PDA

View Full Version : Dawn poster books

jded
20-Oct-2009, 07:05 PM
Who's got one of the Dawn of the Dead poster books? A few years ago they were available thru Tom Savini's website savini.com but I never purchased one. I've checked back a few times and it looks like they sold out of them.
Know where to get one these days? :skull: :skull: :skull:

SymphonicX
21-Oct-2009, 09:30 AM
a few years ago? dude that was a decade ago!!! hehe

I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree - but one was damaged in a flood but I can't remember which....

jded
21-Oct-2009, 07:17 PM
I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree

You lucky dog you! You saying you got yours back in the 70's when the film was running?
It was like I remember sometime around 03 that Tom was offering them on his website.

kortick
21-Oct-2009, 07:31 PM
they are as ugly as all hell
really not impressive except for 'collector' value.

I got rid of most of my Romero collection,
Cap got a bunch of it, if i find another poster book
Ill send it to you.

dont waste your money buying one,
in my opinion they are not worth it.

now i will allow the fact that others have
the complete opposite view as me, and u
can listen to whom you choose.

There is one on Ebay right now for $95 signed
by Savini. Go for it if u want it.

capncnut
21-Oct-2009, 07:38 PM
Cap got a bunch of it
I'm still ploughing through that monster package you sent me, seriously it was as big as a fucking TV...

jded
21-Oct-2009, 09:21 PM
a few years ago? dude that was a decade ago!!! hehe

I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree - but one was damaged in a flood but I can't remember which....
That's two better than I got. I'd love to have those guys in my collection. Did you meet 'em?

they are as ugly as all hell
really not impressive except for 'collector' value.

Cap got a bunch of it, if i find another poster book
Ill send it to you.

dont waste your money buying one,
in my opinion they are not worth it.

now i will allow the fact that others have
the complete opposite view as me, and u
can listen to whom you choose.

There is one on Ebay right now for $95 signed
by Savini. Go for it if u want it.
I'll have to take you up on that. If anything it'd be a neat companion for collecting autographs from our four favorite heroes. Keep me informed.

I'm still ploughing through that monster package you sent me, seriously it was as big as a fucking TV...
Hey bro I'll give you a hand. Whatever you do don't let it find it's way into your next yard sale.

axlish
21-Oct-2009, 10:00 PM
The poster art inside the poster book is nothing short of beautiful, not to be written off as mere collector value.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_m0YtPN5vgmI/SQ4FU7O01fI/AAAAAAAAI-4/htGkEiXyIDA/s800/POSTER%20-%20DAWN%20OF%20THE%20DEAD%20(2).JPG

Neil
22-Oct-2009, 02:12 PM
Who's got one of the Dawn of the Dead poster books? A few years ago they were available thru Tom Savini's website savini.com but I never purchased one. I've checked back a few times and it looks like they sold out of them.
Know where to get one these days? :skull: :skull: :skull:

You mean one of these :) http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/dawnpb.html

SymphonicX
22-Oct-2009, 03:13 PM
That's two better than I got. I'd love to have those guys in my collection. Did you meet 'em?

yeah at a convention in Birmingham a few years back....you could get them quite easily off ebay for a while.

I seem to remember Tom Savini had found a bunch of them in his attic in like 1997 and was offering them on his website...I only remember that well because I had to use my college's internet to access the site which was on Windows 3.1 - I had no internets to speak of....I left that college in 98...

but in answer to the previous question - I was unfortunately a couple of years from being concieved when Dawn was released :)

jded
23-Oct-2009, 03:27 PM
You mean one of these :)

Yep! Das de one.

I need to find me one. I have a t-shirt, playing cards, and a 2001 convention poster from the Monroeville Mall. The poster book would go good with what I have.

Neil
23-Oct-2009, 03:37 PM
Yep! Das de one.

I need to find me one. I have a t-shirt, playing cards, and a 2001 convention poster from the Monroeville Mall. The poster book would go good with what I have.

They're on ebay, but not cheap...

bassman
23-Oct-2009, 03:46 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_m0YtPN5vgmI/SQ4FU7O01fI/AAAAAAAAI-4/htGkEiXyIDA/s800/POSTER%20-%20DAWN%20OF%20THE%20DEAD%20(2).JPG

Has anyone ever seen this poster for sale anywhere? If i'm not mistaken, that's the same as the slip cover in the Warhol DVD. I've wanted it for a long time but never seen it...

axlish
23-Oct-2009, 09:38 PM
Has anyone ever seen this poster for sale anywhere? If i'm not mistaken, that's the same as the slip cover in the Warhol DVD. I've wanted it for a long time but never seen it...

Yeah. It is contained inside said poster book that the thread is about.

bassman
23-Oct-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah. It is contained inside said poster book that the thread is about.

:lol:

I was meaning more of a reprint. Just that one poster sold at an online or in store retailer...

axlish
24-Oct-2009, 12:14 AM
:lol:

I was meaning more of a reprint. Just that one poster sold at an online or in store retailer...

I think the actual item can be had for under $40. I haven't ever seen a reprint floating around.

DubiousComforts
24-Oct-2009, 12:38 PM
Tom Savini may still have the posterbook available in person, just not on his web site. He had copies available as recently as early last year at a Dallas convention. Savini usually asks that you buy one of his own items, and he'll sign your item for free. So not finding any photos of interest at the time, I picked up another copy of the posterbook. To be honest, most convention-goers these days aren't all that interested in authentic DAWN merchandise, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to give the posterbook more than a glance that weekend.

kortick
24-Oct-2009, 03:05 PM
They are available at most large conventions,
and I know that store in Times Square that sells
all those incredible collectors items has them plus
a ton of other stuff.

And as far as that poster...ugly dont even begin to
describe it.
Christ if it was a girl it would be a 3 bagger.
1 bag for her head, one bag for your head so
you wouldnt accidently see her, and one more
bag for any unfortunate person who unknowingly
walked into the room.

DubiousComforts
24-Oct-2009, 03:30 PM
Christ if it was a girl it would be a 3 bagger.
What if it was a guy?

axlish
30-Oct-2009, 11:08 AM
Here is one up on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/DAWN-OF-THE-DEAD-Official-Poster-Book-Vintage-78-Romero_W0QQitemZ200399933321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea8c44f89

axlish
07-Nov-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey Bassman, here is a reprint for sale on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-Dawn-of-the-Dead-B-MOVIE-POSTER_W0QQitemZ150386903005QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303c207dd