PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming vampire flick 'Daybreakers'

Danny
26-Jun-2009, 05:21 PM
XyguybxwIiU

sam niel and willem defoe?, not what youd expect in a vampire horror flick but this looks interesting, reminds me of a novel i read when i was a kid called "piggies" or somethign like that, gonna have to check this one out, it looks like a decent flick and not just that goth leather fetish bollox weve seen in the cinema from the likes of blade and underworld.

capncnut
26-Jun-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I've had my eye on this one for a bit. I like the look of the movie overall and hope it doesn't steer close to the bubblegum dogshit you just mentioned.

But man, The Addiction rules!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jun-2009, 08:43 PM
From the guys who brought you UNDEAD

Danny
26-Jun-2009, 09:03 PM
From the guys who brought you UNDEAD

if your on about the aussie zom-com i really liked that flick.

clanglee
27-Jun-2009, 01:30 AM
[willem defoe?, not what youd expect in a vampire horror flick .

???????????

http://coosacreek.org/mambo/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dafoe-schreck-comp.jpg

AcesandEights
29-Jun-2009, 02:43 PM
Looks like it could be pretty well done. I do wonder why this is the first I'm hearing about it, but I'm hopeful.

clanglee
30-Jun-2009, 12:12 AM
It has some really good actors in it. Ethan Hawk, Sam Neil, and Mr. Defoe. It looks pretty nice. Might have to check this one out.

Skippy911sc
30-Jun-2009, 04:33 PM
Trailer looked cool...

We all know if the trailer is good then the movie will be...right...RIGHT!!!

:lol:

Neil
16-Oct-2009, 04:00 PM
+ve review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42738

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2009, 04:46 PM
Wow, I don't know how I've not heard of this yet. Looks pretty damn good to me. Definitely a great (and fresh) concept. Also digging some of the cinematography going on in the trailer.

I'll be sure to check this one out. Thanks, Hells!

EDIT: Now that I'm seeing it's from the people who made UNDEAD - I'm really excited!

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2009, 10:46 PM
wow. i just stumbled across a trailer of this online and must've also missed this thread.

but damn, that's the first vampire film to capture my interest in at least a decade or so. like the pizz, i gotta say that there's some pretty sweet images coming out of this trailer.

and the concept seems original, which is fucking out of left field for movies these days. think i'll check this one out. officially on my radar.

AcesandEights
03-Nov-2009, 02:51 PM
Yup, I'm trying not to get excited about it and just let it be till it sneaks up on me and (hopefully) bites me in the ass (in a good way).

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 08:18 PM
boy they sure are pimping this movie out pretty hard.

however, the more i hear/see about it, the less interested i get.

i think it's mainly 2 lines in the trailers.

the first is when the guy is at the podium talking about the limited blood supply...something about the way he talks ("we only have enough blood to last us till the end of the month), specifically the way he says the word "month" just gets on my fucking nerves.

and that bit where some kid is saying some shit like "i was never good at being human." has got the be one of the worst lines i've ever heard in a movie trailer...

anyways, i think i'm just tired of all the commercials for this....anyone plan on checking it out?

MoonSylver
07-Jan-2010, 08:21 PM
boy they sure are pimping this movie out pretty hard.

however, the more i hear/see about it, the less interested i get.

Yeah, this & "Legion" both they're in the saddle & riding hard on, & both are getting less interesting w/ each promo I see. I feel like I'm REALLY getting old & cynical when I see the promos for these & just go "meh".:|

Danny
07-Jan-2010, 08:33 PM
just watched this and it was very entertaining. It's a solid sci-fi story thats got none of that leather feitsh gunslinger wall run bullshit. The opening credits show an empty city in daylight, with tubes between buildings for a 'subwalk' and the only sign of life is flocks of bats. its got quite a good atmosphere and builds the idea of a world where everyone has become a vampire well, one little tidbit was a news report on a tv mid way the protagonist walks past talking about vampiric animals walking into the sun and combusting being the current cause for wildfires. a lot of its stupid and not well explained, and they didnt seem to know how to end it, plus it felt theyd cut some scenes involving a subplot about the protagonist and his brother, but on the whole this was a lot of fun to watch, and the friends i dragged along who expected "faggy underworld bullshit" eft the cinema as equally entertained. its not that often nowadays that i feel like i paid for a movie ticket and the price was worth the entertainment value but this is a fun flick.Probably not for everyone but a nice little flick reminiscent of the mid to late 90's sci-fi you only see nowadays as some abstract niche bollocks.

rongravy
07-Jan-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm seeing this tomorrow in the daytime somewhere, baked out of my gourd.
I thought it looked good. I know it's not going to be 30 Days of Night good, but a wayy better story than what we'd get from shitty Twilight or Underworld.
Hope it's not corny.

Danny
07-Jan-2010, 08:45 PM
I thought it looked good. I know it's not going to be 30 Days of Night good, but a wayy better story than what we'd get from shitty Twilight or Underworld.
Hope it's not corny.

actually there are some underworld similarities but some good performances from a few actors like sam neil make it much easier to swallow than the cast of underworld trying to talk science did.

AcesandEights
08-Jan-2010, 06:25 PM

I do hope you come back and give us a review! I have mixed feelings about this film. Some of the previews look very good while some of the bits in other previews...well...leave me with a little bit of trepidation :|

Eyebiter
08-Jan-2010, 08:54 PM
Good film 4/5 Violence and gore abounds. Actors were cast well. Sam Neill plays a great villian. Slick set design and costumes. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it was well done.

rongravy
12-Jan-2010, 02:22 AM
Very nice. A little ways in I started to think maybe this was going to suck, but boy was I wrong.
Very pleasantly surprised, and yeah, the gore was nice. There was quite a but of it in the end. There might not be any zombies, but the vampires sure were chomping on people left and right. They even dismember a guy, all very good stuff.
I liked it, and don't want to spoil it. This ain't no Twilight. These guys did anything but sparkle...

Hopegiver
23-Jan-2010, 08:08 PM
Good film 4/5 Violence and gore abounds. Actors were cast well. Sam Neill plays a great villian. Slick set design and costumes. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it was well done.

I agree with that 4/5 rating!

If you want to see a movie with blood shed you will be entertained, no doubt!
Yeah it was great to see Sam Neill in such a great role. He is not the nice trustworthy Dr. Alan Grant here. Willem Defoe was great as expected. What I liked best is that they kept alot of classic vampire lore in the plot.

It was also great to see "The Crazies" preview on the big screen!!