PDA

View Full Version : FS: Karl Hardman's Estate Sale Items

C5NOTLD
04-Aug-2009, 12:19 AM
three different auctions on ebay of items from Karl Hardman's Estate sale.

http://shop.ebay.com/JEFFILM999/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

bassman
04-Aug-2009, 01:57 AM
Something about this feels wrong to me....

C5NOTLD
04-Aug-2009, 02:58 AM
And whats that?

bassman
04-Aug-2009, 03:02 AM
He hasn't been gone that long......this is obviously meant to make a profit....

C5NOTLD
04-Aug-2009, 03:06 AM
He sadly died in Sept of 2007. The estate sale was held by his family in April of 2008 (http://www.pbrtv.com/blog/entry_522.php).

I purchased these at the estate sale, among other items, in 2008 and decided to let a few items go out of my collection - actually being offered below what I paid.

capncnut
04-Aug-2009, 06:37 AM
It's a choker Bass but time moves on, you know...

DubiousComforts
04-Aug-2009, 12:53 PM
He hasn't been gone that long......this is obviously meant to make a profit....
There were three estate auctions held just eight months after Hardman passed away, and dozens if not hundreds of items were immediately flipped via Ebay. Everyone--including Marilyn Eastman, the auction house and the resellers--made a profit.

What is really sad are all the items that were lost, misidentified and/or sold as junk for a few bucks.

AcesandEights
04-Aug-2009, 02:01 PM
Well, this is sad, but I did see a damned cool Big Trouble in Little China crew photo through that link.

cinezombi
10-Sep-2009, 02:31 AM
I got a r for really cool scroll of the insurance advert from Marilyn at TFW and the 40th event. It was signed by her and Karl already, with a handmade hanger and some additional art, drawing and red coloring on it from Marilyn. I got George, John, Judy, and everyone else there from NOTLD to sign it as well. It is very nice to have and I will take it to the grave with me.

I also bought one of those checks off of Russo I know he sells many of them but this was one that cleared the bank of Pittsburgh and was made out and signed on the back by Karl. So I had to have it.

I just hope this stuff ends up in the hands of those who really care.