PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead 4 and 5: are they really that bad???

Cykotic
24-May-2006, 11:36 AM
I've heard about these two for a while and since I've seen 1,2 and 3, I thought I should take a look at 4 and 5. But, I've read a lot of opinions on this site about these films. Can you tell me... are they really that bad???

Adrenochrome
24-May-2006, 11:39 AM
They're ok if you wear a blindfold and earplugs and not have the TV turned on while the DVDs are playing. Then, they're GREAT!:D:D:D

Andy
24-May-2006, 11:56 AM
ive just seen 4 for the first time and let me be honest with you... ive coughed up more entertaining stuff.

DjfunkmasterG
24-May-2006, 12:26 PM
These films are without a doubt an insult to the origina 2 films. I like part 3, but I think of it as a seperate film, not in the same universe. Do yourself a favor pass on part 4 & 5 and you will be a happier person for it.

axlish
24-May-2006, 02:33 PM
No, they aren't that bad. You need to take a step back and re-evaluate before you go into parts 4 & 5 expecting the next big thing in zombie cinema. They were debuted on the scifi channel people, why would you expect the world? With that said, I enjoyed parts 4 & 5 a great deal.

DjfunkmasterG
24-May-2006, 03:12 PM
They changed the mythology greatly. They even chaged the plot, and major story points. ROTLD zombies do not die with a gunshot to the head, but these guys do. The trioxin chemical has been renamed from 245 Trioxin to Trioxyin 5. THe one really good thing is that part 5 brings back the tarman. The scenes they shot showing him rising out of the canisters was very very good.

LouCipherr
24-May-2006, 04:04 PM
heh, the tarman zombie in ROTLD1 is one of my favorite zombies. Just the way the guy walks and carries himself.. and of course, "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!"

:D

slickwilly13
24-May-2006, 04:17 PM
I watched from both on Sci-Fi Channel. They suck. I'm glad I wasn't sober when I watched them. None of them sucked as bad as Zombi 3, though.