PDA

View Full Version : New Competition - Tonight of the Living Dead CD

Neil
16-Jun-2009, 09:44 AM
Homepage of the Dead has a copy the 'Tonight Of The Living Dead CD' from 400 Lonely Things to give away.

“Fascinating CD. I found the album very memory invoking. Listening to Tonight of the Living Dead was like musically leaping back in time to relive all the nuances of my character Barbra’s struggle to survive all the horrific night terrors forced on her in Night of the Living Dead. Thank you so much for creating such a soul searching CD.”
Judith O’Dea - “Barbra” in George A. Romero’s NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

A remix project over a year in the making, Tonight of the Living Dead is a collage of treated audio and a 12-page booklet of treated imagery taken from the 1968 George Romero film Night of the Living Dead.

With their tendency for darkish music told mostly through samples, remixing Night of the Living Dead is a project ideally suited to 400 Lonely Things. While so many are indebted to this movie for introducing them to the world of horror cinema, Tonight of the Living Dead pays tribute to a lesser-known legacy of this film: the ground-breaking precedent of plunderphonics and remixing established in the composition of the original 1968 soundtrack.

BillyRay
16-Jun-2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds cool - what's the track listing, and what do we gotta do to get one?

Neil
16-Jun-2009, 07:36 PM
Sounds cool - what's the track listing, and what do we gotta do to get one?

Competition (as always) is on the front page - http://www.homepageofthedead.com

AcesandEights
16-Jun-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up and--since we're on the topic--the ever-appreciated contests!

BillyRay
16-Jun-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh right...there's a front page.

My bad.

ProfessorChaos
17-Jun-2009, 04:35 AM
pretty interesting prize. think i'll be checking in to this one even if i don't win.

Neil
17-Jun-2009, 08:13 AM
pretty interesting prize. think i'll be checking in to this one even if i don't win.

I've heard it, and it's rather effective and moody :) You can listen to the second track on the album on the website. It's linked to from the competition page (click on the CD image).