PDA

View Full Version : More Strange Custom 10' Inch Zombies

archivesofthede
27-Apr-2009, 09:47 PM
I found some more of these custom zombies online.

The guy said he would let me have them at $10.00 a peice, there was around 20 of them all with different titles from Dawn, Land and Day.

He said he got them from an estate sale. I just went ahead bought them all. :D I know, I know...

Anyway, they are kind of lame. But, neat in a strange way. Someone had a lot of time on their hands. It looks like a lot are built from various pieces of 1980 toy lines.

What do think? Wierd are they not?

Dachan-da
28-Apr-2009, 08:32 AM
Very weird they are indeed. Is there any sort of authentication with them? I can see in the pics that there is some sort of tag on or in the packets, is that a production tag or something the guy you got them off out in? I only ask coz you said they look like there made up of other toys (and they do!!!! :lol:)
I do like em though; iv got loads of crappy toys from film franchises that I got just because I love the films!

archivesofthede
28-Apr-2009, 09:33 PM
They don't have anything on them. The tag in the bag is a minature THE DEAD WALK newspaper replica. Haha.

The seller said he didn't know their origins. It looks like a few might have He-Man heads?

Dachan-da
29-Apr-2009, 09:08 AM
They don't have anything on them. The tag in the bag is a minature THE DEAD WALK newspaper replica. Haha.

The seller said he didn't know their origins. It looks like a few might have He-Man heads?

That’s awesome! Mini newspaper! Nice touch, I would have snatched them out of his hand and thrown the money at him to make sure I got them first lol

He-man heads!?!? Now that’s weird, would have been funny if one of them had battle-cats head!

archivesofthede
29-Apr-2009, 10:00 PM
That’s awesome! Mini newspaper! Nice touch, I would have snatched them out of his hand and thrown the money at him to make sure I got them first lol

He-man heads!?!? Now that’s weird, would have been funny if one of them had battle-cats head!

haha. That reminds me of the Moosehead from the new DR2 screenshots, lol.

Dachan-da
30-Apr-2009, 06:33 AM
you Never know, the game might inspire some toy production, and we may just get the moose-head-zombie-bashing-protagonist from the game. I know id be getting it!

krakenslayer
02-May-2009, 10:47 PM
I found some more of these custom zombies online.

The guy said he would let me have them at $10.00 a peice, there was around 20 of them all with different titles from Dawn, Land and Day.

He said he got them from an estate sale. I just went ahead bought them all. :D I know, I know...

Anyway, they are kind of lame. But, neat in a strange way. Someone had a lot of time on their hands. It looks like a lot are built from various pieces of 1980 toy lines.

What do think? Wierd are they not?

If I took a turd in a bag, stuck a couple of white beads on it for eyes, slapped a South Park sticker on it and posted it on eBay as an official "Mr. Hanky" action figure, would you buy that for ten bucks too? :lol:

You poor guy. :p

Dachan-da
05-May-2009, 11:36 AM
If I took a turd in a bag, stuck a couple of white beads on it for eyes, slapped a South Park sticker on it and posted it on eBay as an official "Mr. Hanky" action figure, would you buy that for ten bucks too? :lol:

Hell yeah, when you make let me know and make sure i give you a good amount of moneyz for it! :D

archivesofthede
05-May-2009, 08:15 PM
Sweet baby Jesus! That is a good idea. :barf:

Come on, can't we collect strange things without it being poop?

Dachan-da
06-May-2009, 12:02 PM

No, never :rockbrow:

krakenslayer
06-May-2009, 05:14 PM
Sweet baby Jesus! That is a good idea. :barf:

I'm just kidding. I don't think it's poop, although part of me does admire the guy that put those together, if only for his business sense.

archivesofthede
06-May-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm just kidding. I don't think it's poop, although part of me does admire the guy that put those together, if only for his business sense.

I know you just kidding. Hey, I did find a Boss Hog doll in this collection. He's naked with just blood on his belly. It's kinda hawt.

archivesofthede
07-May-2009, 01:44 AM
Behold gangsta zombie! :annoyed:

He's on eBay FTL.

Dachan-da
07-May-2009, 06:40 AM

"Yo Yo, get dem brains fool! "

archivesofthede
08-May-2009, 01:05 AM
"Yo Yo, get dem brains fool! "

Haha! Taken from the new Romero film Gangstas of the Living Dead.

archivesofthede
15-May-2009, 10:16 PM
Dachan-da, the guy I got these from has more. I'm not going to buy anymore. He has mostly the 12 inch versions left and a few weird titled ones.

Did you want his e-mail?

I also saw one on eBay for $9.99. I didn't bid on it. Search Dawn Of The Dead Mego or Dawn of the Dead Customfigure.

Dachan-da
16-May-2009, 11:56 AM
Haha! Taken from the new Romero film Gangstas of the Living Dead.
Like McDonalds, im lov’in it

Dachan-da, the guy I got these from has more. I'm not going to buy anymore. He has mostly the 12 inch versions left and a few weird titled ones.

Did you want his e-mail?

I also saw one on eBay for $9.99. I didn't bid on it. Search Dawn Of The Dead Mego or Dawn of the Dead Customfigure.

Yeah man ill take the e-mail, PM it or post it if the guy's happy for you to do it.
Im liking the tackynes of the ‘Shaun Of the Dead’ Doll :D

capncnut
16-May-2009, 12:15 PM
Surely this 'dollmaker' will be served with a lawsuit soon?

Dachan-da
16-May-2009, 12:24 PM
Surely this 'dollmaker' will be served with a lawsuit soon?

Me thinks too, that’s why id like some of them before it goes out of commission completely :hyper:

SymphonicX
16-May-2009, 08:26 PM
these figures are dogshit, will never buy them...

Yojimbo
16-May-2009, 10:05 PM
these figures are dogshit, will never buy them...
Once again, in agreement with Symph - they are total dogshit because they are fraudlently misleading and appear to be a shoddy product.

That being said, I grok how folks might want to purchase these for the hell of it to keep as a curiosity. Actually, it would be kind of funny to have one of these in a peg-board packet on my shelf!

SymphonicX
17-May-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah I guess when you apply the phrase "curiosity" to it, it sounds interesting -when you apply "fucking dogshit con" to it, it gives it that edge....

archivesofthede
18-May-2009, 04:39 PM
I agree it's total dogshit, but holding one in my hand is like butter. I found the one on eBay and e-mailed that guy. Not the same one from the Estate. He said there was a guy a few years ago on the Mego Musemn forums who was selling/making them. I guess he made a bunch, so I gave up trying to collect them all, lol.

Here is his e-mail. Tell him you know me.

arnieb@bellsouth.net

zombob
07-Jun-2009, 11:32 PM

He's on eBay FTL.

Is that Tupac Shakur?

gallowisgod
10-Jun-2009, 01:22 AM
HAHA OH MY GOD IT'S THE HARE KRISHNA ZOMBIE :D
That's awesome! *dies*