PDA

View Full Version : 'Daredevil' Reboot AND 'Ghost Rider 2' In The Works

darth los
24-Sep-2009, 08:31 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/699480/Daredevil-Reboot-AND-Ghost-Rider-2-In-The-Works.html

:cool:

bassman
24-Sep-2009, 09:00 PM
I liked the first Ghost Rider. It was probably the best comic-based film ever!

:clown:

I avoided Daredevil....

ProfessorChaos
24-Sep-2009, 10:11 PM
after the circus that the batman films became, the idea of a reboot in that series was acceptable and welcomed.

...but this shit with marvel re-launching reboots of shitty franchises that no one gives a flying fuck about (fantastic four, daredevil, hulk) is too much...and comic book movies are done to death lately anyway, so double-fuck 'em.

here's hoping that both reboots (of ff and dd) both flop and lose marvel all kinds of money, then maybe they'll stop doing these reboots and trying to force their crap franchises down our throats every five years.:annoyed:

MoonSylver
25-Sep-2009, 01:19 AM
Even though it wasn't very faithful to the Elektra & Bullseye characters I liked DareDevil better than I thought I would. I don't see it as NEEDING a reboot, unlike the FF & the Hulk. Ghost Rider 2? I'm down for that. Hope ol Zarathos gets more face time this time around than his Johnny Blaze alter ego...;)

sandrock74
25-Sep-2009, 01:42 AM
after the circus that the batman films became, the idea of a reboot in that series was acceptable and welcomed.

...but this shit with marvel re-launching reboots of shitty franchises that no one gives a flying fuck about (fantastic four, daredevil, hulk) is too much...and comic book movies are done to death lately anyway, so double-fuck 'em.

here's hoping that both reboots (of ff and dd) both flop and lose marvel all kinds of money, then maybe they'll stop doing these reboots and trying to force their crap franchises down our throats every five years.:annoyed:

Marvel isn't rebooting them, FOX movie studios are rebooting them, so they can retain the movie license of said properties. Hopefully, Disney can buy out the contract with FOX, so the rights revert back to Marvel.

ProfessorChaos
25-Sep-2009, 01:57 AM
well i stand corrected, then. either way, you think the studios would realize that the majority of the public doesn't give a shit about daredevil or fantastic four, so why waste the money?

seriously, the only comic book movies that are gonna rake in the serious $$$ (which is all the studios give a shit about anyway) are spidey, batman, and superman. do we really need a thor movie? captain america? wtf? and i know everyone says you can just ignore them, but it's kinda hard when they keep pumping this shit out every single year.:|

darth los
25-Sep-2009, 03:22 PM
I agree. that is overkill.

If they must, Instead of making the all seperate features they should just make one Avengers movie.

bassman
25-Sep-2009, 03:39 PM
If they must, Instead of making the all seperate features they should just make one Avengers movie.

They're working towards that. That's why Nick Fury is in the Iron Man movies and Tony Stark was in The Incredible Hulk.

darth los
25-Sep-2009, 03:54 PM
They're working towards that. That's why Nick Fury is in the Iron Man movies and Tony Stark was in The Incredible Hulk.

So there's a method to their mediocrity!?!

Whooda thunk it!!

Eyebiter
26-Sep-2009, 09:41 AM
If Fox is smart they will reboot these franchises with young actors and sign them to a three picture contract. That way IF the movies do well it's easier to bring them back for sequels cheap.

Alba and Chiklis probably wanted too much to do another FF4 movie.

Danny
26-Sep-2009, 03:58 PM
i liked dareveil, y'all can bite me.:D

MinionZombie
26-Sep-2009, 06:19 PM
i liked dareveil, y'all can bite me.:D
To be honest, so did I.

Haven't seen it in ages, and it was nowhere near Spider-Man quality, but I still liked it.

Colin Farrell was awesome. :D

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2009, 11:45 AM
Can do without daredevil. Ghost Rider 2???? WHY? Did anyone see Eva Mendez's acting. MY GOD, it was a travesty. Her boobs were only thing believeable. :hyper:

bassman
28-Sep-2009, 12:40 PM
These films are needed about as much as a Supergirl 2.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38687/872187-supergirl_super.jpg

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2009, 12:53 PM
These films are needed about as much as a Supergirl 2.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38687/872187-supergirl_super.jpg
Supergirl was directed by three people?! :eek:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2009, 02:03 PM
I hear about this just the other day. Someone theorized they may be trying to retain rights to the properties, given Marvel's recent buy up by Disney, but...that seems like an expensive way to go about doing such a thing.

Can simply optioning retain rights? And if so, for how long?

Ahh, the 1st Triumvirate. They were marked for greatness till the infighting began. Actually, looking it up on IMDB it says just Jeannot Szwarc.

sandrock74
02-Oct-2009, 03:26 AM
I liked Daredevil too. It was fun.

And Jennifer Garner is hot.

clanglee
02-Oct-2009, 03:31 AM

What? no. . read it again

And say what you like about supergirl, but Helen Slater was one fine fine woman. I grew up in love with her.

MinionZombie
02-Oct-2009, 10:04 AM
What? no. . read it again

And say what you like about supergirl, but Helen Slater was one fine fine woman. I grew up in love with her.
Whoopsie. :o