PDA

View Full Version : your dream weapon

kar98k
25-May-2006, 05:40 AM
it has been 5 years since the living dead destroyed your world, and you have been in hiding too long! it is time to take vengence apon the ghouls who ate your family and friends! you are looting through a gunshop, and while picking a pistol from below the counter, you accidentally finger a button that opens a trap door beneath you. you fall into a room filled with every kind of weapon imaginable! this must have been the previous owners secret stash! then on the shelf to you left, you a spot a shiny brand new (:skull: insert your favorite weapon here:skull: ) with a nice big box of ammo next to it. its time to show those undead bastards whose boss!!!:elol: :elol:

what weapon are you proudly carrying out to fight the undead horeds?

Guru ofthe Dead
25-May-2006, 05:44 AM
I don't know, how about that gun that Jesse Ventura had in Predator. Oh!! does it have to be a real weapon.:D

kar98k
25-May-2006, 05:49 AM
no, it doesnt have to be real

livingdead7
25-May-2006, 06:14 AM
Man, that gun Jesse Ventura had in Predator would sure make a nice mess against the living dead!

I am carrying out a German Kar98K with a scope. Why? Because...I'm the type of guy who likes a challenge, and thats the weapon I used to use all the time when I used to play Allied Assault/Spearhead online a long time ago. Of course staying on the ground/in the open isnt an option. Taking cover on rooftops is a neccessity with this rifle. Frequentlychanging positions is also neccessary. This is my dream scenario that I have envisionedmany times...

Guru ofthe Dead
25-May-2006, 06:32 AM
I got another one. How about the gun turret from a WWII battleship. livingdead7 I dig your avitar.:D

Tri0xin
25-May-2006, 06:34 AM
The BIG FUCKING GUN 9000!!!!

Guru ofthe Dead
25-May-2006, 06:36 AM
Well that was direct and to the point!!! Good answer though.

Mr_Shadow
25-May-2006, 07:40 AM
a lightsaber LoL

i would want something that is lightweight and wouldn't need reloading or run out of ammo, maybe a plasma or laser gun that can shoot long distances and emits no sound

Cykotic
25-May-2006, 08:49 AM
A lightsaber does have it advantages, but you must be in a close-combat situation (something I would want to avoid!). Miniguns (The one that Jessie Ventura was carrying during PREDATOR) eat up too much ammo.

I would choose either the FAMAS F1-G2 due to it's range (300/450 m) and Magazine Capacity (25/30 rounds)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/FAMAS_dsc06877.jpg/300px-FAMAS_dsc06877.jpg
or the H&K G36
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b7/Heckler_und_Koch_G36.jpeg/300px-Heckler_und_Koch_G36.jpeg
This is for three Reasons: 1) the Range is 200 to 800 m (2) It can take a 100 round drum (3) It just looks so cool!

Deadman_Deluxe
25-May-2006, 10:34 AM
Deadman Deluxe uses "Unicycle/Peashooter/Clown Shoes" combo to destroy all zeds within a ten thousand mile radius ... for maximum points :skull:

MapMan
25-May-2006, 11:33 AM
A laminated, rolled up map of the US and the car that Frankenstein drove in Death Race 2000.

a1150
25-May-2006, 11:38 AM
Deadman Deluxe uses "Unicycle/Peashooter/Clown Shoes" combo to destroy all zeds within a ten thousand mile radius ... for maximum points :skull:

Don't forget the electric handshake buzzer, for use in close combat.

Bunker65
25-May-2006, 12:43 PM
Below is my dream weapon. The underlined/yellow portions are some of the main reasons why I like this weapon. The .308 Winchester is a fairly easy caliber to find in stores. I like the fact that it can be silenced & have the flash suppressed for maximum stealth. As Cykotic mentioned, I would rather keep my distance for as long as I possibly could & those 2 features would help in that regard. I also like the fact that it can be fitted to allow for left handed shooting.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/827/hkmsg90a16xs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HK MSG-90A1, a modified design for US DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) program

Caliber: 7.62mm NATO (.308 Win)
Operation: Semi-auto, Roller delayed blowback
Barrel: 600 mm
Weight: 6.4 kg
Length: 1165 mm
Feed Mechanism: 5 or 20 round detachable box magazines.

The MSG-90 sniper rifle had been introduced by the German company Heckler-Koch in 1987 as a "militarized" offspring of their PSG-1 police sniper rifle. It was built to military specifications, and is much lighter and somewhat cheaper than the HK PSG-1. It shares most essential features of the PSG-1, including overall design, the roller-delayed blowback, semi-automatic only action. The barrel of the MSG-90 is somewhat shorter and lighter, but still is of match grade, and is manufactured using cold hammer forging process. On the original model the barrel is equipped with additional muzzle weight, added to improve barrel harmonics and thus increase shots consistence. The buttstock is of different shape, adjustable for length of pull and for height of the cheekpiece. The trigger unit is made from plastic integral with pistol grip. The trigger with adjustable shoe is set at 1.5 kg (~3 lbs). The forend is fitted with underrail that accepts the detachable folding bipod. There's no open sights on the MSG-90, and it's fitted by standard with 10X telescope sight with range settings from 100 to 1200 meters. The scope is mounted on the MilStd scope rail, that allows for many various scopes and night vision devices to be mounted interchangeably.

The latest variant is the MSG-90A1, originally known as the MSG-90DMR. This rifle was built for US DOD DMR (designated Marksman Rifle) program, and has some additional characteristics and features, not found on the original MSG-90. That is, the MSG-90A1 is fitted with the barrel, threaded on the muzzle, to accept screw-on silencers, and is equipped with low signature flash hider. The MSG-90A1 also is equipped with open sights - a typical HK hooded front sight, combined with adjustable rear sights, marked up to 1200 meters and similar in design to HK 21 machine gun rear sight. The ejection port is fitted with brass deflector, which allows the gun to be fired from the left shoulder. Otherwise it is similar to the MSG-90.

bassman
25-May-2006, 12:47 PM
it has been 5 years since the living dead destroyed your world, and you have been in hiding too long!

OH GOD! Why didn't anyone tell me?!?!?:eek:

:D

I would use an aluminum bat or something that can't run out of ammo...

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 12:59 PM
Tinkerbell
http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/splash2/tinkerbell.gif
She could help me fly above all those nasty zombies!
But,.....would I have to wear tights?......hmmmmmm

creepntom
25-May-2006, 01:01 PM
ak-47 assault

2 hk usp compacts

plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.....whoops, wrong movie :p

hk sr9t

plus various explosives like c-4, claymores, etc.,

bassman
25-May-2006, 01:09 PM
Tinkerbell

Without a doubt, the best weapon yet:lol: ...

Bunker65
25-May-2006, 01:23 PM
Tinkerbell

In addition to the tights you would also need:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5374/peterpanzoom8aw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 01:32 PM
In addition to the tights you would also need:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5374/peterpanzoom8aw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh my,.....I just came a little.:D

Bunker65
25-May-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh my,.....I just came a little.:D

:lol:

That was funny !! Thanks for the laugh :D.

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 01:57 PM
:lol:

That was funny !! Thanks for the laugh :D.
tee hee, thanks for the trickle........:D

Cody
25-May-2006, 04:58 PM
while you people are all at it fighting and jank

I'll be drinking my prized weapon

http://www.dmgmedia.hu/galeria/vil_tablak/heineken.jpg

FleshMask
25-May-2006, 05:40 PM
Explosives, and fire type weapons...

-Explosives can devert attention
-Flamethrowers are silent weapons

burning and blowing up zombies is fun as well....

Guru ofthe Dead
26-May-2006, 04:13 AM
How about having Ashley Simpson sing to them, I bet their heads will explode from the **** poor singing.:D :cool:

bassman
26-May-2006, 01:04 PM
How about having Ashley Simpson sing to them, I bet their heads will explode from the **** poor singing.:D :cool:

Or their pants will explode from the....well....you can see where I'm going with this...

ipotts85
26-May-2006, 01:53 PM
12 gauge shotgun - hands down.

and ashlee simpson...for..um...
personal reasons.

FleshMask
26-May-2006, 08:03 PM
Ashley...

@#$% sakes, we could chunk the dumb @#$%! at the zombies...

She would be more useful then...

As for her being sexy...
remember the halloween episode where her friends went to a party dressed as sexy bunnies and cat girls...

Ashley went as Fat Bastard (from Austin Powers)... then went trick or treating on her own and avoided the party.

What a waste of a gift of sexy...
She has the mind of a @#$% two year old....

Duhduhdurrrrrr :confused:

Deadman_Deluxe
26-May-2006, 08:13 PM
M4 Socom / H&K MP5 SD / H&K G36 ... either with a Beta C MAG .... = one hundred "silent enough" shots :D

http://www.uws.com/CMAG/IMG/FullM16.jpg

http://www.uws.com/CMAG/IMG/MP5.jpeg

MAGAZINES: (Includes Operators Manual and Graphite Tube)
CCM000-3
C-MAG for AR15/M-16

CHH00-1
C-MAG for H&K 33/53

CHG000-1
C-MAG for H&K G36

CST000
C-MAG for Steyr AUG

CHM900
C-MAG for H&K MP5

MAGAZINES: Complete systems (Includes Loader, Pouch, Manual, Graphite and Screw Driver)
MCMS11
C-MAG for AR15/M-16 (Black Pouch)

MHHP06
C-MAG for H&K 33/53 (Black Pouch)

MHGP06
C-MAG for H&K G36 (Black Pouch)

MSTP06
C-MAG for Steyr AU (Black Pouch)

MHM901
C-MAG for H&K MP5 (Black Pouch)

ipotts85
26-May-2006, 08:18 PM
Ashley...

@#$% sakes, we could chunk the dumb @#$%! at the zombies...

She would be more useful then...

As for her being sexy...
remember the halloween episode where her friends went to a party dressed as sexy bunnies and cat girls...

Ashley went as Fat Bastard (from Austin Powers)... then went trick or treating on her own and avoided the party.

What a waste of a gift of sexy...
She has the mind of a @#$% two year old....

Duhduhdurrrrrr :confused:

you watched her show?

dude...

FleshMask
26-May-2006, 08:22 PM
Good point...

Curse you and your logically logic.... um logic...

I still stand on comment that Ashley would make a good projectile weapon and nothing more than that.

MaximusIncredulous
26-May-2006, 08:31 PM
It has been 5 years since the living dead destroyed your world, and you have been in hiding too long! it is time to take vengence apon the ghouls who ate your family and friends! you are looting through a gunshop, and while picking a pistol from below the counter, you accidentally finger a button that opens a trap door beneath you. you fall into a room filled with every kind of weapon imaginable! this must have been the previous owners secret stash! then on the shelf to you left, you a spot a shiny brand new (AH-64 Apache) with a nice big box of ammo next to it. its time to show those undead bastards whose boss!!!:elol: :elol:

Mike70
26-May-2006, 08:36 PM
a battle axe and a war hammer for that close in work. an automatic rifle of some sort for long range. i would try avoiding using guns as much as possible to avoid drawing even more zombies to my location. using a battle axe or hammer might involve a bit more risk, since you would have to get quite close to the zombies but i think the risk is balanced out by the reduction in noise.

kar98k
27-May-2006, 02:49 AM
deadman_delux i just realized... ur gun has boobs:lol: :lol: :lol:

general tbag
27-May-2006, 05:13 AM
close to mid range - g36 , sig 550 , steyr aug, ak-74
mid - long range - m-14

dont like .223 to much, but cant beat ammo capacity .

.308 for long range

sidearm socom .45 or high cap glock .

honestly the situations would very from urban compabt to long range country shooting like dawn that u need both . i even be so incliined to carry a small sub gun for those close quarter combat situation.

i be the hillbilly drink beer and shooting zombies .

Svengoolie
27-May-2006, 06:58 AM
I made a similar post about this not too long ago.

In the end, I think I'd go with a BAR.

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm

It's sturdy, reliable, has a decent ammo capacity, and is fairly accurate...and it fires a .30-06.

general tbag
27-May-2006, 10:49 AM

It's sturdy, reliable, has a decent ammo capacity, and is fairly accurate...and it fires a .30-06.

Data for M1918A2
Caliber: 7.62x63mm (.30-06 M2)
Weight: 8.8 kg empty
Length: 1214 mm
Length of barrel: 610 mm
Feeding: detachable box magazine, 20 rounds
Rate of fire: 450 or 650 rounds/min, selectable

'But the BAR M1918 was way too heavy for a shoulder fired weapon, being more that 2 times heavier than a bolt-action Springfield M1903 rifle and exactly 2 times heavier than a latter M1 Garand semiautomatic rifle. On the other hand, it was too light to be controllable in full automatic mode, especially when firing such a powerful round from a shouldered unsupported position.'

i think you get eaten pretty fast.

Combat Zombie
27-May-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd use a... combination AK-57 Oozy Radar Lazer Triple-Barreled Double-Scoped Heat-Seeking Interswamp Radioactive Scudbusting 30-30 10-gig side-by-each over-and-under missile launching flame throwing shotgun with cruise control. :cool:

Guru ofthe Dead
30-May-2006, 05:07 AM

Well I hate to say I kinda agree, but I would rather just have a 30-06 due to the of accuracy of the weapon. Plus with a long range scope it would be called see but don't be seen.:cool:

livingdead7
30-May-2006, 05:34 AM
A strong guy could manage, but most people would have trouble with a BAR. It's a heavier mg, and would pose problems to anyone. Maybe it's just me, but I dont think any type of mg is a soid choice againt zombies. I say a shotgun for close quarters fighting and dispatching hordes of cadavers, and some type of semi automatic rifle..maybe an old M1 Garand or something. Just my two cents.

a1150
30-May-2006, 07:59 AM
I'd take an M14 or Ruger mini 14, whichever the A Team uses. If it's good enough for Mr T it's good enough for me.

general tbag
30-May-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd take an M14 or Ruger mini 14, whichever the A Team uses. If it's good enough for Mr T it's good enough for me.

they were mini-14 gb with factory folders. those guns can take a beating but the accuracy is sub par fooooo...........jk

mista_mo
30-May-2006, 08:13 PM
An imperial Boltgun.

a gun that can fire self propelled bolts that explode inside the target a split second after entering it. totally awesome...but it'd be easier if I were a space marine...the recoil is a bitch.

Tullaryx
30-May-2006, 08:31 PM
Just ge me inside a fully-enclosed MK.VII Astartes Armor and put a chainsword in hand and I'm ready to rock and o'roll.

http://us.games-workshop.com/e-zine/issues/blackgobbo-16/necromunda/images/chainsword.jpg

Philly_SWAT
30-May-2006, 08:54 PM
I had always thought that a good weapons for up close combat would be a super expensive nail gun. Nails could be found at half the stores around, WalMArt, KMart, Ace hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, mom and pop hardware stores, etc. I am sure there are a lot more nails around than bullets, and in a zombie plague situation more people would take bulelts than nails. So one of those nail guns that shoot the nails so hard they would fly thru the air, and thru the brain, of an attacking zombie.

mista_mo
30-May-2006, 09:00 PM
Ahh, but Tullaryx, do you have the black carapace implanted? otherwise you can't interface properly with the armour. Heh...

Tactical Dreadnaut armour is teh way to go. Fully enclosed, and a full exoskeleton of adamantium rods to increase and supplement the wearers strength. gimmie that, a power fist and an assault cannon and you won't have anymore zombies.

Also, if I am overcome with visions of my beloved Primarch, I may enter the black rage amd become unstoppable in battle.

By the Blood of Sanguinius!

Svengoolie
30-May-2006, 09:08 PM
i think you get eaten pretty fast.

Don't count on it, general.

Unlike the majority of the people posting their choices here, I actually own the semi-automatic version of the BAR...and (to me) it's not that heavy, and the recoil is surprisingly manageable.:D

Eyebiter
30-May-2006, 09:17 PM
+5 throw and return meat cleaver

kar98k
31-May-2006, 03:42 AM
im gonna have to say the BAR's recoil would be a bit much. im a skinny little dork so it'd be hard enough for me to carry as it was. i'd have to go with an m-1 garand. dependable gun, good rate of fire. i wouldnt need more than 8 bullets in a clip, and im so flinchy i would probably waste all the ones in a fully autoweapon. if i had to have an auto, it'd probably be an AK-74 Kalasnikov. that gun has been the gun that has defeated the U.S. in the only two wars its lost (or is currently losing).http://www.odcmp.com/images/m1_small.jpg
http://harnoorchatha.tripod.com/harnoor_chatha/ak74.jpg

damn those are two beautiful weapons

general tbag
31-May-2006, 04:59 AM
+5 throw and return meat cleaver

holy gauntlet batman :)

Tullaryx
31-May-2006, 06:59 PM
Ahh, but Tullaryx, do you have the black carapace implanted? otherwise you can't interface properly with the armour. Heh...

Tactical Dreadnaut armour is teh way to go. Fully enclosed, and a full exoskeleton of adamantium rods to increase and supplement the wearers strength. gimmie that, a power fist and an assault cannon and you won't have anymore zombies.

Also, if I am overcome with visions of my beloved Primarch, I may enter the black rage amd become unstoppable in battle.

By the Blood of Sanguinius!

Of course I got the black carapace. No Astartes worth his salt would leave home without it. :)

glsjaw
31-May-2006, 09:05 PM
does an RPG-17 count

mista_mo
31-May-2006, 09:07 PM
Ahhh, I should hope soo my good man, otherwise you shall be relegated to the scout company :)

Heh...it's amazing, the difference in space marines in the game and when you read a story about em. They can take on like dozens upon dozens upon dozens of enemies in the fiction, but in the game 10 space marines can be slaughtered by a horde of imperial guardsmen. ahh well, so the game must be balanced eh ?

what do you collect?

a1150
31-May-2006, 09:21 PM
Does the Ark of the Covenant count?

dusk_of_the_dead
31-May-2006, 10:24 PM
i got two words for ya .................(Suck it??? nah).............................................. ........CHUCK NORRIS!!!! mwhahahahahahaha

Tullaryx
31-May-2006, 10:34 PM
Ahhh, I should hope soo my good man, otherwise you shall be relegated to the scout company :)

Heh...it's amazing, the difference in space marines in the game and when you read a story about em. They can take on like dozens upon dozens upon dozens of enemies in the fiction, but in the game 10 space marines can be slaughtered by a horde of imperial guardsmen. ahh well, so the game must be balanced eh ?

what do you collect?

Hmm, I have a 3000-point Dark Angel Army in addition to a 2000-point Necron. I also have enough figures to be able to field a 1500 point Daemonhunter army and working on a 2500-point IG army. On the fantasy side I have enough figures to field a Lizardman Army between 2500-3000 points and I'm working on an Ogres Kingdom army.

I'm actually looking forward to the Medusa V Summer Event. Hopefully I can get 5-8 games officially registered to count.

AcesandEights
01-Jun-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't know about the Garand, man. I love the rifle, but the thought of the last thing I hear as a living breathing human, aside from the moans of the hungry undead and the shredding of my own skin, is *PING*, after I take the last of my 5 shots :p

kar98k
01-Jun-2006, 01:17 AM
actually the M-1 Garand has an 8-10 round 'en-bloc' clip (depends on model of gun). unfortunately though,you cant remove the clip until the last round is fired though, so u gotta be careful with how long it takes you to reload. hey, if it won WWII its good enough for me. does anyone know where i can buy one?

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:B09tzhVZmIrkUM:http://www.metalcraftbyblair.com/images/imagecache/AMMO-003_big.jpg200x199

m-1 garand 8 round 'en bloc' clip

general tbag
01-Jun-2006, 02:39 AM
actually the M-1 Garand has an 8-10 round 'en-bloc' clip (depends on model of gun). unfortunately though,you cant remove the clip until the last round is fired though, so u gotta be careful with how long it takes you to reload. hey, if it won WWII its good enough for me. does anyone know where i can buy one?

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:B09tzhVZmIrkUM:http://www.metalcraftbyblair.com/images/imagecache/AMMO-003_big.jpg200x199

m-1 garand 8 round 'en bloc' clip

why would you want such an inferior product when your life depends on it/?

actually if ww2 would of went on the 20 round box adaptor would of been isssued as 8 rounds didnt cut it.it was later scrapped as the war end and just redesigned into the m14

p2501
01-Jun-2006, 06:43 PM
a pitchfork wrapped with bacon.

no really.

a ruger 10/22 bipoded and scoped.
a sig sauer p229.
a decent kukri
and an ASP baton.

light, durable, quite and fast.

Adrenochrome
01-Jun-2006, 08:03 PM
Goodness Gracious!, Mr. Tea Bag has the Puuuuurrrrfect weapon.......although.........I'd rather have THIS as protection!!!: (http://www.palanci.com/anket/asia.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.palanci.com/anket/asia.jpg
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Argento.

Goodness Gracious!, Mr. Tea Bag has the Puuuuurrrrfect weapon.......although.........I'd rather have THIS as protection!!!: Oh My! Same weapon!!!!!

nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bassman
01-Jun-2006, 08:11 PM
Goodness Gracious!, Mr. Tea Bag has the Puuuuurrrrfect weapon.......although.........I'd rather have THIS as protection!!!: (http://www.palanci.com/anket/asia.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!

nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Speaking of Argento.....what happened to Faltraz?

mmmm.......Asia Argento...

Eyebiter
01-Jun-2006, 10:07 PM
There are very few gunsmiths out there that will convert a M1 Garand to use BAR magazines in 30-06. It's not popular because the BAR 20rd magazine isn't very reliable, and the resulting rifles tend to have feed and function issues.

A more popular conversion is to get a .308 aftermarket full sized barrel. Much more reliable than the .308 M1 "Tanker" conversions or the 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) conversions that use a M1 Garand receiver and Italian BM-59 parts.

Odd note - some of the pistol grip and folding stocks used for the various BM-59 and 62 rifle variants can be used on a stock M1 Garand. Some inletting on the handguards may be required. But it will look very different from a standard rifle.

8 round M1 garand clip
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:kAPb3gdHypiEAM:www.tapco.com/item_pics/md/MAG3602_md.jpg

AcesandEights
01-Jun-2006, 10:27 PM

Ahhhhh, my new desktop image. Thank you! :D

Citizen Carrier
03-Jun-2006, 12:22 PM
Settled this question in discussions with a friend of mine almost a decade ago.

Longarm: Either M4/CAR-15 or AK-47 variant with forward pistol grip. Pressure switch activated laser sight. Pressure switch on forward pistol grip, laser emitter mounted via clamp under the muzzle. Laser sight used for close-up, low light situations with laser dot zeroed in to deliver head shots at 50-75 feet.

C-More holographic sight mounted on upper scope rail. This is for brighter daylight shooting and is zeroed to deliver headshots at 75-100 yards, but in reality only the M4/CAR-15 could deliver that kind of accuracy. AKs not as accurate, but could deliver pelvis-breaking mobility-kill shots at those ranges.

Reliable high capacity drum magazines of either 100 rounds for M4/CAR-15 or 75 round drums for AK variant.

Pistol: I'd have to go with a High Standard Supermatic Trophy or Citation. I'm a competitor in bowling pin matches held occassionally at Ohio State U. and I managed to knock down 5 pins at 25 feet with six shots in 3.57 seconds a couple weeks ago. Not hard to figure out why I'd want to be able to hit targets about as big as a bowling pin as quickly and accurately as that at close range. Pistol equipped with Ultradot scope and loaded with high velocity .22 long rifle cartridges. Maybe 10 ten round magazines.

Secondary pistol: Beretta M92FS 9mm with Crimson Trace laser emitting sight.

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Jun-2006, 12:14 AM
The hulk, with some laser beams strapped on his head ... and a big bag of assorted amphetamines.

Backed up by those skanky pirates from THE FOG and the bride of frankenstein.

PaZuZu
11-Jun-2006, 07:42 PM
That'd be the AKS-74U chambered in 7.62x39. (Not that pussy 5.45x39)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Ak47u.jpg

It's short, light, and quick to aim, and with 7.62 it's got reasonable stopping power for the accidental torso shots, as well as a guaranteed put-down in a head shot.

http://www.alliedarms.co.za/pics/213%20Norinco2.gif

And as for side-arm, I'd be fine a with a Norinco 213 9mm. It doesn't have the best ammo capacity, or stopping power, but all you need to dismantle and clean it is the butt end of it's magazine and an old toothbrush.

Guru ofthe Dead
12-Jun-2006, 05:52 AM
Ah! Yes Asia. If you would like to see more of those mamory glands check out B. Monkey she shows them off several times. Great movie.:D

Maitreya
12-Jun-2006, 07:49 AM
i got two words for ya .................(Suck it??? nah).............................................. ........CHUCK NORRIS!!!! mwhahahahahahaha

Very well played, but honestly, I'd just get the +8 armor of Zombie immunity and the +10 sword of Zombie-killing, could they really stand a chance?

I mean, especially once I level up Magic Missile...

Ok, I suck at that, but seriously, you guys talking about predator suck with your weapon selection, I'd take the shoulder-mounted plasma cannon that the yautja use and watch it blow them up with super-burning efficiency, with the occasional (Ok, a lot of times) manual control.

general tbag
14-Jun-2006, 05:53 AM
Settled this question in discussions with a friend of mine almost a decade ago.

Longarm: Either M4/CAR-15 or AK-47 variant with forward pistol grip. Pressure switch activated laser sight. Pressure switch on forward pistol grip, laser emitter mounted via clamp under the muzzle. Laser sight used for close-up, low light situations with laser dot zeroed in to deliver head shots at 50-75 feet.

C-More holographic sight mounted on upper scope rail. This is for brighter daylight shooting and is zeroed to deliver headshots at 75-100 yards, but in reality only the M4/CAR-15 could deliver that kind of accuracy. AKs not as accurate, but could deliver pelvis-breaking mobility-kill shots at those ranges.

Reliable high capacity drum magazines of either 100 rounds for M4/CAR-15 or 75 round drums for AK variant.

Pistol: I'd have to go with a High Standard Supermatic Trophy or Citation. I'm a competitor in bowling pin matches held occassionally at Ohio State U. and I managed to knock down 5 pins at 25 feet with six shots in 3.57 seconds a couple weeks ago. Not hard to figure out why I'd want to be able to hit targets about as big as a bowling pin as quickly and accurately as that at close range. Pistol equipped with Ultradot scope and loaded with high velocity .22 long rifle cartridges. Maybe 10 ten round magazines.

Secondary pistol: Beretta M92FS 9mm with Crimson Trace laser emitting sight.

there is a difference between controlled enviroment shooting and flat out warfare. m4 vs ak , not even a debate when it comes to real life combat. lasers , disco balls , and jack in the boxes wont get u anything if u gun is always jamming .

there is a reason why the army is shying away from the m16/m4 line eventually and even the beretta. even .223 will be replaced.

Graebel
14-Jun-2006, 11:07 AM
Not that I would use it, but I loved the opening to LOTD when the guy said he put a curling iron through his wife's head. I immediately got this image of housewives armed with curling irons and meat forks headed out to do battle.

In a pinch I would go with what I can shoot the best, and break down and clean pretty effing fast too. M16A Service rifle. I was a Marine, so shoot me.

In a perfect world I'd be throwing on some Mjolnir armor - lets see the zombie hordes bite through that ****.

Eyebiter
14-Jun-2006, 04:16 PM
Don't know about the CMORE red dot sight. While it might be ok for sport use, since it's made out of plastic would be way too easy to damage it. Ended up selling it and got an Aimpoint COMP ML instead.

benjamin03
14-Jun-2006, 05:41 PM
this could be an iddiotic question , but it seems like a lot of you know alot about weapons and stuff . So my questoin is what's the difference between an M4 and a AR15 , i know an AR-15 is a shorter m16 but isn't a M4 too and they look so much alike ??? i'm sorry if u are getting irritated by a probably stupid noob question but i would like to know the answer .;)

Svengoolie
14-Jun-2006, 06:55 PM
To Eyebiter:

I see you mentioned how the BAR 20 rd mags aren't reliable and have feed issues.

My question to you is--are these mags having these problems when they're the ones being used in the M1, or are they having problems in general?

Adrenochrome
14-Jun-2006, 07:09 PM
To Eyebiter:

I see you mentioned how the BAR 20 rd mags aren't reliable and have feed issues.

My question to you is--are these mags having these problems when they're the ones being used in the M1, or are they having problems in general?
Read the reports on them

Eyebiter
14-Jun-2006, 11:50 PM
To Eyebiter:

From what I've found out, it's more of an issue when the magazines are used in the M1 Garand conversions.

Here's the google search, several articles will show up on the first page
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=m1+garand+bar+magazine+conversion

general tbag
15-Jun-2006, 12:16 AM
this could be an iddiotic question , but it seems like a lot of you know alot about weapons and stuff . So my questoin is what's the difference between an M4 and a AR15 , i know an AR-15 is a shorter m16 but isn't a M4 too and they look so much alike ??? i'm sorry if u are getting irritated by a probably stupid noob question but i would like to know the answer .;)

well the difference between a m16 and ar-15 is the classification.

m16 is military, meaning full auto and recently tri burst .
ar-15 is civilain so semi auto only.

the m4 is a reworked m-16 sporting a shorter barrel, and collapsable stock .

m4/m16/ar15 look great and all but the system of how it operates really lacks.

MapMan
15-Jun-2006, 02:00 AM
.45 HK UMP Assault rifle

12G Mossberg shotgun

.45 PT945 pistol

.308 Steyer Scout 1 Sniper rifle

raym
15-Jun-2006, 03:31 PM
Flamethrower ^_^

The image of rows and rows of burning, slow-walking bodies is so surreal O_O:skull:

general tbag
15-Jun-2006, 05:27 PM
Flamethrower ^_^

The image of rows and rows of burning, slow-walking bodies is so surreal O_O:skull:

molotov cocktails are a proven effective zombie weapon to .

Danny
18-Jun-2006, 05:08 AM
acatapult,somewatermelonsandhelpfromgallagher,duri ngwhichan obeseblackguyfrommahattansitsonacoucheatingpopcorn hecklingthe zombieswhileaduckdressedlikedarthvadercutsthrought heundead crowdmakingnoiseslikethepenguinfromthe60'sversiono fbatmanandallthewhileslashplaysasoloof''sweetchild ofmine''ontopofaflamingoilbarrel.

....sorry i just thought this thread was getting too serious.:D

benjamin03
18-Jun-2006, 03:56 PM
well the difference between a m16 and ar-15 is the classification.

m16 is military, meaning full auto and recently tri burst .
ar-15 is civilain so semi auto only.

the m4 is a reworked m-16 sporting a shorter barrel, and collapsable stock .

thank you so much ! :)

kar98k
18-Jun-2006, 11:22 PM

ahmen to that, what the f*ck is wrong with the m-16's firing mechanisim??? jesus christ that weapon all together is a disaster waiting to happen. i can't believe they actually let those guys go out to Iraq and fight with those things...

general tbag
19-Jun-2006, 05:22 AM
ahmen to that, what the f*ck is wrong with the m-16's firing mechanisim??? jesus christ that weapon all together is a disaster waiting to happen. i can't believe they actually let those guys go out to Iraq and fight with those things...

it that blasted gas system. the army was to stubborn to adopt the ar-18, which would of put them years ahead. look at the g36 almost a exact copy of the ar-18 internals. it looking like the hk416 or 417 and or scars will be the next military weapon to go into service. it really baffles me why they dont buy off the shelf , the g36, sig 550, and even steyr aug have all been battle tested.