PDA

View Full Version : Still want that PS3?

erisi236
24-May-2006, 09:16 PM
cuz you wont be able to buy used games for it (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006)

*giggle like a school girl* :lol:

hey Sony!
:moon:

ipotts85
24-May-2006, 09:34 PM
whata bunch of greedy pr*icks...this will only make the second hand market stronger...that is after all what the internet was built for - stealing sh*t for free! f*ck sony.

Philly_SWAT
24-May-2006, 10:16 PM
whata bunch of greedy pr*icks...
Indeed

erisi236
24-May-2006, 10:35 PM
whata bunch of greedy pr*icks...

hense forth I dub the new Sony gaming machine as P$3

Bunker65
25-May-2006, 12:29 AM
Sony is just digging their own grave deeper & deeper :|. I know GameStop & EB Games won't be thrilled by this news. The make a bulk of their profits from the used game market. Hell, everytime you go into a store they practically assault you with "do you have any games to trade??".

The execs at MS must be grinning from ear to ear over the way Sony is handling the PS3.

P.S. I never intended to purchase a PS3 anyway so this doesn't really effect me. I was always planning on sticking with my 360 & then picking up a Wii later in the year.

DeadJonas190
25-May-2006, 03:56 AM
I read something like that about a year ago and Sony denied it then, but I wouldn't put it past those greedy bastards. By doing something like that, they will further sepearate themselves from the people who support their product and will most likely either drop that real quick or go out of business. If this story is true then I will never buy a P$3 (thanks for the good name erisi).

livingdead7
25-May-2006, 04:41 AM
I'm not gonna even give this much thought until I hear it from Sony. I'm not saying they wouldnt do something like this...it's jus tthat it would make no sense, and would hurt there business. Besides..too many bs rumor-starting articles out there to believe this one...yet.

slickwilly13
25-May-2006, 07:33 AM
If this is true then it would deter me from buying a ps3. :rockbrow: Come on, this has to be total bullsh!t. People are annoyed enough with the $500-600 price tag. Hopefully, this is just a rumor. If not then f#ck you Sony! Go join the Sega club.

Screwing
Every
Gamer
Again

MinionZombie
25-May-2006, 11:16 AM
Sounds like someone's been taking lessons from that bastard "Steam" sh*t from Valve. I can't believe how greedy Sony is these days, now I really do hope that PS3 crashes and burns in a huge fireball that bakes their balls on slow roast. Seriously, these guys are just effing themselves in the big old hairy A big style. What idiots.

Andy
25-May-2006, 12:17 PM
hmmm... sony are too greedy... MS is just ****... and i dont hold out much hope for the aptly named "Wii"..

guess i'll be sticking with my PC.

MinionZombie
25-May-2006, 02:32 PM
Your PC with Windows installed? :D

MS are at the very least a better marketting machine, it's just plain arrogant of Sony to cut off 2nd hand sales and say that 'we'll get that first 5 million no matter what'. That's just retarded.

Wii will be for hardcore Nintendo folk I'd imagine, I can't say I personally want to be waving my arms around like I'm on fire just to play a game. PC rocks the most cock, but the only pain in the ass is the constant upgrading and "ooh, will I be able to run this, and on what settings, ooh" - that does my head in. When I can afford it, I'm getting my ass a 360 ... and a major PC upgrade - new processer, motherboard, graphics card, double up the RAM - bingo.

Andy
25-May-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm getting my ass a 360 ...

i wouldn't wipe my ass with a 360 :lol:

sorry couldn't resist.

i'll probally get the Wii if i get any of the consoles, for smash bros brawl and resi evil 5 if nothing else.

and yeah i prefer my PC with windows on it (windows vista actually :cool:) becuase MS make a pretty good OS compared to whatelse is out there, where-as they make a pretty ****ty console.

btw i remember having this discussion with you on msn :p

MinionZombie
25-May-2006, 03:47 PM
I thought that sounded familiar with the Smash Bros comment.

Damn, you've got Vista already? Fudge that I say, their new OS' are always bugged to f*ck when they're first released. XP is still the daddy says I, yarrr! And like I said, I had a blast playing multiplayer Xbox, the PS controller just hurts my hands and thumbs. :D

Cody
25-May-2006, 04:36 PM
Whoa. While they are at it they should make every game that comes out 150$ so that way we can pay more for games too

Rottedfreak
25-May-2006, 04:51 PM
Greed and stupidity incarnate.
Pray that this doesn't catch on.

Andy
25-May-2006, 04:59 PM
I thought that sounded familiar with the Smash Bros comment.

Damn, you've got Vista already? Fudge that I say, their new OS' are always bugged to f*ck when they're first released. XP is still the daddy says I, yarrr! And like I said, I had a blast playing multiplayer Xbox, the PS controller just hurts my hands and thumbs. :D
it hasn't been released yet i registered as a beta tester ages ago so i got vista beta 2 :p

slickwilly13
25-May-2006, 05:22 PM
Whoa. While they are at it they should make every game that comes out 150$ so that way we can pay more for games too

Neo Geo did that back in the day. In fact their console alone was around $600 + and look what happened to them. I keep having SNK flashbacks with this PS3.

Btw, nice avatar. Wished I was in the middle of that.

p2501
25-May-2006, 06:25 PM
cuz you wont be able to buy used games for it (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006)

*giggle like a school girl* :lol:

hey Sony!
:moon:

This reads like geek fodder, but let's all wait untill the official press release from Sony.

I don't wanna go all Fafapfapfap over the P$3's grave right yet.

if they're going with this policy it raises alot of questions about Sony actually offering games on download for the PSP (a prime reason i bought one).

i say we wait and see. the legality of this just doesn't seem like it'll work in the real world.

erisi236
25-May-2006, 07:17 PM
Neo Geo did that back in the day. In fact their console alone was around $600 + and look what happened to them. I keep having SNK flashbacks with this PS3.

Btw, nice avatar. Wished I was in the middle of that.

well the NeoGeo did have games put out for it for over 10 years :)

I bought a few of them too :D

Tullaryx
25-May-2006, 08:14 PM
It's premature to say that this is what Sony has planned for PS3 titles, but there is some weird perverse logic to the rumor if it becomes truth in some form. Sony has been in a major piracy crackdown in terms of their media products like DVD, CD (remember their rootkit DRM hoopla from last year), and games. Sony knows that secondary sales (used games) of Playstation titles ultimately cuts into their profit margins. Sony's still in the middle of a company restructuring of both its business and financial practice to get out of 4-5 years of red ink. It's only been in the past financial quarter that Sony has made a profit.

While I can't truly see Sony going the way the rumor says they will, I can see Sony setting up a system where each PS3 game will have a product or keycode that is particular to that unit. One way this could work would be gamer buys Warhawk. Gamer opens case and finds Blu-Ray disc of said game and at the same time a small card with an activation code. Gamer puts disc in PS3 which boots up a screen for gamer to input activation code. Activation code gets imprinted onto the PS3's 20-60GB HDD and if player is hooked on-line, said info is sent over to Sony for safekeeping. This would keep the game to only be played on that particular PS3 and at the same time a way to keep piracy down until said pirates find a way around it.