PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill, the movie!

Andy
03-Mar-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.shawus.com/ostrom/photos/blinxer/silent%20hill.jpg

See a Trailer Here (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/site/?dl=trailer)!

call me skeptical, but hollywood dosn't exactly have a good track record of videogame to movie conversions, and silent hill is a game series i hold close to my heart.

they already allowed paul anderson to mess up resident evil, i havn't forgiven them for that.

but all said, from the tralier this looks pretty good. i hope it works out, i truely do.

MikePizzoff
03-Mar-2006, 07:45 PM
Looks like it could go either way. I don't like the fact that they're having so many characters in it. Takes away the feel of isolation that you get in the game. I mean, what's up with the group of like 50+ people running with the main character? Bogus!

AcesandEights
04-Mar-2006, 04:51 PM
Meh. I always am skeptical of Hollywood interpretations and am usually rewarded by an enjoyable experience about one-third of the time. Then again, I was thoroughly prepared to hate the first RE and loved it. With Silent Hill I liked the feel of the game up till they started to replace the fear and isolation with a jaunt through trippy landscapes of an otherworldly nature. I hope the film will somehow maintain the early, more basic, feel of the original game while sprinkling in the feeling of a character and town caught up in the inexplicable.

PS--thank christ it's R rated. Yeah, you'd think it would have to be, but you never know when profit margins get involved...

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2006, 04:25 AM
Hah! I just realized the town in Silent Hill is based on (and called) Centralia! Centralia is a town, out in PA, that has had an underground coal fire burning since the 60's. I've been there and it's pretty cool.

JasonEdw
01-Sep-2008, 05:27 AM
The visuals of the town were both relaxing and creepy, I thought.

Bub666
02-Sep-2008, 12:25 AM
I was very disappointed in this movie.

Khardis
02-Sep-2008, 12:51 AM
This movie was kinda stupid IMO... the mother was an imbecile and the little girl just angered me. I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.

Bub666
02-Sep-2008, 12:57 AM
I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.

That would've made the movie alot better.

Legion2213
02-Sep-2008, 05:40 PM
Might not be the best movie ever, but the town and general enviroment looked fantastic, absolutely stunning.

Definitely not the sort of place you want to be wandering around alone and unarmed IMO.

capncnut
02-Sep-2008, 06:11 PM
Might not be the best movie ever, but the town and general enviroment looked fantastic, absolutely stunning.
Best videogame to movie adaptation IMO. Infinitely better than the Resident Evil movies...

darth los
02-Sep-2008, 06:36 PM

Definitely not the sort of place you want to be wandering around alone and unarmed IMO.

That's for sure. The cinamatography in Silent hill Is definitely in the top tier of films that I've seen. If one pays attention there are many subliminal messages and themes going on in that film, alot like the matrix did. The film definitely has alot to offer if one has the patience to find it.

bassman
02-Sep-2008, 06:59 PM
This movie was kinda stupid IMO... the mother was an imbecile and the little girl just angered me. I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.

yeah.....but....don't you think everyone other than you is an imbecile?

darth los
02-Sep-2008, 07:03 PM
yeah.....but....don't you think everyone other than you is an imbecile?

:lol::lol::lol:

Line of the DAY!! :thumbsup:

Damn it's always the true things...

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2008, 12:14 PM
Best videogame to movie adaptation IMO. Infinitely better than the Resident Evil movies...

Correctamundo!

Bub666
05-Sep-2008, 01:28 PM

I agree 100%.

bassman
05-Sep-2008, 01:45 PM
Best videogame to movie adaptation IMO.

Do you mean to tell me that you like this more than the classic Super Mario Bros. Movie starring Dennis Hopper, John Leguizamo, and that dude from Roger Rabbit? :eek:

THAT is the best game to movie adaptation hands down. Nothing can beat that.

Street Fighter is #2. Raul Julia, baby!

darth los
05-Sep-2008, 03:25 PM
Do you mean to tell me that you like this more than the classic Super Mario Bros. Movie starring Dennis Hopper, John Leguizamo, and that dude from Roger Rabbit? :eek:

If i didn't know better i'd think you were serious.:rolleyes:

Bub666
06-Sep-2008, 12:33 PM

:confused:

bassman
06-Sep-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm serious! House of the Dead would be the third best!

Sarcasm fellas...

sandrock74
06-Sep-2008, 04:10 PM
So, can anyone explain the end of Silent Hill for me? The mother and her daughter never left the dimension, or whatever Silent Hill was in, and it extends all the way to their home...or even the whole planet?

SymphonicX
06-Sep-2008, 10:28 PM
So, can anyone explain the end of Silent Hill for me? The mother and her daughter never left the dimension, or whatever Silent Hill was in, and it extends all the way to their home...or even the whole planet?

think she was eternally stuck in the alternate realm, yeah...it seemed to extend past Silent Hill, to wherever she was going, but Silent Hill was the gateway to that realm...

Bub666
07-Sep-2008, 03:03 AM

I always thought the mother and her daughter were dead,and thats why they couldn't leave that dimension.

capncnut
07-Sep-2008, 03:10 AM
Doesn't deserve a response. Which I already gave, DOH!

sandrock74
07-Sep-2008, 06:30 AM
I always thought the mother and her daughter were dead,and thats why they couldn't leave that dimension.

But then how would her cell phone have quasi-worked? This was like some Star Trek ending! The mom and her kid needed to get a ship and fly it warp speed around the sun to escape or something...

Danny
07-Sep-2008, 09:14 AM

to be honest it doesn't really matter ,it wasn't the ending, any of the endings, to silent hill anyway it was just a crappy "twist", ive said ti before and ill say it again, they got the town spot on, and akira yamaokas music is legendary, but they didn't need to change the plot in any way. silent hill was a game about a mans struggle to find his los daughter when all these supernatural odds were stacked against him, not this matriarchal stuff they thought was "more appropriate", what that means i dont know, but when it got to the last 20 minutes and the writer, who had never heard of, let alone played the silent hill games, lit up a "south african drug reefer style spliff doobie" and started watching hellraiser and thought "man, this should be made into a movie, this **** is awesome!" i was pretty sure it was a crappy adaption cleverly hidden behind an alright horror film.:rolleyes:

horrormad
07-Sep-2008, 02:05 PM
This Film was garbage.

MikePizzoff
07-Sep-2008, 09:50 PM
This Film was garbage.

Excellent argumental skills.

Chic Freak
08-Sep-2008, 10:15 PM
I actually really enjoyed this film, but I am told by several people that this is because I never played the game. I just really liked the atmosphere.

capncnut
08-Sep-2008, 10:22 PM
I actually really enjoyed this film, but I am told by several people that this is because I never played the game. I just really liked the atmosphere.
Well Chic, I'm a big fan of the game series and I think the Silent Hill movie is the most faithful translation from game to film yet. The first 20 minutes is almost identical to the first level of the original game in terms of plot and events.

Thing is, the film suffered from the usual 'dragged on for half hour longer than it should have' syndrome.