PDA

View Full Version : Posting links to HPOTD from my blog

BillyRay
01-Jul-2009, 05:12 PM
I was just reading the interview (7/1) with George Romero, and would like to feature a link to it in my blog: angryyoungmenltd.com

I'd also like to post the pic of the Romero zombie puppet (as my site is dedicated to my NOTLD puppet show).

I have a link to the main page of the HPOTD site as "something you should check out", but I'd like to showcase this wonderful interview for the 2-3 people following my own blog.

I checked the FAQ, but didn't see any subject applying to this particular question. And I'd hate to make a breach of nettiquette.

I suppose I'm simply looking for permission. May I?

Neil
02-Jul-2009, 10:30 AM
I was just reading the interview (7/1) with George Romero, and would like to feature a link to it in my blog: angryyoungmenltd.com

I'd also like to post the pic of the Romero zombie puppet (as my site is dedicated to my NOTLD puppet show).

I have a link to the main page of the HPOTD site as "something you should check out", but I'd like to showcase this wonderful interview for the 2-3 people following my own blog.

I checked the FAQ, but didn't see any subject applying to this particular question. And I'd hate to make a breach of nettiquette.

I suppose I'm simply looking for permission. May I?

You can post a link to the main site, Bits and Pieces section or directly to the article if you wish:-
http://www.homepageofthedead.com
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/romero_interview.html

If you wish to post the image of that awesome Romero muppet, ideally please host the image yourself (if you can, ie: don't simply link it/display it from HPotD) and obviously please mention where the image came from...

BillyRay
02-Jul-2009, 01:30 PM
:D Thanks for the permission!

capncnut
02-Jul-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, mention of the origin site (plus link) is the norm. ;)

BillyRay
02-Jul-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, I have a link to the site on my blog already - it's that great a resource.

But yeah, I mentioned the site in the article. I know folks link to all sorts of things in these crazy intertubes, permission or not, but I hold myself to a higher standard. So There.:p

Thanks again for the green light.

AcesandEights
21-Jul-2009, 07:25 PM
Ah, now I can post this as an article on facebook, then, right? I'll test it and make sure it has the relevant note about provenience (i.e. hpotd name).

EDIT: Looks awesome using the 'share' option on my main facebook page, even puts the picture of the puppet up as the default thumb nail option :)

Neil
21-Jul-2009, 09:34 PM
Sorry to go on about this... I'm still utterly stunned Aint It Cool News wasn't interested in this great interview! - I emailed them twice, to a couple of their different addresses...

In my email to them I even included an image of the Romero muppet. Seriously! How cool is it!?

capncnut
21-Jul-2009, 10:05 PM
They don't give a Friar Tuck, Neil. You got the scoop and they didn't.

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2009, 09:51 AM
They don't give a Friar Tuck, Neil. You got the scoop and they didn't.
Yeah, screw them and their site I never go to. :elol: