PDA

View Full Version : Tales From The Darkside Marathon

jded
05-Nov-2009, 03:26 PM
The chiller channel has got these on for awhile today the 5th of November. Went to bed last night falling asleep to John Carpenter Presents Vampires: Los Muertos and woke up to the eery music and unforgettable voice over to Tales From The Darkside the series.
The Directv channel is 257 and the half hour tales are playing until 2:30 pm.
Anytime I get the chance to watch these I end up discovering a long lost actor or two from a well known horror movie. They may have got their start there or went on to greater things. To give you an example I caught the whole episode called "False Prophet" and wouldn't you know it, there's what's her name from A Nightmare on Elm Street. Ronee Blakley who played Nancy's mom.
There's all kinds of 'em to test your brain with in trying to remember their names. Who is that? I know that guy. What was she in? Damn he looks so familiar, that's... I know it, it's right on the tip of my tongue...

Mike70
05-Nov-2009, 06:24 PM
chiller plays the hell out of tales from the darkside. it's on there rather often. "freddy's nightmares" is another show that you can find on there pretty regularly.

MikePizzoff
05-Nov-2009, 06:56 PM
God damn it, I gotta get the cable hooked up in the upstairs portion of this house! I just discovered we have Chiller here!!!

jded
05-Nov-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but over here where I'm at it shows way early in the morning around 4 or 5 am. Since it first hit the airways back in the 80's it has always been on at very odd times and I always seemed to miss it.

I used to watch Freddy's Nightmares all the time and now these days it comes across as a disaster from the writing side and Freddy seems misplaced throughout.

chiller plays the hell out of tales from the darkside. it's on there rather often. "freddy's nightmares" is another show that you can find on there pretty regularly.

Mike70
05-Nov-2009, 10:27 PM
I used to watch Freddy's Nightmares all the time and now these days it comes across as a disaster from the writing side and Freddy seems misplaced throughout.

a lot of those episodes are total shit but there is a nostalgia value too it.

ever seen "nightmare cafe?" that was a bizarre show.

jded
06-Nov-2009, 12:45 AM
No I did not see that one. Is "Nightmare Cafe" a Freddy's Nightmares episode?
a lot of those episodes are total shit but there is a nostalgia value too it.

ever seen "nightmare cafe?" that was a bizarre show.

Mike70
06-Nov-2009, 12:51 AM
No I did not see that one. Is "Nightmare Cafe" a Freddy's Nightmares episode?

nope. it was a 6 episode series created by wes craven. it was strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_Cafe

bassman
06-Nov-2009, 12:18 PM
Chiller plays TFDS a lot. Almost everyday it seems.

Chiller would be okay if they didn't show so much made-for-tv crap. Every once in a while it's a good movie or show, but more often than not it's garbage.

MikePizzoff
06-Nov-2009, 05:02 PM
So, last night we got our cable hooked up (finally)! Of course, today on Chiller is just a marathon of some show called Night Visions. I haven't watched much of it, but so far it just seems like a modern-day-watered-down Twilight Zone. At least it's hosted by Rollins!

Mike70
06-Nov-2009, 06:55 PM
So, last night we got our cable hooked up (finally)! Of course, today on Chiller is just a marathon of some show called Night Visions. I haven't watched much of it, but so far it just seems like a modern-day-watered-down Twilight Zone. At least it's hosted by Rollins!

that's exactly what night visions is, a watered down twilight zone. there are a couple of decent eps but overall is blah.

rollins is totally wasted as host of the show in ways that should be criminal.