PDA

View Full Version : I Spit On Your Grave remake

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 07:19 PM
Yup, you read it right. The remake of I Spit On Your Grave begins shooting this monday with Steven R. Monroe (who?) behind the camera.

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17902) for article.

Seems like there's no end to this remake malarky. :rolleyes:

JDFP
30-Oct-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, finally a remake that is almost 100% guaranteed to not be any worse than the original. It would be an amazing feat of film-making to make a film any more terrible.

Then again, I could always be surprised at how atrocious it could actually be.

j.p.

MoonSylver
30-Oct-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, finally a remake that is almost 100% guaranteed to not be any worse than the original. It would be an amazing feat of film-making to make a film any more terrible.

Then again, I could always be surprised at how atrocious it could actually be.

j.p.

Nope, it'll be worse. The thing that the original had going for it (such as it is) is it's low-tech exploitation-ism. Any remake of such fare will be A) of a decent budget & B) neutered to fit modern PC sensibilities, & thus destined to fail right out of the gate.

SymphonicX
19-Sep-2011, 07:24 AM
bit of thread necromancy if you like...

Saw this a while ago and wanted to see if anyone had seen it here? Thought it was much better - definitely more believable. No scenes of her leading a guy into a bath for a cuddle after that ordeal, and no sillyness of her convincing the guy with learning difficulties to put his head in a noose, in fact the real tangiable difference is instantly felt in the portrayal of the "retard" - because the stereotype in the original was very much a "retard" by ugly social definition - the character in the remake is very much someone with learning difficulties...much better overall, deaths are better, its more emotional...couldn't complain about this one tbh!