PDA

View Full Version : zombie coursework

Danny
20-May-2006, 02:02 AM
hey people, cant visit the forum much lately due to exam revision time (theres only so many times you can watch the wicker man and a hard days night though) BUT i got my coureswork back though ,a storybaord from a scene ni a zombie film and i got a B+.

andhoo since i cant scan that in i did find the synopsis part i submitted though in rough and i thought youd get a kick out of it.

ZOMBIES.

“now I love a good zombie flick and, in some cases, even a bad one. But one thing I hate is the things that have become clichés as there always used by wannabe Romero types. For example, they always start with a virus or toxin , then a group of misfits meeting together and being stuck in a house, basically plagiarising George A Romero’s night of the living dead. Though technically since he never copyrighted the story its legal.
Also there is the idea that ‘if you get bit in 20 mins movie time you will be dead’ now I’ve always thought about why more zombies appeared since they ate there victims, and this does explain it somewhat but its just been used too much for my liking.
Then there’s the second issue, you can always tell if it’s a **** film that’s gonna have a **** sequel. that’s if it spends the first third of the film with a whole gore laden ‘oh my god how is this possible?’ style half hour of confusion, in night if you died, you got up and ate the flesh of the living, it was that simple though they were ghouls not hissing virus laden I am legend throwbacks like zombies of modern cinema, so don’t get me started on resident evil or yawn ‘04.
What follows is my ideas for my own personal perfect zombie flick, so here goes.”

1: CALLED HOME: A story beginning in the final stages of a zombie epidemic. The film opens with a man killing a group of zombies with two swords. Because there quieter than firearms.
This man was on a business trip to London and has given himself a mission to make it home to Scotland ZOMBIES.

“now I love a good zombie flick and, in some cases, even a bad one. But one thing I hate is the things that have become clichés as there always used by wannabe Romero types. For example, they always start with a virus or toxin , then a group of misfits meeting together and being stuck in a house, basically plagiarising George A Romero’s night of the living dead. Though technically since he never copyrighted the story its legal.
Also there is the idea that ‘if you get bit in 20 mins movie time you will be dead’ now I’ve always thought about why more zombies appeared since they ate there victims, and this does explain it somewhat but its just been used too much for my liking.
Then there’s the second issue, you can always tell if it’s a **** film that’s gonna have a **** sequel. that’s if it spends the first third of the film with a whole gore laden ‘oh my god how is this possible?’ style half hour of confusion, in night if you died, you got up and ate the flesh of the living, it was that simple though they were ghouls not hissing virus laden I am legend throwbacks like zombies of modern cinema, so don’t get me started on resident evil or yawn ‘04.
What follows is my ideas for my own personal perfect zombie flick, so here goes.”

1: CALLED HOME: A story beginning in the final stages of a zombie epidemic. The film opens with a man killing a group of zombies with two swords. Because there quieter than firearms.
This man was on a business trip to London and has given himself a mission to make it home to Scotland to see his family he has to put his fears to rest and, god forbid, his family as well.
He very rarely encounters any life, a dog and a group of raiders but nothing else but zombies as he walks through towns that are post apocalyptic, though not for a long while there’s meals in cafes still there, shopping dropped from trolleys on the way across the car parks.
Yet it isn’t a tale of just one man walking across the country to find personal peace, the story is interjected with flashbacks ranging from the day the dead began to rise to three weeks in when he finally had to leave the hotel he was staying holed up in and learnt that ‘’knifes attract far less unwanted attention than guns’’.
He makes it home to find his wife and son are in fact just dead, both of them, so after this long travel he gets into the bed with them, takes some pills and des peacefully with them…
But then we see him walking around outside with the rest of the crowd at the end…, he isn’t a fool he knows there dead, but he has to put his fears to rest and, god forbid, his family as well.
He very rarely encounters any life, a dog and a group of raiders but nothing else but zombies as he walks through towns that are post apocalyptic, though not for a long while there’s meals in cafes still there, shopping dropped from trolleys on the way across the car parks.
Yet it isn’t a tale of just one man walking across the country to find personal peace, the story is interjected with flashbacks ranging from the day the dead began to rise to three weeks in when he finally had to leave the hotel he was staying holed up in and learnt that ‘’knifes attract far less unwanted attention than guns’’.
He makes it home to find his wife and son are in fact just dead, both of them, so after this long travel he gets into the bed with them, takes some pills and des peacefully with them…
But then we see him walking around outside with the rest of the crowd at the end…

that was the very roug version but damn im chuffed i got a B.:D