PDA

View Full Version : UK FILM-MAKERS: Do you want £5000?

Cykotic
17-May-2006, 02:50 PM
The Horror Channel (UK version) has launched a competition called CUT, in which you must make a 2 minute horror movie. First prize is £5000, but the runner up films also get the chance to be screened on the channel and at a cinema showing!!! http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/ for more details...

Dawg
18-May-2006, 07:44 PM
The rules doesn't seem to specify that.

And only 2 minutes for a short film?! Geez Louise! :shifty:

:dead: Dawg

DjfunkmasterG
18-May-2006, 07:54 PM
The rules doesn't seem to specify that.

And only 2 minutes for a short film?! Geez Louise! :shifty:

No Kidding... I couldn't even make a 2 minute horror film. Plus the links don't work for the rules either.

MinionZombie
19-May-2006, 10:01 AM
Sweet as, I think I'll be able to wangle a short film I'm working on now into a short 2 minute version (the overall film will be 10 to 15 minutes), you have to allow pop up windows for that site and then it'll come up.

*edit*

Ah buggery, that's no good, I won't start filming until after the 16th of June - the closing date. Two bloody months? Stingy! Most of these sort of competitions give much more time than that ... I could look at other shorts I've done, but I doubt I could pull out anything worthwhile, which would be a waste of a DVD or miniDV. :(

Dawg
20-May-2006, 10:53 PM
Sweet as, I think I'll be able to wangle a short film I'm working on now into a short 2 minute version (the overall film will be 10 to 15 minutes), you have to allow pop up windows for that site and then it'll come up.

*edit*

Ah buggery, that's no good, I won't start filming until after the 16th of June - the closing date. Two bloody months? Stingy! Most of these sort of competitions give much more time than that ... I could look at other shorts I've done, but I doubt I could pull out anything worthwhile, which would be a waste of a DVD or miniDV. :(

You wouldn't want to spend 50 cents for a blank DVD or $5.00 for a MiniDV tape when you can win 5000 pounds? I would! :)

But anyway, unless you are really, really good, 2 minutes to tell a story is a little bit too short. Maybe someone will surprise us?

MinionZombie
21-May-2006, 10:25 AM
Well at the moment I have zero income bar a few expenses I get from work experience, but there's always something else to spend that dribble of money on, such as fixing my laptop. So I've got to be very careful with my spending, that even means reigning in on buying DVD-Rs and miniDV tapes.

Besides, I'd have to severely adapt one of my existing films, which run for like 15 mintues, down into 2, which would just make a pretty crap mess, so there's no point in bothering cos I definately wouldn't win. I did enter a competition this year though over at Yamgo.com, they liked my entry, hopefully that's a good omen, it'd be awesome to be in the top ten for that. Only a month and a bit left to go before they announce who those top ten are...

Danny
28-May-2006, 12:39 AM
hmmm, looks pretty sweet, too bad my cameras gone all, what we call in the trade "buggered":p

Deadman_Deluxe
28-May-2006, 04:16 PM
hmmm, looks pretty sweet, too bad my cameras gone all, what we call in the trade "buggered":p

A bad workman always blames his tools :p

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:49 AM
sounds like your workman suffers from a worldwide condition known as "bollocks" which can be caught by hanging round plummers.:D