PDA

View Full Version : dawn 04/dawn 78 differences

ipotts85
22-May-2006, 02:01 PM
just realized another difference (probably been mentioned but...):
the zombies don't eat animals. intentional? or more likely the film makers hadn't seen the original, and just didn't know any better...

EvilNed
22-May-2006, 02:12 PM
Did they eay animals in the original? I forgot about that.

axlish
22-May-2006, 02:30 PM
In Night 68 a zombie ate a bug. In the Night remake a zombie bites the head off of a rodent.

bassman
22-May-2006, 02:39 PM
just realized another difference (probably been mentioned but...):
the zombies don't eat animals. intentional? or more likely the film makers hadn't seen the original, and just didn't know any better...

Well, seeing as how they totally screwed up Romero's idea of ALL dead people returning to life no matter how they died(except head wounds), I would say that the film makers hadn't seen the original and don't know any better.

Adrenochrome
22-May-2006, 02:42 PM
If I ever become a zombie, the first thing I'm going to do is eat Hack Snyd-HER.
When Hack Snyder made this flick (Yawn'04) he didn't think, he played. I'll bet he'd only spend ten minutes in the directors seat and allowed a rental, mentally retarded orangutan to direct the rest.

EvilNed
22-May-2006, 03:03 PM
I actually think the direction of Dawn 04 was the good part. It was the script that was pure crap.

Adrenochrome
22-May-2006, 03:06 PM
I actually think the direction of Dawn 04 was the good part. It was the script that was pure crap.
Well,.......I can think of ONE scene where I was thoroughly impressed......
Sarah Polley's foot stepping out of the tub.
I did (kinda) like the transformation of Max Headroom, but......eh.....

EvilNed
22-May-2006, 03:15 PM
Let's see how Zack Snyder pulls off 300. Surely, It'll be pure crap.

creepntom
22-May-2006, 11:02 PM
i watched the remake again last night for the umpteenth time. there's too many holes in the story, things that should have been put in the movie

like......

how michael, andre, & luda made it to where they ran into ana & kenneth?

how did the 3 zombies(the other security guard, & the two people in the sporting goods place) in the mall at become zombies?

why wait until almost the end to try to get andy over there?

maybe someone needs to remake the remake the right way

ipotts85
23-May-2006, 01:59 AM
also, in the original script, the zombies eat fran's puppy...

(although this thread has been hijacked since then, i thought i'd through it out there)

tju1973
23-May-2006, 02:31 AM

Cat..Cat..Catch the wave!! Ahh haa ha haaa...

bassman
23-May-2006, 12:39 PM

HAHA...Max Headroom! I completely forgot about that. Wow, now I can laugh at the remake that much more.:lol:

Andy
23-May-2006, 12:56 PM
in romero's original dawn script.. didn't the protaganists have a pack of dogs in the mall to alert them to zombies, and in the end, when the zombies got in, they tore up the dogs.

ipotts85
23-May-2006, 06:30 PM
one puppy named adam.

MikePizzoff
24-May-2006, 12:16 AM
My differences:

Dawn 78 - best movie of all time

Dawn 04 - not the best movie of all time

LoneCrusader
24-May-2006, 01:29 AM
i think some differences are that in dawn 78, they have bluish glow, which is ridiculas, they can just take a bite clean out of somebody, which is illogical, and there is hardly any signs of decomposition in 78. i think by far, dawn 04 is more realistic, but i wondering which is the better movie.

Guru ofthe Dead
24-May-2006, 05:56 AM
My director's cut of what has been call "yawn 04" they did have a pack of zombie dogs to attack the living dog, but they couldn't CG it properly and scrapped the idea. Once again CG freaks it up again.:D

bassman
24-May-2006, 12:33 PM
i think some differences are that in dawn 78, they have bluish glow, which is ridiculas.

:rockbrow: You don't say?... Sure, the blue glow is "ridiculas" to some, but then again it adds to the comic book feeling of the film(just like the blood that is almost pink) - plus, it wasn't meant to be blue, anyway.

they can just take a bite clean out of somebody, which is illogical
......and this is different from the remake, how?

, and there is hardly any signs of decomposition in 78.
I don't think there was meant to be too many signs of decomposition because the dead hadn't been walking too long.

i think by far, dawn 04 is more realistic, but i wondering which is the better movie.
Are you serious? There isn't much competition between the two. The original is best, hands down. Although, there are some youngsters that like the speed-driven dead of "Dawn04"....so if you're younger, that could be the case.

ipotts85
24-May-2006, 03:49 PM
i think some differences are that in dawn 78, they have bluish glow, which is ridiculas, they can just take a bite clean out of somebody, which is illogical, and there is hardly any signs of decomposition in 78. i think by far, dawn 04 is more realistic, but i wondering which is the better movie.

you are on the wrong forum dude.

slickwilly13
24-May-2006, 04:40 PM
I have some complaints about the remake. First, the fact that human zombies won't attack animals is total b.s.. As aggressive as they were in the remake, what made animals so special? Second, is the lack of cannibalism in the movie. I was expecting to see people being ripped apart and eaten. :mad: Third, why in the hell couldn't they show the uncut version in the theater? After watching both versions, there is no reason why couldn't shown it unrated. There wasn't much of a diffrence in terms of graphic violence with the exeption of the janitor zombie and some head shots. I was expecting to see more gore in the unrated version and was left totally unsatisfied. :mad: Other than that the film wasn't too bad.

ipotts85
24-May-2006, 09:32 PM
the remake lacks the visceral punch in the gut the original provides...

LoneCrusader
24-May-2006, 09:45 PM
"......and this is different from the remake, how?"

they never took people's limbs off in the remake. they took a bite and maybe a chunk of a bite, but never ripping their arms off.