PDA

View Full Version : Hiding spoilers? am i a jackass?

Trancelikestate
22-Aug-2009, 09:40 AM
how do u crazy people do it? i thought i was internet savy and its prob been right in front of my face the whole time but how do u get your convenient little spoiler hider tabs? you know, the click to view ones.

MinionZombie
22-Aug-2009, 10:21 AM
how do u crazy people do it? i thought i was internet savy and its prob been right in front of my face the whole time but how do u get your convenient little spoiler hider tabs? you know, the click to view ones.
What you do, good sir, is type the following:

One of these [ then SPOILER then ] - then you write your text, e.g. the chick is really a dude, I mean wtf?! - then [ then /SPOILER (note the / on this second tag, and then finally ]

Snorted, so it looks like this:

the chick is really a dude, I mean wtf?!

:)

Trancelikestate
22-Aug-2009, 10:24 AM
What you do, good sir, is type the following:

One of these [ then SPOILER then ] - then you write your text, e.g. the chick is really a dude, I mean wtf?! - then [ then /SPOILER (note the / on this second tag, and then finally ]

Snorted, so it looks like this:

the chick is really a dude, I mean wtf?!

:)

yay! i knew it was that simple yet i saw no quick insert on the post menu. am i missing it?

thanks bra!

MinionZombie
22-Aug-2009, 05:29 PM
yay! i knew it was that simple yet i saw no quick insert on the post menu. am i missing it?

thanks bra!
No probs.

I do believe there's something in the FAQ somewhere about all these various "tag" options, such as the "spoiler tags" ... or maybe I'm mistaken ... can't remember, but I do feel like I saw something in the HPOTD FAQ a while back ... like a list of them all or something. Hmmm ... *come on brain* :p

Trancelikestate
22-Aug-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah there may be, i was simply looking at these quick buttons at the top when your composing a post. ;) I.E. youtube, ebay, ect.

Andy
22-Aug-2009, 09:56 PM
yeah there may be, i was simply looking at these quick buttons at the top when your composing a post. ;) I.E. youtube, ebay, ect.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Trancelikestate
22-Aug-2009, 10:00 PM
thnx andy. you learn somethin new everyday. or in this case, me.