PDA

View Full Version : Forget Freddy

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 01:21 AM
All this talk about the new Nightmare on Elm Street got me thinking...

You know, if I were to pick a favorite Wes Craven film, or one of his films that I would like to see remade, it wouldn't be the Nightmare series. (To be honest, I was never a huge fan of slasher-style flicks) Hands down, I would pick The People Under the Stairs.

I enjoy this one to no end. The scenes where Fool and Roach are running around inside the walls while The Man is dressed in full leather, shotgun toting gimp attaire... OMFG Awesome stuff.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/45HL34/PeopleUnderthestairs2-1.jpg

I've always felt this one was way under rated. :mad:

Mike70
06-Nov-2009, 02:34 AM
i've always thought that "the serpent and the rainbow" was craven's best film by far. that film is simply amazing on a multitude of levels.

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 02:37 AM
i've always thought that "the serpent and the rainbow" was craven's best film by far. that film is simply amazing on a multitude of levels.

That one is indeed fantastic. To good to be remade, actually. Thats one of those movies you hope Hollywood forgets about it.

JDFP
06-Nov-2009, 02:44 AM
"The People Under The Stairs"? Seriously? This is not only the worst film that I think Wes Craven did, but one of the most stupid and silliest films I have ever seen. I wouldn't call it a horror flick, because it's not scary in the least (except maybe the scene where the girl is thrown into a bathtub of boiling water) and it's too stupid to be considered a horror-comedy. It was just an atrociously bad movie....

As far as a re-make of this flick, I say sure, bring it on, it can't possibly be any worse than the original, which is just an absolutely badly done movie. Then again, I've said that about other re-makes ("can't be worse than the original") and I've been proven wrong in many circumstances...

j.p.

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 02:48 AM
"The People Under The Stairs"? Seriously? This is not only the worst film that I think Wes Craven did, but one of the most stupid and silliest films I have ever seen. I wouldn't call it a horror flick, because it's not scary in the least (except maybe the scene where the girl is thrown into a bathtub of boiling water) and it's too stupid to be considered a horror-comedy. It was just an atrociously bad movie....

As far as a re-make of this flick, I say sure, bring it on, it can't possibly be any worse than the original, which is just an absolutely badly done movie. Then again, I've said that about other re-makes ("can't be worse than the original") and I've been proven wrong in many circumstances...

j.p.

Don't hold back or anything ;)

I realize its not scary, I personally don't find Romero's films to be scary but I enjoy them none the less. I simply find it to be a fun watch with a premise that could be scary if remade correctly.

acealive1
06-Nov-2009, 03:32 AM
Shocker!!

clanglee
06-Nov-2009, 03:45 AM
Ummm. . .The Hills Have Eyes!!!!!. . .no wait. . ummmmmmm. . . . .Last House on the Left!!!!!!. . . damn!! ummmmmm. . . . Scream 3?

kortick
06-Nov-2009, 04:47 AM
People Under the Stairs amused
me cuz it came out at the same time
Twin Peaks was on TV and Mommy and Daddy
in the movie were played by the same actors
who played Ed and Nadine Hurley on the show.

I kept waiting for her to yell "where are my drape
runners Ed?!!!!"

Oh and on a side note, I find that Judge Judy
with that screeching voice of hers to be the
best form of birth control.
She could cause spontaneous miscarraiges.

If i have to hear her one more time declare
how smart she is or tell someone to shut up
she is gonna get some Robo-Justice.

http://i35.tinypic.com/52h0s6.jpg

JDFP
06-Nov-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh and on a side note, I find that Judge Judy
with that screeching voice of hers to be the
best form of birth control.
She could cause spontaneous miscarraiges.

If J.J. serves as a form of birth control for folks, that's a good thing, as unfortunately most situations on her show wouldn't come into being if the people on there had shown restraint by using birth-control in the first place (or had parents that had spared humanity their spawn by using it). J.J. is one of my heroes though. :)

I do dig the Robo picture though, that's more groovy than lemon pie with vanilla ice cream...

j.p.

Andy
06-Nov-2009, 02:10 PM
I loved the first wishmaster movie, thats my favourite wes craven movie and again very under rated i think..

Danny
06-Nov-2009, 02:15 PM
i've always thought that "the serpent and the rainbow" was craven's best film by far. That film is simply amazing on a multitude of levels.

^this.

bassman
06-Nov-2009, 02:55 PM
Never been a fan of Craven and Elm Street is really "meh" to me. In fact....he's such a mediocre director imo, I would have that say either Scream or Red Eye are his best.:stunned:

I'm surprised to hear myself say that....

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 03:42 PM
People Under the Stairs amused
me cuz it came out at the same time
Twin Peaks was on TV and Mommy and Daddy
in the movie were played by the same actors
who played Ed and Nadine Hurley on the show.

I kept waiting for her to yell "where are my drape
runners Ed?!!!!"

The Mommy and Daddy characters really did make the film. I read somewhere that the couple had been cast because of their work on Peaks.

rongravy
16-Nov-2009, 03:16 AM
I agree. I went through the list and that was the best. I also saw he did Vampire in Brooklyn? He should be caned for that.

acealive1
16-Nov-2009, 04:12 AM
I agree. I went through the list and that was the best. I also saw he did Vampire in Brooklyn? He should be caned for that.

no, he should be caned for "they"