PDA

View Full Version : Monroeville Aerial Photograph

MapMan
21-May-2006, 03:42 AM
Here is a link to the aerial image. Try Mall Blvd, Mall Circle or Glencrest Dr to get closer to the Mall. Follow the instructions and you should be able to download the entire mall for free. If anyone has any problems post them and I will try to help. You will need to zoom out to see the entire mall.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com

DeadJonas190
21-May-2006, 06:40 AM
You can also see the airport from Dawn if you go just a little north and east on that map, it is easier to find if your zoomed out a little. The hangars are still there too, so that makes it a little easier to find.

Cool stuff.

Publius
21-May-2006, 06:51 AM
Here is a link to the aerial image. Try Mall Blvd, Mall Circle or Glencrest Dr to get closer to the Mall. Follow the instructions and you should be able to download the entire mall for free. If anyone has any problems post them and I will try to help. You will need to zoom out to see the entire mall.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com

Um, that aerial image must be from REALLY high up, man. Cuz you can see the whole world when you click on the link. :p

MapMan
21-May-2006, 10:43 AM
Willow Creek Drive will get you North East of the Airport.

Apocryphism
21-May-2006, 06:39 PM
You can pick out the mall, the airfield, and plenty of other Dawn of the Dead and other Romero locations if you know what you're looking for. Also, there are plenty of resources to use besides Terraserver. Google maps, Globexplorer, and others are equal or better. In addition, Google Earth is among the most full featured and entertaining when it comes to casually cruising around.

DeadJonas190
24-May-2006, 04:54 AM
You can pick out the mall, the airfield, and plenty of other Dawn of the Dead and other Romero locations if you know what you're looking for. Also, there are plenty of resources to use besides Terraserver. Google maps, Globexplorer, and others are equal or better. In addition, Google Earth is among the most full featured and entertaining when it comes to casually cruising around.

I love Google Earth, it shows my car at my job. I haven't seen an updated pic in a couple years, so I hope they have one soon.

Guru ofthe Dead
24-May-2006, 05:08 AM
Hey that's cool stuff. Don't be mad though in two weeks I'll be walking around like that in the mall in person. I've got my plane tickets and hotel reservations set. I'm checking out the mall, the airport, the cemetary from NOTLD. If I have all of the right stuff I'll see if the higher ups on the site will let me post some pictures.:)

MapMan
24-May-2006, 11:26 AM
I just got my map from their chamber of commerce. I am planning a trip a little
later this summer.

Adrenochrome
24-May-2006, 11:50 AM
GoogleEarth has a nice shot of it too.....

http://static.flickr.com/46/152442478_209d3ed6b1.jpg

MaximusIncredulous
24-May-2006, 01:04 PM
Anyone have the Google Earth lat/lon coordinates for the mall and airport?

Adrenochrome
24-May-2006, 01:09 PM
Anyone have the Google Earth lat/lon coordinates for the mall and airport?
All I did was look up the address for the Mall on Google and typed it into the Google Earth search window and, BLAM there is was. :D

MaximusIncredulous
24-May-2006, 01:15 PM
All I did was look up the address for the Mall on Google and typed it into the Google Earth search window and, BLAM there is was. :D

Apparently it's easier than that, just type monroeville mall and it takes you right there.

Adrenochrome
27-May-2006, 12:36 AM
Apparently it's easier than that, just type monroeville mall and it takes you right there.
I found the spot of land where they filmed Knight Riders once(Google Earth areal view). I've long forgotton the address tho

kar98k
27-May-2006, 01:58 AM
so thats the airport from dawn huh? thats the little one they stopped to refuel at right?