PDA

View Full Version : I never heard of this release. (NOTLD Survivor's Cut)

Tied2thetracks
24-May-2006, 05:42 AM
NOTLD survivors cut?

The latest revision of the film is called Night of the Living Dead: Survivor's Cut, produced and edited by Dean Lachiusa, who added a new beginning, a flashback, and some color effects (certain scenes being tinted), in addition to altering certain scenes to make it seem as if the film had used more expensive cinematography. As with the 30th Anniversary Edition, this version is extremely controversial among NOTLD fans.

I'm curious to give it a watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Living_Dead

Guru ofthe Dead
24-May-2006, 05:45 AM
Really, that is interesting I must be behind in my dead lore. I don't know about it either.:o

axlish
24-May-2006, 02:52 PM
It was an interesting fan-edit and I enjoyed it but do not pay this asswipe a dime. Get a DVD-R copy from someone. I enjoy fan-edits from time to time, but attempting to make money off of them is a joke.

As for the edit, it starts out with a montage showing the venus probe, so it specifically uses the probe as a plot device. After the probe it shows the news report in Washington DC (where Romero was a reporter), and then cuts to Barbara in the house. The graveyard scenes are shown as a flashback when Barbara tells Ben her story. There is also some colored filter enhancements from time to time that give it a grindhouse feel. The TV is eliminated, they only listen to the radio in this edit. It is definitely worth the watch, just don't pay this asswipe anything to see it.

DjfunkmasterG
24-May-2006, 03:09 PM
Axlish, do you have that version? If so can I get a copy?

Philly_SWAT
24-May-2006, 10:09 PM
I also have seen this. It is not bad. It is interesting the way the fan has changed certain things within the film by use of different editing. I believe that you should be able to find this available for free download many different ways. Use kazaa, limewire, etc. and you should be able to download a copy.