PDA

View Full Version : Blair Witch sequel

capncnut
03-Oct-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks like an official Blair Witch sequel could be on it's way for the new year. And yes, a direct sequel to the original movie. Not 100% concrete yet but it's the closest it's ever been.

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17569) for article.

zombie04
03-Oct-2009, 07:42 PM
Honestly, I just couldn't care less. The most exciting thing about the first movie was the marketing campaign.

Zombo
03-Oct-2009, 08:02 PM
It would be cool to actually see the witch this time.

capncnut
03-Oct-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the series but I think it would be cool to see a follow up to the original story. Thing is, I think the moment might have passed already.

kortick
03-Oct-2009, 10:36 PM
didnt they get royally screwed by the
distributors on the first movie?

and there was a BW2 already and it was lame.

Hey if they wanna make it and think they have
a good story why not.

Im sure they will not have the shaky camera thing.

Andy
03-Oct-2009, 10:42 PM
It would be cool to actually see the witch this time.
I Beleive if you can get hold of the very rare "sundance" version of the original film, you do see the witch.

octo7
03-Oct-2009, 10:43 PM
I loved blair witch but i understand why a lot of people hated it.

MikePizzoff
04-Oct-2009, 12:18 AM
I Beleive if you can get hold of the very rare "sundance" version of the original film, you do see the witch.

I'd think that footage would be pretty easy to find on the internet. Anybody?

Andy
04-Oct-2009, 12:32 AM
I'd think that footage would be pretty easy to find on the internet. Anybody?

I Dont think it was ever originally released, but i know the director said that it was shot and the witch was actually shown at the sundance film festival version of the blair witch project, basically as a extra scene after the campers are woken in the middle of the night and hear children and then they all run from their tent, in this version one of them points their camera backwards while their running and you see the witch moving after them, but this was removed from all production versions of the movie.

Ive never seen it and i have searched for it, if anyone else can find it i would be most impressed.

bassman
04-Oct-2009, 12:42 AM
I thought it was better that we didn't see the witch. Not knowing made it more frightening, imo.

Kinda like Jaws. The scariest moments in that film are the first attacks where we don't even see the shark...

Andy
04-Oct-2009, 12:48 AM
Yeah i think thats why it was removed, it would still be pretty interesting to see.

Its also why you see the entire scene from only 1 camera, the other one has been removed until the next scene.

Zombo
04-Oct-2009, 01:24 AM
Fascinating! what did the witch look like?

MoonSylver
04-Oct-2009, 04:21 AM
Hurm. I'd be down with that. Dug the first one hard (was lucky to walk into it cold, so it really worked for me). Did not hate the second one even (I'd read the book, comic, etc so I was pretty "into" the whole BW mythos by that time). So bring it on. I'd be curious to see if they could capture lighting in a bottle twice.

EvilNed
04-Oct-2009, 09:27 AM
All this talk makes me kinda interesting. Both in a sequel and in seeing the first one once again.

Also, I don't think a quick, blurry shot of the witch would've hurt the film at all. :p

Danny
04-Oct-2009, 09:43 AM
I Dont think it was ever originally released, but i know the director said that it was shot and the witch was actually shown at the sundance film festival version of the blair witch project, basically as a extra scene after the campers are woken in the middle of the night and hear children and then they all run from their tent, in this version one of them points their camera backwards while their running and you see the witch moving after them, but this was removed from all production versions of the movie.

Ive never seen it and i have searched for it, if anyone else can find it i would be most impressed.

it was never actually added into any cut but one of the directors, who were following the during the week of the shoot, ran along side them in a sheet and crap making weird gestures in the woods, they never aim the camera at "her" but when heather goes "what the fuck is that, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?" thats what she is on about.

I love the original, its one of my favorite flicks of all time, and one of the few horror flicks that still creep me out, that said it should be left alone, the moment you reveal the monster its never as scary as what the audience thinks up themselves so they should just leave it be.

krakenslayer
04-Oct-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah i think thats why it was removed, it would still be pretty interesting to see.

Its also why you see the entire scene from only 1 camera, the other one has been removed until the next scene.

Fascinating! what did the witch look like?

I managed to find a still from the lost scene:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257&d=1254649810

Wonder why they cut it? :lol: :D

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2009, 10:52 AM
I dig the Blair Witch, I'd see a proper sequel (never saw that pish BW2), but it has to be done right.

SymphonicX
04-Oct-2009, 11:15 AM
I enjoyed the original but feel kinda jaded by people's opinions on the film. Lots of people hated it, a few loved it, but most got really pissy about it as though they were owed explanations and gratuitious shots of the witch in every scene....a lot of people (and I'm not aiming this at anyone here AT ALL) are very unimaginative and therefore felt like they needed the whole thing explained to them visually so they could realise what they were supposed to be scared of....in reality you're supposed to be scared of your imagination....

clanglee
04-Oct-2009, 11:42 AM
I enjoyed the original but feel kinda jaded by people's opinions on the film. Lots of people hated it, a few loved it, but most got really pissy about it as though they were owed explanations and gratuitious shots of the witch in every scene....a lot of people (and I'm not aiming this at anyone here AT ALL) are very unimaginative and therefore felt like they needed the whole thing explained to them visually so they could realise what they were supposed to be scared of....in reality you're supposed to be scared of your imagination....

Bingo!!!!! This is why I don't talk about the movie to people I don't know well yet. It actually makes me respect a person less if they didn't like BW.

And for the record. . I liked part 2. It was pretty good in it's own way.

SymphonicX
04-Oct-2009, 11:57 AM
there was a hot goth in it no? saw it once at work and couldn't deal with it!

EvilNed
04-Oct-2009, 12:05 PM
And for the record. . I liked part 2. It was pretty good in it's own way.

Can't remember much about Part 2, but I remember I thought it was pretty decent. (Altough probably pretty teeny-boppy)

octo7
04-Oct-2009, 01:54 PM
i managed to find a still from the lost scene:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257&d=1254649810

wonder why they cut it? :lol: :d
lol!!

capncnut
04-Oct-2009, 03:34 PM
Can't remember much about Part 2, but I remember I thought it was pretty decent. (Altough probably pretty teeny-boppy)
BW2 wasn't too bad actually. The basic set-up was cool and I think it had some decent twists and turns, although I'm betting it probably don't hold up now.

Danny
04-Oct-2009, 04:02 PM
BW2 wasn't too bad actually. The basic set-up was cool and I think it had some decent twists and turns, although I'm betting it probably don't hold up now.

ImlJGQI3nRY

you are correct sir!

-my problem is it tried to answer everything, what i loved about the original was it built a mythos, ive still got the comics, the novel and the fake books and leaflets, even a missing poster for the filmmakers. but none of it proved what happened and thats what i loved about it.
Blair witch 2 explicitly tells you about what's going on and inevitably devolves into cliche horror territory.

capncnut
04-Oct-2009, 04:06 PM
October 27th. Now that's a sensible release date for a scare flick.

Danny
04-Oct-2009, 04:09 PM

wasnt the dawn remake released close to christmas over here?:lol:

SymphonicX
04-Oct-2009, 04:13 PM

hahaha

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2009, 05:41 PM
ImlJGQI3nRY

you are correct sir!

-my problem is it tried to answer everything, what i loved about the original was it built a mythos, ive still got the comics, the novel and the fake books and leaflets, even a missing poster for the filmmakers. but none of it proved what happened and thats what i loved about it.
Blair witch 2 explicitly tells you about what's going on and inevitably devolves into cliche horror territory.
At that trailer - yawn - couldn't be less interested in BW2.

Danny
04-Oct-2009, 06:00 PM

The force is strong with this one.:lol:

capncnut
04-Oct-2009, 06:48 PM
Actually the trailer doesn't do anything for BW2 but some bits might pleasantly surprise you. Far from a classic film though.

Tricky
04-Oct-2009, 07:06 PM
I thought the first film was absolutely brilliant, was probably only about 17/18 then but I remember leaving the cinema pretty unnerved by it which is what it set out to do!& symphonicx hit the nail on the head with what he said above!
The second film was absolute gash though, when it was released I heard it was crap so I never watched it so it wouldnt soil the original for me, but I caught it on film4 one night earlier this year & it was as bad as I imagined

wayzim
04-Oct-2009, 11:05 PM
Hurm. I'd be down with that. Dug the first one hard (was lucky to walk into it cold, so it really worked for me). Did not hate the second one even (I'd read the book, comic, etc so I was pretty "into" the whole BW mythos by that time). So bring it on. I'd be curious to see if they could capture lighting in a bottle twice.

The best thing about Blair Witch was the whole Internet hype which elevated the movie beyond it's modest Indie roots. I firmly believe alot of the haters were either taken in or else they're simply people trying too hard to be hip.
Just my opinion.
I totally enjoyed the first Book (Blair Witch Project; A dossier), and the two SciFi Channel docudramas. Less so the showtime film (White Enamel ), about the only kid to survive Rustin Parr's killing spree. Unfortunately the mythos stumbled a bit with the second Book (Blair Witch; Book of Shadows ) which totally missed the point of Blair Witch 2.
Book of Shadows was supposed to be a joke on the popularity of the first movie rather than a true sequel, and it deftly played a number with film-goers. Unfortunately the book didn't understand the film was supposed to be a recreation of events, so it showed the actors as the actual people involved in the coffin rock killings.
Still, we were supposed to get a prequel about Elly Kedward, way back when. But anything that's carefully scripted and keeps up with the legend ... could be cool.

Wayne Z

PJoseph
05-Oct-2009, 01:22 AM
I really liked BW2 - it was made by one of my favorite documentary filmmakers (who co-directed Paradise Lost, which is fantastic). Now, you shouldn't HAVE to listen to the film's audio commentary to enjoy a movie, but I felt when I listened to him speak about the film, it was much better for me.

His take, which is interesting, is that FAKE documentaries are very dangerous. The idea being that people will take the films as truth. And, at the end of BW2, his characters pay for it.

Not sure if that makes it a great film worth renting again, but at the time, I thought it was pretty good.

And I did like BW1 - thought that was great. I happened to see a crappy VHS copy being passed around at USA networks when I worked there - a few weeks before the film came out. I had no clue what the hell it was, but my buddy and I watched it in our hotel room late one night. It freaked the living crap out of us.

Then I saw it in a theater - the pessimism of the audience really ruined the film. You just can't enjoy movies in the theater anymore - audiences suck.

pJ

clanglee
05-Oct-2009, 06:28 AM
my favorite thing about the Blair Witch Project 2

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/erica-leerhsen1.jpg