PDA

View Full Version : Zombie choose-your-own-adventure

Banjo
27-Jun-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi!

I'm not online much, and have spent the last few hours searching for a "busy" zombie site... I've been a huge zombie movie/fiction/game fan for a long time, but have no idea where fellow fans "hang out" online.

Of course, Romero's movies started my fandom, so I suddenly remembered this site and paid a visit!

In short, I'm writing a zombie-themed "choose your own adventure" book, but I need playtesters/readers to make sure there are no dead ends, irritations, or logic problems... and that it is FUN to play/read!

I don't want to ramble on here if nobody is interested, but if a few people are willing to give the beta WIP version a test run or two, please let me know and I'll upload the current version and give more info on it.

Cheers,
Banjo

Yojimbo
27-Jun-2009, 09:36 PM
Banjo, welcome to the boards. Sounds interesting- I would be willing to give it a spin. Recommend you sent a private message (click on my avatar to access my profile and send me a private message from there)

Again, welcome aboard.

(BTW: Since this is a text based game, shouldn't this thread be in the Games board rather than Fiction?)

Banjo
28-Jun-2009, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I last visited here many years ago, and have fond memories of the great fiction I read here. Romero's Dead trilogy is what instantly hooked me on zombies in my early college years, and finding this site is a nice trip down memory lane... it's also great to know I'm not the only one who considers these films masterpieces! :D

Yojimbo, I've sent you a message and link to the game... anyone else interested, please let me know!

Oh, and feel free to move this post to "Games" if you think that's a better place... this is my first time here, so I wasn't sure which was more appropriate.

blind2d
29-Jun-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm up for it! PM me, por favor. That's how the Spanish say please.

Bub666
29-Jun-2009, 03:26 AM
A Zombie choose-your-own-adventure would be awesome.You can PM me about it.:D

Banjo
02-Jul-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks to those who've given this a test so far... your help is REALLY appreciated!

EDIT 06/07/09:

Updated so it looks less like crap!

No new content, but lots of bug-fixes and a complete overhaul of the 'look'.

http://rapidshare.com/files/252232016/RiseDead_Beta5.zip

Run "main.htm" for a framed version with an adventure sheet to keep track of items, notes and to roll dice.

If you can't run or don't like frames, just start at "0.htm" and use a pen and paper! :)