PDA

View Full Version : HPotD has a facebook group now!

Andy
11-Jun-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah so I don't normally post news - I leave it to Neil - but I figured I'd go ahead with this one. I've started a HPotD facebook group for fans of this site... Would be really appreciated if you guys could show you support by joining up too.

It only takes 2 clicks :)

Link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902?ref=search)

Cheers guys! :D

AcesandEights
12-Jun-2009, 02:22 PM
Sweet! I was wondering if we did, or not. I guess I'll have to join. ;)

Thanks for the good news, Andy!

*Awaits facebook haters*

3pidemiC
12-Jun-2009, 04:14 PM
/joined

SRP76
14-Jun-2009, 12:40 AM
*Awaits facebook haters*

Okay, I'm here.

Facebook is horrible. I can't make heads or tails of what the fuck is going on there. I never have any problem getting to where I want on other sites, but that one's fucked up.

clanglee
20-Jun-2009, 12:57 AM
Okay, I'm here.

Facebook is horrible. I can't make heads or tails of what the fuck is going on there. I never have any problem getting to where I want on other sites, but that one's fucked up.

It does take some getting used too.

I will join as soon as I get home tonight.

Yojimbo
28-Jul-2009, 11:22 PM
So I joined Facebook with the intention of joining the HPOTD group, and now not only have a lot of idiots I knew in High School that I have no intention or desire to talk to attempting to contact me, I cannot seem to find the HPOTD group referred to in this thread.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? Or is the group now defunct?

Andy
28-Jul-2009, 11:30 PM
So I joined Facebook with the intention of joining the HPOTD group, and now not only have a lot of idiots I knew in High School that I have no intention or desire to talk to attempting to contact me, I cannot seem to find the HPOTD group referred to in this thread.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? Or is the group now defunct?

I Dont know why the original link isnt working, the group is still going strong!

Try this link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902?ref=search) or if that dosnt work use facebooks search feature and search for "Homepageofthedead".

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2009, 12:01 AM
I Dont know why the original link isnt working, the group is still going strong!

Try this link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902?ref=search) or if that dosnt work use facebooks search feature and search for "Homepageofthedead".
Thanks Andy, you rule! Joined under my every-day name.

p2501
29-Jul-2009, 06:40 PM
heh, i'm in.

Mike70
29-Jul-2009, 08:12 PM
i'm in folks. feel free to hit me up with friends reqs.

Exatreides
15-Aug-2009, 06:59 PM
Just joined as well, feel free to add me.

xopher
02-Sep-2009, 02:30 AM
Facebook says the page doesn't exist. Anybody got another url?

Andy
02-Sep-2009, 09:26 PM
Link works for me, did you try the updated one (posted on this page)?

slickwilly13
02-Sep-2009, 11:54 PM
Ok, I'm in.

Mike70
29-Sep-2009, 05:14 PM

1st: i feel your pain and irritation about people from high school. i quickly nuke any request from someone i went to high school with unless they truly were or are still, a friend of mine.

i also go through my friends list every so often and anyone on there that i haven't had contact with in a long bit, gets nuked. people with like 1,222 friends - bitch, please. nobody has that many "friends." ridiculous.

2d: there are a few folks i'd like to add: aces, the slickster, and a couple more but i can't figure out who the hell is who.

3rd: are some of you secretly women? seriously, i went down the fans list and i've been coming here for eons and only know of a few regular female members but yet, 27 of the 132 fans are female. hmmmm...

guess it must be that valentino coupled with errol flynn sexual volcanism that neil exhibits for the opposite sex.:D

strayrider
02-Oct-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm in, but what for? What does Face Book offer that we do already have here?

:D

-stray-

MinionZombie
02-Oct-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm in, but what for? What does Face Book offer that we do already have here?

-stray-
Poking. :p

strayrider
09-Oct-2009, 07:17 AM
Poking. :p

Poking ... smoking ...

There are some aspects of FB that I like ... the Tribute to Khardis pages, for example ... but otherwise, what for?

-stray-

AcesandEights
14-Oct-2009, 08:29 PM
There are some aspects of FB that I like ... the Tribute to Khardis pages, for example ...

You realize, of course, I actually had to check to see if one really existed. Morbid curiosity and all that.

but otherwise, what for?

I think it's a great substitute for a mailing list as a back up means of communication in case of a catastrophic system fail of the website / forums. Let's say, for some reason, the web address had to be changed or the forums went down and the main site was--god forbid--hacked or the like, FB could let us know when and how the community gets reconstituted.

darth los
14-Oct-2009, 08:38 PM
I think it's a great substitute for a mailing list as a back up means of communication in case of a catastrophic system fail of the website / forums. Let's say, for some reason, the web address had to be changed or the forums went down and the main site was--god forbid--hacked or the like, FB could let us know when and how the community gets reconstituted.

I guess but Shouldn't neil and andy be doing that already?

:cool:

AcesandEights
14-Oct-2009, 08:44 PM
I guess but Shouldn't neil and andy be doing that already?

:cool:

Well, they started the group, so I assume that the ability to contact members who are willing through other means, should something arise, using FB is a nice side benefit for them.

mista_mo
15-Oct-2009, 10:26 AM
It's also a good way to compare how attractive you are compared to other members. Thus far, I'd say I rate pretty good.

Mike70
15-Oct-2009, 12:22 PM
It's also a good way to compare how attractive you are compared to other members. Thus far, I'd say I rate pretty good.

yes, your large supple breasts are the envy of the facebook universe.:D

slickwilly13
15-Oct-2009, 02:43 PM
If you guys want to add me, then you have to find me. :p *woof*

mista_mo
16-Oct-2009, 04:19 PM
Woof?

slickwilly13
20-Oct-2009, 02:44 PM
You guys are killing me here. The secret of the riddle is hidden in the msg. *woof*

slickwilly13
16-Nov-2009, 02:32 PM
I changed my profile pic. It was a dog. No one got it. You guys = fail :p

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=631114211

mista_mo
16-Nov-2009, 03:30 PM
No way that is you.

slickwilly13
16-Nov-2009, 07:19 PM
What makes you think that?

C5NOTLD
16-Nov-2009, 07:45 PM
Off to join...

bassman
16-Nov-2009, 08:44 PM
I've been trying to avoid signing up for Facebook, but this may just push me over the edge....

Philly_SWAT
16-Nov-2009, 09:31 PM
I've been trying to avoid signing up for Facebook, but this may just push me over the edge....

Do not succumb to Facebook...it is evil!

mista_mo
16-Nov-2009, 10:50 PM
Because I can tell things by the way people post. If anything, you have blonde hair with red streaks in it, a handlebar moustache, and a mesh tank top.

Please don't kill me..

C5NOTLD
19-Nov-2009, 09:02 AM
Do not succumb to Facebook...it is evil!

But Mafia Wars is fun :elol:

clanglee
04-Dec-2009, 12:47 AM
But Mafia Wars is fun :elol:

Oh god I am addicted to like 5 or 6 of those crappy time wasting games on FaceBook. I need an intervention.

Mike70
14-Dec-2009, 11:54 PM
i've just permanuked my facebook page - for good. i've come to the realization that i have no real desire to share details of my life with people that i haven't seen in 20 years, who i don't know anymore and with whom the only thing that i have left in common is what-once-was.

so after taking those folks away from the facebook exp what is really left? oh yeah, my actual friends (both real world and internet) that i already interact with all time and can reach pretty much whenever i need to.

all in all, facebook reminded me a lot of the lame ass high school reunion i went to last summer: lots of people you haven't seen in eons making idiotic small talk about where they went to school and what their kids are up to. once you get beyond those few bits of catching up, there really is nothing left.

Leeloo
02-Apr-2010, 06:33 PM
Just joined;)

Neil
17-Apr-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm starting to be more pro-active with the Facebook page, using it as an alternative method of feeding news etc.

Not being particularly familiar with it, I'd like to bind it more into the main site, at the very least with a link/mention to it from the main homepage.

Is anyone aware of anything you can do along these lines? At the very least I'd just offer a link to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902

...but is there anything more flash that can be done, like showing the latest article or two from Facebook? Or how many members/fans it currently has etc?

rongravy
17-Apr-2010, 03:42 PM
done, tho i dunno why, this place needs a shot of trioxin...

Chic Freak
19-Apr-2010, 06:25 PM
I would show my support by joining, but then my everyone on my FB list will know I post here, and then they might start reading my posts on here, and then I'll have to start watching what I say. Oh noez!

Neil
19-Apr-2010, 09:05 PM
I would show my support by joining, but then my everyone on my FB list will know I post here, and then they might start reading my posts on here, and then I'll have to start watching what I say. Oh noez!

They (friends) can't see what groups you belong to can they?

Leeloo
19-Apr-2010, 09:23 PM
They (friends) can't see what groups you belong to can they?

Yes, they can see what groups you belong to. It's not so bad though. They won't know your username here unless you tell them. If you guys want to add me as a friend on Facebook, just send me a message. I'm pretty nice. Most of the time. ;)

ProfessorChaos
19-Apr-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.quizfarm.com/images/1111285094stan.gif

(if anyone gets this, respect +1)

Neil
20-Apr-2010, 02:07 AM
Yes, they can see what groups you belong to. It's not so bad though. They won't know your username here unless you tell them. If you guys want to add me as a friend on Facebook, just send me a message. I'm pretty nice. Most of the time. ;)

Just come on over and join up :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902

Leeloo
20-Apr-2010, 04:09 AM
Just come on over and join up :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepageofthedead/91166436902
Oh, don't worry. I already did. About a month ago. :)

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.quizfarm.com/images/1111285094stan.gif

(if anyone gets this, respect +1)

I'll have my +1 respect, cos that made me lol. :D