PDA

View Full Version : DEADLANDS 2 on HD-DVD ... I kid you not

DjfunkmasterG
28-Aug-2009, 11:35 PM
We are working out a deal right now to produce a limited amount of copies of the film with content not available on the DVD release for a limited Edition run of Deadlands 2 on HD-DVD.

More details to come soon.

Yes, not only am i resurrecting the dead... but a dead HD format as well. This is because over 1,000,000 players exist in the US alone, and out of that 1,000,000 at least 5-10% of HD-DVD owners are hard core collectors, and we have done polls and made inquiries and people would buy an HD-DVD version.

krakenslayer
28-Aug-2009, 11:51 PM
You should release Deadlands 3 ONLY on HD-DVD, Betamax, Laserdisc, VideoCD, CVD, UMD and John Logie Baird's Phonovision!!! :D

It would be like - this movie is so "dead" that no living format can hold it. You'd be like a performance artist! :D

bassman
29-Aug-2009, 01:00 AM
That's cool. But what about the HD format that's...ya know...around?:p

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2009, 01:03 AM
Still up in the air because of Sony's greedy and exorbant $7.00 per disc license fee.

HD-DVD has no fee. :D

A zombie film bringing back a dead format... Just puts a smile on my face. :D

axlish
29-Aug-2009, 05:02 AM
Yes!!!

Andy
29-Aug-2009, 11:53 PM
I holding out for the betamax version :D

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2009, 10:35 AM
What about my old friend VHS? :)

Cool news though, it's a perfect fit for you too as I know how much you love(d) HD-DVD.

And really, seven bucks a disc fee? Christ almighty! No wonder Blu-Ghey is so expensive.

DVD, baby! :D

Danny
30-Aug-2009, 11:36 AM
huh.

kind of novel i guess, but i dont know anyone whos ever owned a hd dvd player, what kind of stores you expect to stock it?, even gamestation doesn't stock preowned ones anymore. Not trying to shoot you down but id hate to see you lose a lot of money on this, since how many people actively search for a hd dvd version of something on google first, or just the movie to see what its on?
Like i said, kind of neat, but could be a bad idea, theres probably still about a billion vhs players in the world, but that doesn't mean releasing it on a vhs would b a good idea.

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2009, 05:11 PM
Hellsing - like he was saying, it'd be a limited run, like 250 or something, and they've tested the potential market to see if it's worthwhile, and seemingly it is worthwhile for those that want it, so it's an interesting idea, I'd say.

Danny
30-Aug-2009, 05:16 PM
aye i guess in a small run it'll be interesting to test the waters, i just wouldnt expect too much y'know?

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2009, 05:21 PM
aye i guess in a small run it'll be interesting to test the waters, i just wouldnt expect too much y'know?
Hence 250. :)

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2009, 06:34 PM
They are pretty much already spoken for... I have had over 300 requests in 36 hours, so the next move is to get the package ready.

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2009, 10:16 AM
They are pretty much already spoken for... I have had over 300 requests in 36 hours, so the next move is to get the package ready.
So much for hellsing's pessimism...:p

Just bustin' ya balls hellsing...just bustin' ... :elol:

Danny
31-Aug-2009, 11:26 AM
Just bustin' ya balls hellsing...just bustin' ... :elol:

GAY!:lol:

capncnut
31-Aug-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd be up for that, I got an old Beta player that still runs like a charm.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Aug-2009, 02:28 PM
I could actually make BETAMX versions as I have a BETA deck at home, and not a consumer version, an actually BETA system used by TV stations. :D

krakenslayer
31-Aug-2009, 02:49 PM
I could actually make BETAMX versions as I have a BETA deck at home, and not a consumer version, an actually BETA system used by TV stations. :D

You could take one of the early edits of Deadlands 2, record it onto Betamax and sell it as an uber-rare numbered collectable "official bootleg". :P

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2009, 03:00 PM
You could take one of the early edits of Deadlands 2, record it onto Betamax and sell it as an uber-rare numbered collectable "official bootleg". :P
hehe, that'd be cool alright. :)

Kraken - cool blogs. I've linked to them on my blog's link list. :cool:

krakenslayer
31-Aug-2009, 03:42 PM
Kraken - cool blogs. I've linked to them on my blog's link list. :cool:

Ohh, thanks man! I've just started them, and tbh I've not been paying them much attention so far (although I intend to). Been very busy with work and study and whatnot. I'll return the favour when I get around to adding a blog list! :D

Might do a review of Deadlands 1 for the film blog, actually. Might be my first positive review... :D

DjfunkmasterG
07-Sep-2009, 02:11 PM
Ohh, thanks man! I've just started them, and tbh I've not been paying them much attention so far (although I intend to). Been very busy with work and study and whatnot. I'll return the favour when I get around to adding a blog list! :D

Might do a review of Deadlands 1 for the film blog, actually. Might be my first positive review... :D

LOL... don't be positive just cause we hang out on the same forum. :D

krakenslayer
07-Sep-2009, 02:17 PM
LOL... don't be positive just cause we hang out on the same forum. :D

Christ, Weasels Rip My Flesh and Attack of the Beast Creatures got borderline decent reviews. I'd be surprised if Deadlands doesn't outdo them! :D