PDA

View Full Version : Not getting some email notifications...

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2006, 10:24 AM
It's strange, most of the time I get email notifications for responses to a thread I'm 'subscribed' to, but a few times someone has responded directly to my post - but I haven't been notified about it, anyone else finding this happening now and then? :confused:

Andy
03-Mar-2006, 10:30 AM
Do you have a junkmail filter which could be catching emails from the forum?

Neil
03-Mar-2006, 05:34 PM
It's strange, most of the time I get email notifications for responses to a thread I'm 'subscribed' to, but a few times someone has responded directly to my post - but I haven't been notified about it, anyone else finding this happening now and then? :confused:

Not with Yahoo are you?

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2006, 05:38 PM
Actually I am - and in response to Andy, if anything unintentionally went into my junkmail I'd be told about it I would have thought, maybe one or two ended up in bulk mail - but that's happened to other emails.

Hmmm...

Cereval
03-Mar-2006, 07:36 PM
I check my gmail spam box regularly. Sometimes random legit mail gets filtered into there. But there've been a few instances like you mentioned where I haven't gotten reply notifications ... :(

Neil
03-Mar-2006, 08:28 PM
I check my gmail spam box regularly. Sometimes random legit mail gets filtered into there. But there've been a few instances like you mentioned where I haven't gotten reply notifications ... :(

And this isn't just down to the fact you only get one email notification for a thread, and subsequent replies don't give you any further emails?

Cereval
03-Mar-2006, 09:08 PM
And this isn't just down to the fact you only get one email notification for a thread, and subsequent replies don't give you any further emails?

It's hit or miss ... sometimes yes, sometimes no on both notification and replies ...

Mostly yes though. :)

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeh the same goes for me, it's irregular to not get any notifications...but it can and does happen out of the blue...strange bug :confused:

lol @ Van Wilder...it'd be nothing without Animal House (etc), but it's damn funny.

Kaos
04-Mar-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm not and I get about half or less of the emails I would expect based on the threads I am subscribed to.

jscott
26-Mar-2006, 01:01 AM
EDIT: I think it's a Yahoo problem, not a board issue, that's preventing me from receiving notifications. Will keep you posted.

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2006, 10:33 AM
You said in another post on the same problem about there being some setting or something to change in Yahoo - any idea what that might be? When it comes to things like this I'm a total n00b, ha!

Neil
26-Mar-2006, 05:08 PM
EDIT: I think it's a Yahoo problem, not a board issue, that's preventing me from receiving notifications. Will keep you posted.

Please do contact Yahoo about this... It seems a number of people are suffering from this problem!

Please let me know of any feedback/outcome!