PDA

View Full Version : UNDER THE BED - Named one of the BEST OF DC 48 hour film fest

DjfunkmasterG
18-May-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes folks, the people at 48hfp have just announced the Best of the DC 48hfp films and our film UNDER THE BED is one of those films. It will screen once again at the AFI theaters in Silver Spring Maryland May 25th 2006.

Here is the list of the films that made the BEST OF DC 48hfp

"Den Forpagter Hus"

by: Travesty Films

genre: Foreign Film

"Dodge"

by: Cardiff Giant

genre: Action/Adventure

“Face to Face”
Cut and Paste

Foreign Film

"Fighting Words"

by: Oozing Sarcasm

genre: Mockumentary

"Fire Sale"

by: Meat 84

genre: Drama

"Owensville"

by: Shaolin Monkeys

genre: Family Film

"The Road to Mu"

by: NOiQ

genre: Comedy

"Shattered Imperfection"

by: Forty Eight Rs

genre: Spy Movie

"Under the Bed"

by: Ningen Manga Productions

genre: Horror

"Untitled"

by: WIT Films

genre: Film de Femme

"What Happened to Joshua"

by: Team Diamond

genre: Musical or Western

"YourSpace"

by: Resilient Young Asian Network

"bittersweetness"

by: Burning Toast Productions

genre: Drama

"Die-anetics"

by: Dobler's Pen Productions

genre: Detective/Cop

"A Festival of Dullness"

by: CinemaSolo.com

genre: Holiday Film

"ISO: In Search Of"

by: Digital Tronics

"A Love Story"

by: K.I.S.S. Productions

genre: Romance

"Moose Dream"

by: Worthy Foes

genre: Fantasy

"Neighbors: A Western...sort of"

by: Agile H Productions

genre: Musical or Western

"Rag Top"

by: Have Fun, Will Travel

genre: Spy Film

"Snakes in a Minivan"

by: Revolver Film

“TAG”

Everyday Astronaut

SciFi

"Touch of Glass”

by: Big Rock Films

genre: Det/Cop

"Venti Vice"

by: FAYM Productions

genre: Action/Adventure

DjfunkmasterG
26-May-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, we attended the showing last night of our film, and out of the 24 films that were picked as the best of the DC 48hfp films we won for Best Sound Design. I was happy we won an award, but never in a million years did I expect sound design. The reason why I didn't expect it was because during production with all the electrical cord extension, light set-ups etc etc it would cause a hum in the boom mics when recording sound. So all of the dialogue had to be recorded using the on camera mic. :D

So while I find the award to be a great thing, and our film scared people in the right places, plus it was given a boisterous applause, I find it hysterically funny.

However, I am honored to have worked with the team behind Under The Bed, and I am proud we were considered one of the best of the 24 films shown last night.

The winner of Best Picture was a film titled Owensville.

LouCipherr
26-May-2006, 02:40 PM
Good to hear, congrats! :D

LD-50
26-May-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah the sound design thing really threw us all for a loop, not that our audio dept. did such a bad job, but we were definitely not anticipating that award, and the soundtrack/foley wasn't added, or even begun until about noon on sunday (it was due at 7:30). We got screams from the audience, and a ten year old kid, who was an actor in another film, actually had to leave the theater during our film. I thought we might have won best horror, but there were too many teams and to many genres to give per genre awards. They did give a best use of genre award to an entry from W.I.T. films, last years overall winning team. The winning film this year was very well made, and definitely deserved it's awards for best film and best screenplay. It won at least 5 awards, but I don't remember all of them.

bassman
26-May-2006, 05:55 PM
That sounds good, man. Congratulations.

DjfunkmasterG
27-May-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks.. I will pass it on to the team. :D