PDA

View Full Version : Medieval 2: Total War

EvilNed
18-May-2006, 02:50 PM
Any other history fans out there, eagerly awaiting Medieval 2: Total War?

I'm still playing Rome: Total War, several years after it's release. It's such a great game. Best strategy/tactical game ever!

Anyway, here's the video for Medieval 2. Looks great!

http://www.totalwar.com/asset_library/Videos/Hi_Resolution/video_mtw2_gamepreview.mov

Tullaryx
18-May-2006, 03:03 PM
Been a fanatic when it comes to the Total War series, though I think they tried to be too creative with the army management in Rome: Total War too much. Medieval was the best in the series and hopefully with the new Rome engine being used for the sequel it will be even better. My hope is they keep most of the diplmacy and economic systems from the first one in place.

EvilNed
18-May-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't, the diplomatic system in Medieval was so plain! I hope they do something more advanced, like Rome. Then again, they've already confirmed that they will. :)

Tullaryx
18-May-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't, the diplomatic system in Medieval was so plain! I hope they do something more advanced, like Rome. Then again, they've already confirmed that they will. :)

Well the diplomatic part I had no problem with. It was how one gathered and amassed troops that bugged me in Rome.

EvilNed
18-May-2006, 05:07 PM
Wasn't it exactly like in Medieval? :confused:

LoSTBoY
18-May-2006, 06:39 PM
Yep, I'm looking forward to it. Just got back into Barbarian Invasion while I wait for Blood Money.

Shame though, I though they would go full circle and remake shogun first, but they have shut it out like a red-headed step-child. :confused:

EvilNed
18-May-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm glad they ignored Shogun. They could have done something along the lines of East Asia: Total War, but not just Japan by itself. If you compare the epic feeling of Rome and Medieval, the notion of conquering Japan with samurai (and fighting against *gasp* OTHER SAMURAI!) doesn't sound that appealing. I mean, how many different armies can you make? How many different factions? Not many.

But I definetly wouldn't mind a China: Total War, with Japan and Korea included. Then you could pit samurai against hwarang, mongols against chu-ko-nus etc. etc.

AcesandEights
19-May-2006, 03:28 AM
Hehe, I go to the TW boards (.org, .com & TWCenter) all the time too (though not to bitch like most of the ninnys on those boards).

I'm glad they ignored Shogun. They could have done something along the lines of East Asia: Total War, but not just Japan by itself. If you compare the epic feeling of Rome and Medieval, the notion of conquering Japan with samurai (and fighting against *gasp* OTHER SAMURAI!) doesn't sound that appealing. I mean, how many different armies can you make? How many different factions? Not many.

But I definetly wouldn't mind a China: Total War, with Japan and Korea included. Then you could pit samurai against hwarang, mongols against chu-ko-nus etc. etc.

I don't know, I liked Showgun quite a bit, though M:TW was there best outing to date in my opinion, Shogun had--to me--the most immersive feel to date. I know there's a great looking Shogun era Mod for R:TW that will hopefully make it out sometime before MTW2 called Ran No Jidai. That looks fantastic.

EvilNed
19-May-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, there's lots of great mods coming out for RTW now. Chivalry is supposed to be released today, as a matter of fact!

LoSTBoY
19-May-2006, 11:40 AM

I guess they could bring out Shogun as an expansion since it is pretty small compared to MTW. Still, I wish they would, it was their first and it deserves recognition! :moon:

Yeah, there's lots of great mods coming out for RTW now. Chivalry is supposed to be released today, as a matter of fact!

Got links to any out now? I will bestow you one shiny new rep point if you do. :)

EvilNed
20-May-2006, 05:05 PM
http://stratcommandcenter.com/chivalry/pages/downloads.html

There's a link.