ!

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks DAWN girl :D

Neil
18-Sep-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks DAWN girl :D

It took you five months to think of that? :)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2009, 01:39 PM
Got lost in translation...

I try to check the forum daily but everytime I wanted to say thanks I got distracted by something else.

No BS Neil I could write a friggin book about the trials and tribulations of getting this film done, especially the HD DVD mastering which has been the biggest headache on the planet. Here I sit 39 days before the DVD hits the street and the HARD DRIVE still hasn't been shipped to the studio because of Equipment failures (lost 3 hard drives inside of a week)

Once this gets shipped out, I will do a separate Blu-Ray render, and then I am shutting the PC down and building a new one.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 06:03 PM
Damn dude ... when I pop into the directing chair for real on a feature, I'm getting someone else to edit the whole damn thing. :D

Such trials would blow my top, personally.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2009, 09:12 PM
I will most likely NOT edit Deadlands 3. I am in fact in search of an editor for that right now.

ofchappee
20-Sep-2009, 03:27 AM
Got lost in translation...

I try to check the forum daily but everytime I wanted to say thanks I got distracted by something else.

No BS Neil I could write a friggin book about the trials and tribulations of getting this film done, especially the HD DVD mastering which has been the biggest headache on the planet. Here I sit 39 days before the DVD hits the street and the HARD DRIVE still hasn't been shipped to the studio because of Equipment failures (lost 3 hard drives inside of a week)

Once this gets shipped out, I will do a separate Blu-Ray render, and then I am shutting the PC down and building a new one.

Do you know when the Bluray will be available? Same date as the DVD and HD DVD?

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2009, 05:54 AM
Do you know when the Bluray will be available? Same date as the DVD and HD DVD?

No Blu-Ray until at least 2010.

Neil
20-Sep-2009, 07:58 AM
I will most likely NOT edit Deadlands 3. I am in fact in search of an editor for that right now.

Surely editing is where some of the real work/fun is done?

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2009, 10:23 AM
Surely editing is where some of the real work/fun is done?
But there's also a lot of frustration to be had in editing as you're at the mercy of software ... which can be a cruel mistress at times. Not only that but hard drives that might suddenly decide to fail on you, weird technical glitches ... anything. :shifty:

I guess I'm speaking more from my own perspective when I say that editing can be a right chore too. I don't find any joy in sifting through mountains of footage (nevermind the sheer volume of stuff Dj seems to get running up to four cameras). Personally, it does my head in - uploading the footage, logging it all, then chuntering through ... ugh.

Ironically a lot of my workload officially of late has been editing ... but I'm getting paid for that, so there's a difference ... plus there's not necessarily a lot of sorting and sifting to do ... but there is still plenty.

I'd never edit a feature length film I don't think ... I would if it was as simple as say Clerks, which was in Smith's own words, picking the best take and sticking it onto the other best takes in sequence. :p

I find editing to be more laborious than fun, not to say I don't find any pleasure in my editing - like when I string together a few shots and it just works, you know?

But well, that's my view anyway...editing is a very long-winded exercise, very long hours are spent editing, and I don't think I have the patience to personally edit a feature.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2009, 01:47 PM
But there's also a lot of frustration to be had in editing as you're at the mercy of software ... which can be a cruel mistress at times. Not only that but hard drives that might suddenly decide to fail on you, weird technical glitches ... anything. :shifty:

I guess I'm speaking more from my own perspective when I say that editing can be a right chore too. I don't find any joy in sifting through mountains of footage (nevermind the sheer volume of stuff Dj seems to get running up to four cameras). Personally, it does my head in - uploading the footage, logging it all, then chuntering through ... ugh.

Ironically a lot of my workload officially of late has been editing ... but I'm getting paid for that, so there's a difference ... plus there's not necessarily a lot of sorting and sifting to do ... but there is still plenty.

I'd never edit a feature length film I don't think ... I would if it was as simple as say Clerks, which was in Smith's own words, picking the best take and sticking it onto the other best takes in sequence. :p

I find editing to be more laborious than fun, not to say I don't find any pleasure in my editing - like when I string together a few shots and it just works, you know?

But well, that's my view anyway...editing is a very long-winded exercise, very long hours are spent editing, and I don't think I have the patience to personally edit a feature.

Imagine this... There was no shot log for Deadlands 2. :elol:

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2009, 07:55 PM
Imagine this... There was no shot log for Deadlands 2. :elol:
*there is no smiley icon that can define my vision of hair-tearing-out horror at the very thought*

:p

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2009, 11:18 AM
This could have described the horror :eek:

kchertu
21-Sep-2009, 01:39 PM
I really love editing... I feel it's a HUGE part of the creative process of the movie... there's all the footage, 2, 4, maybe 10 takes from 3 or 4 different angles. You can take the footage and make far different movies by the shots that you chose.

It's really difficult editing your own movies if you have another job, are starting another movie, kids, forget a life! Yet at the same time, I find it very VERY hard to relinquish the control at this point. I constantly worry if the editor maybe missed that one great angle or the best take... and of course the best take can be subjective, so... it's tough trusting someone else with your baby.

I'm sure it'll be a lot easier when filmmaking is my only job and I can pay someone to edit my movies and I can have tons of time to go over it with them. ahhhh..... I long for that day!

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2009, 04:06 PM
I really love editing... I feel it's a HUGE part of the creative process of the movie... there's all the footage, 2, 4, maybe 10 takes from 3 or 4 different angles. You can take the footage and make far different movies by the shots that you chose.

It's really difficult editing your own movies if you have another job, are starting another movie, kids, forget a life! Yet at the same time, I find it very VERY hard to relinquish the control at this point. I constantly worry if the editor maybe missed that one great angle or the best take... and of course the best take can be subjective, so... it's tough trusting someone else with your baby.

I'm sure it'll be a lot easier when filmmaking is my only job and I can pay someone to edit my movies and I can have tons of time to go over it with them. ahhhh..... I long for that day!

I love editing, I do, and I learn more and more each day, but along with writing, producing, and directing, not too mention composing... Oi... tis a lot to have on ones plate.