PDA

View Full Version : Attention "Lost" fans...

MinionZombie
22-May-2006, 09:43 PM
From ActionTrip.com...

London, UK – 22 May 2006 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced a long-term worldwide licensing agreement with Touchstone Television to develop and publish a video game based on the Emmy Award-winning television series ‘Lost.’ Developed by Ubisoft’s award-winning Montréal studio and scheduled to hit retail shelves worldwide in 2007, the game will be offered for home and portable consoles as well as PCs.

“We are delighted to work with Bryan Burk, one of the biggest producers in Hollywood and with Touchstone Television,” said Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft. “That they have chosen us for the adaptation of the cult series ‘Lost’ is the best homage that a producer can make to the creativity of Ubisoft.”

“This deal is another example of how truly powerful the ‘Lost’ brand is,” said Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television. “We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series.”

“The creative appeal of ‘Lost’ transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology,” said Julia Franz, executive vice president, Touchstone Television. “It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch 'Lost,' the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience.”

"Many of us on ‘Lost’ have been hardcore gamers for years and the chance to work with Ubisoft, a company behind some of our favourite titles, has excited us to no end," said ‘Lost’ producer Bryan Burk. "With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the ‘Lost’ universe, we’re giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create."

J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof co-created “Lost” and also serve as executive producers, along with Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse. “Lost,” which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

I've got no idea how this is going to work, but as a big fan of the show I'll certainly look forward to seeing them try, then I can spend all day moving the camera around to perv on Kate. :lol:

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:34 AM
i knew it!, i friggin knew it!, not 2 days ago did i say, while playing far cry, "ya know ubisoft are gonna try and rehash this into a lost game or something like it".

*raises hand with eye drawn on* ahh,shazam!

eblade
02-Jun-2006, 09:15 AM
featuring Boar Hunting with Locke, surgery with Jack (high difficulty = with Christian), the Name Game with Sawyer, torture your choice of Sayid, Sawyer, or Fenry Gale, and many other lost pasttimes!

:)

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2006, 04:02 PM
How about perving on Kate as she takes a quick bath in the ocean? :p I'd be a legend at that game, ha!

eblade
03-Jun-2006, 12:08 AM
play as Walt.. object is to draw all the hot blonde chicks out of the camp and get them killed

Philly_SWAT
03-Jun-2006, 01:51 AM
I would play as one of "the others". That way, I would know what the hell was going on....

general tbag
03-Jun-2006, 03:38 AM
hey can someone explain what lost is about, i hear so much, but choose not to watch the box.

EvilNed
03-Jun-2006, 10:34 AM
It's about a group stranded on a uninhabited island where lots of craaaaazy **** going on.

Anyway, how would this game work? Would it be like the Sims or something, but set on an island? Will Gilligan be in it?

Tricky
10-Jun-2006, 08:40 PM
I wonder if you can make kate & ana lucia lezz up in it?that would be awesome :D

MinionZombie
10-Jun-2006, 09:29 PM
Mmmmmmm....I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of that. :p

Not in the same league by any means, but I'd like to see Grace and Immogen on Big Brother to lez up, haha! :lol:

Lost rocks copiously, not sure how they can make a game out of it, the narrative arc of the series doesn't exactly lend itself to a videogame, unless they'll try and do what they tried to do with STALKER - story wise - which has since ended up going down a more traditional path because they just couldn't make it work.

So the Lost game will either be total tosh or surprisingly good. The ability to perv on Kate, Lara Croft game style, would certainly help it's case ... especially if one of your early missions is to bathe Kate in the ocean as sexily as possible, haha! :cool:

Damn I'm horny tonight...it's all that Married With Children I've been watching this week (season four DVD), Christina Applegate ... yes please.

LivingDeadBeat
07-Nov-2007, 10:45 PM
Apparently you play as a new character called Elliot, and you basically have to walk around the island looking for clues etc. It's been announced that the game WILL NOT shed any new light on the show, but will be cool nonetheless to see what this character was up to while the rest was happening, just like Nikki and Paulo :)

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 10:52 PM
forgive my squirelly ignorance, but if it sheds no new light whats the point?

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 09:35 AM
forgive my squirelly ignorance, but if it sheds no new light whats the point?
To see alternate angles of action? To kinda watch Lost, but actually control the action?

To let Lost fans have a videogame?

To ... shut up will ya?! :D

Craig
08-Nov-2007, 06:55 PM
I really used to enjoy watching it until it went to Sky, which we don't have... I guess I'd still like to see the episodes after series 2, but somehow, watching it on DVD, while more convinient is not the same as waiting a week for the next episode.

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, I guess you don't get the "ah mate, roll on next week" vibe...but you also don't get the 3 month gap between episode 306 and 307...you also don't get annoying advert breaks going on for 4 or 5 minutes.

I much prefer watching shows at least downloaded, although I usually have to as they take ages most times (or so it seems) to come to our shores, but it also means no annoying advert breaks and I see them a day after the Americans do.

Box sets are also superb ideas I think, you can watch them to your schedule, and can really get sucked into a show and just go f*cking crazy for it, really get involved, which I feel makes for a more intense viewing experience. Also more pleasant.

I'm a big 24 fan and watched them all as they came out, and then went back and watched the first 5 seasons for a second time each from my copies and just got sucked so far in (this was before season 6 aired you see)...which reminds me, I must re-watch season 6 to even-me-out for the premiere of season 7, not too long away now.

Danny
08-Nov-2007, 10:57 PM
you know, i own the lost season 1, buffy season 1, heroes season 1 and the complete father ted box sets but ive yet to watch one of them.

as for lost the acting is top notch, the writing however after the 3rd episode just goes so far into wtf territory it just loses the vibe the pilot eps had and i just cant watch it ,it seems a little absurd to me.

DubiousComforts
09-Nov-2007, 04:03 AM
Apparently you play as a new character called Elliot, and you basically have to walk around the island looking for clues etc.
I think I liked it better when it was called MYST. ;)

Craig
09-Nov-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm a big 24 fan and watched them all as they came out, and then went back and watched the first 5 seasons for a second time each from my copies and just got sucked so far in (this was before season 6 aired you see)...which reminds me, I must re-watch season 6 to even-me-out for the premiere of season 7, not too long away now.
I've watched series 3 on DVD and am watching series 4 on DVD at the moment, I'm thinking when this series is over I should go back and watch the first two series to see what I missed.

I'll admit it, I'd go gay for Jack Bauer.

MinionZombie
09-Nov-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh my god, you started at 3?! *sighs*

Dear-dear-dear...

It's so much better from the very beginning and following it through, that said, seasons 4 and 5 are f*cking immensely good. Get cracked through them quicksmart young lad, the first two seasons should be pretty cheap these days. Then nab 5 and 6, get them all watched and boom - ready for season 7 in the new year.

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 02:07 PM
I think I liked it better when it was called MYST. ;)

indeed sir, zing indeed.

Craig
09-Nov-2007, 11:36 PM
It's so much better from the very beginning and following it through, that said, seasons 4 and 5 are f*cking immensely good. Get cracked through them quicksmart young lad, the first two seasons should be pretty cheap these days. Then nab 5 and 6, get them all watched and boom - ready for season 7 in the new year.
Well we have series 1-5 boxset, and it was my mum actually who was up to series 3 when I decided to start watching it.

I've not heard terribly great things about series 6, what's your opinion?

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2007, 10:48 AM
Season 6 was no worse than season 3, perhaps better in some respects and worse in others. I think people complaining about it is a bit overdone, but it's not up to the superb standards of season 4 and 5 - but then again, it most likely wasn't going to be.

This will mean of course, that season 7 should be a corker.

Season 6, even if it isn't as good as some of the other seasons, is still must see viewing, it kinda caps off the previous 5 seasons...so with Jack Bauer's character it'll be a kind of 'pre-season 6/post-season 6' sorta thing.

They're all must watch seasons, and they're all required viewing to get the proper worth out of the franchise and the story. Just watch them in order from the beginning.

Tricky
10-Nov-2007, 11:23 AM
I loved lost but i lost track of it when channel 4 decided they werent stumping up the cash for season 3 & i havent seen it yet apart from the first couple of episodes!dvd i think as i genuinly liked that show a lot :)

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2007, 05:50 PM
I recommend you see season 3, I think it's better than the first two, more is revealed about the others, and yes, while more questions are raised - more answers are answered.

So I'd heartily say to you to get the box set.