PDA

View Full Version : Dawn NIKE's on eBay???!!!

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2009, 07:46 AM
I never even knew Nike made a version of Dunk's that were inspired by Dawn, but here they are! My size, too... if only I had $125...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-SB-Air-Trainer-1-Dawn-of-the-Dead-dunk-low-sz-10-5_W0QQitemZ270430980828QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s _Shoes?hash=item3ef6f14adc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_5363wt_949

bassman
27-Jul-2009, 11:55 AM
How are these related to Dawn? The colors of the poster, im guessing?

I would buy them if they had the logo, but like this they're just oddly colored shoes.:p

Mr.G
27-Jul-2009, 03:26 PM

I would buy them if they had the logo, but like this they're just oddly colored shoes.:p

My thoughts exactly. At least attempt to get the title or some type of logo....maybe even a GAR signature?

Danny
27-Jul-2009, 04:03 PM
blech.

1:there orange.
2:there ugly
3:would not buy theme shoes.
4:there nike's
5:I've been a chuck taylor customer for 8 years and that aint gonna change for ORANGE NIKES.

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2009, 04:54 PM
5:I've been a chuck taylor customer for 8 years and that aint gonna change for ORANGE NIKES.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Nike owns/makes Converse - have for like 6 years now.

Mr.G
28-Jul-2009, 01:59 PM
Nooooooo!

Danny
28-Jul-2009, 02:22 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but Nike owns/makes Converse - have for like 6 years now.

it aint a principle thing, between nike trainers and converse sneakers ones a comfortable shoe ive been wearing for almost a decade, the other feels like wrapping your feet in bubble wrap. not for me.

MikePizzoff
28-Jul-2009, 05:10 PM
it aint a principle thing, between nike trainers and converse sneakers ones a comfortable shoe ive been wearing for almost a decade, the other feels like wrapping your feet in bubble wrap. not for me.

Oh okay, gotcha. I actually recently bought a pair of Nike's Skateboarding Shoes and they're very comfortable. I really don't know why I bought them, considering it's extremely against my morals/beliefs, but it's too late to turn back now.

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2009, 10:36 PM

I searched and found a reference to this shoe which apparently has an image of a decaying zombie on the insole, and comes with a t-shirt with a zombie on it which looks nothing like anything from either DOTD 78 or 04, though the description references George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead.

Bassman also was correct that the color scheme was taken from the poster.

Apparently they are also releasing (or have released) horror film themed shoes, like Nightmare on Elm St. and Halloween.

http://www.premiumlacesny.com/niairtr1sbdo.html

I declare the shoes to be a pile of pig shit.

bassman
30-Jul-2009, 12:33 AM
The only movie shoes I would actually pay for an wear would be those Nike's from Back To The Future 2.:D

AcesandEights
30-Jul-2009, 03:30 PM
Those kicks are ghastly, man.

Not to say some Dawn themed sneakers couldn't rock, but those are not a good example of the way to go.

EvilNed
01-Aug-2009, 02:14 PM
While it's a cool idea, I kinda agree with Aces. I'd never, ever have figured that those were Dawn sneakers unless someone told me. And even then I'd have a hard time seeing it.

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2009, 12:24 AM
According to this census, I have a terrible taste in shoes. :lol: I'd wear the SHIT outta them!

dogma789
22-Aug-2009, 07:07 AM
Post deleted.