PDA

View Full Version : Anthem Pictures gives DEADLANDS 2 a Home on DVD

DjfunkmasterG
26-May-2009, 03:13 PM
Great big news today, I just signed and sent off the distribution agreement for Deadlands 2: Trapped, Anthem Pictures aka Anthem Digital will handle the DVD and HD release of the film. Anthem is also the company behind VUDU the HD in-home movie delivery system.

Deadlands 2 is expected to street on Tuesday October 13th 2009 featuring interviews with the director and star Jim Krut, as well as a directors commentary and trailers.

The film will sport a Dolby Digital Sound mix as well as straight lossless PCM sound mix. The films will also include scenes not in either previous film festival release or review screener release.

More to come soon.

AcesandEights
26-May-2009, 03:42 PM
Congratulations, Deej! Very cool development, and you can be certain I'll stay tuned for more details.

Now, you must celebrate!

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 03:50 PM
I figured it wouldn't be long till someone picked it up for distribution. :)

So which version is it going to be, the one you were working on which whoever weren't interested in, but you said they'd most likely change their minds once they saw your changes? I.E. the one with the colour brought back into the picture, and the changed ending?

DjfunkmasterG
26-May-2009, 04:39 PM
It will be the newest version. :D

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 05:43 PM
It will be the newest version. :D
Woo. :)

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 12:01 AM
Just finished the dialog sheet for the flick. GODDAMN it only took 7 days to write out each time code and piece of dialog spouted at that time code.

Something you gotta do for all of your films now, because of TV rules.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 10:42 AM
Just finished the dialog sheet for the flick. GODDAMN it only took 7 days to write out each time code and piece of dialog spouted at that time code.

Something you gotta do for all of your films now, because of TV rules.
Never heard of this stuff - what TV rules?

Something to do with swearing? If so, American TV needs to lighten up. :p

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2009, 11:20 AM
The law is all shows produced after a certain year must contain closed captioning. So Deadlands 2 needed a dialog sheet because of the market the film will play in (On Demand, CHiller, Fear Net etc)

Also it will be available via the VUDU movie system. which requires subtitles.