PDA

View Full Version : Dawn78 -- "The Emperor's Reward"

BUTCHYPIE
22-May-2006, 09:38 PM
Got a wierd question. Peter in Dawn78 says the line below:

Peter: THEY GOT A BIG ADVANTAGE OVER US BROTHER. THEY DON'T THINK. THEY JUST BLIND-ASS DO WHAT THEY GOT TO DO. NO EMOTIONS. AND THAT BUNCH OUT THERE? THAT'S JUST A HANDFUL AND EVERY DAY THERE'LL BE MORE. A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND PEOPLE DIE EACH DAY FROM NATURAL CAUSES. THAT PROB'LY TRIPLES OR BETTER WITH FOLK KNOCKIN' EACH OTHER OFF THE WAY IT'S GOIN'. NOW SAY EACH ONE OF THEM COMES BACK AND KILLS TWO, AND EACH ONE OF THEM TWO MORE... YOU KNOW ABOUT THE EMPEROR'S REWARD?

This may be an allusion that I should get, but what is "the emperor's reward" he refers to? Was I asleep in that day of classical mythology class or something?

AcesandEights
22-May-2006, 10:51 PM
Uhhhhh, crap, I have no idea what that refers to. I could come up with a few suppositions, but why bother till we learn if someone on this board knows the real asnwer.

I even googled for an asnwer...

Good question :)

glsjaw
23-May-2006, 01:08 AM
good question, off to google i go

MapMan
23-May-2006, 01:10 AM
Death

glsjaw
23-May-2006, 01:12 AM
http://www.wattnet.com/Archives/Docs/699pib.pdf?CFID=25710&CFTOKEN=74030876

this would explain it better than i could. But i do believe just the beginning of the article is being refered to in the movie

MapMan
23-May-2006, 01:20 AM
That makes more sense.

Griff
23-May-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Peter goes on to explain the concept behind 'The Emperor's Reward' in the novelization.

I take it the quote above was from the script since this dialogue didn't make it to any release version.

AcesandEights
23-May-2006, 02:41 AM
Ahhhh, the subtle, yet undeniable power of...log2 arithmetic :rockbrow:

But it does make perfect sense, considering what Peter was trying to get accross.

Good find glsjaw.