PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Dead RETURNS

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 07:40 PM
Sam Raimi's timeless classic The Evil Dead is to return to selected theatres for a limited run in the US and Canada.

“Nothing can prepare an audience for what they are about to see, because nothing punishes an audience like EVIL DEAD - especially on the big screen,” says Bruce Campbell. “I’m really glad it’s back. People are gonna be hurt.”

Clicky here (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/10/28/evil-dead-will-return-to-the-big-screen/) and here (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17891).

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2009, 07:55 PM
Damn!

Midnight movie run! I may actually be able to get some people to go for this. Very nice find, Cap :D

bassman
30-Oct-2009, 07:59 PM
If it were Army of Darkness I would be there...

darth los
30-Oct-2009, 07:59 PM
This is what really caught my eye:

If this takes off, hopefully this will make way for other classics to be brought back to the big screen on a circuit level. Read on to see the press release.

I would support this venture and go see it simply in the hopes that will happen. Most of the movies i love and we talk about on this site i never saw in theaters or was just too young to go. With the suckage that hollywood is offering nowdays it would be beneficial to us as wel as the youngin's so that they may see what a well made film actually looks like.

Wouldn't it be crazy to see NOTLD or DAWn remastered and on the big screen? :hyper:

:cool:

bassman
30-Oct-2009, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't it be crazy to see NOTLD or DAWn remastered and on the big screen? :hyper:

I saw Night on the big screen about two weeks back. And oh yes...it was cool.:cool: But Dawn or Day? I would give my left testicle to see those on the big screen.

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 08:03 PM
Saw Dawn on the big screen a way back, this was back when I used to smoke dope. Had a doob in my mouth and was so gobsmacked it remained unlit throught the whole damn film. :lol:

zombie04
31-Oct-2009, 01:52 AM
But Dawn or Day? I would give my left testicle to see those on the big screen.

Be careful what you wish for Bass. Be very careful!

But I can say watching Evil Dead in theaters is certainly the way to see it. A few years ago they put it in a few theaters when Campbell's The Man with Two Brains came out on Halloween. To say the least it was an experience I won't forget, primarily because I was the only one in the theater!

Other classics I caught on the big screen were Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween. I missed Blade Runner last year though. Talk about a major regret!