PDA

View Full Version : Dead Talk Radio

deadwrtr
27-May-2006, 05:49 AM
Howdy you all,

I'm starting up a small podcast show based on horror fiction. Basically, the premise is, I read short stories on the "air" (with the writers permission of course) as well as many other interesting tidbits related to horror fiction (or non fiction, if the shoe fits). The stories won't be strictly zombie based, but since I love them so, they will certainly be an integral part.

I figure each "show" will last about 60-90 mins (depending on the length and amount of material) and will be done every week.

Thoughts?

Anyone interested, please email me at deadwrtr@yahoo.com.

Svengoolie
27-May-2006, 06:29 AM
This actually sounds cool....and I think it would be even better if you could get a couple of other people together and do a radio play out of it.

;)

benjamin03
27-May-2006, 09:32 AM
I'd certainly download that !!

deadwrtr
27-May-2006, 10:44 AM
This actually sounds cool....and I think it would be even better if you could get a couple of other people together and do a radio play out of it.

;)

Like the old time radio shows? That's not a bad idea... but would be a lot more work. In the stories I'd read, I'd use sound effects to enhance the experience.

Deadman_Deluxe
27-May-2006, 02:07 PM
In the stories I'd read, I'd use sound effects to enhance the experience.

You could run my Alpha_Dog : BLACK CORPSE TRANSMISSIONS V1.3 album in the background and narrate over the top of it, that would be just about "perfick" :D

deadwrtr
27-May-2006, 03:54 PM
You could run my Alpha_Dog : BLACK CORPSE TRANSMISSIONS V1.3 album in the background and narrate over the top of it, that would be just about "perfick" :D

You beat me to the punch... I was going to email you and ask if I could use it.

Weird... you're not psychic or anything, are you? :)

Of course, I will be sure to give props to the creator of the music.

Adrenochrome
27-May-2006, 04:06 PM
I'd love to listen to that...I love those "old time radio show" type things. I listen to Orson Wells read War of the Worlds around Halloween - found a great copy online!

Deadman_Deluxe
27-May-2006, 06:42 PM
You beat me to the punch... I was going to email you and ask if I could use it.

Weird... you're not psychic or anything, are you? :)

Of course, I will be sure to give props to the creator of the music.

Undecided on the psychic part, but i have a gut feeling that you WILL email me, in advance, in regards to "props" and/or "official credit information" IF you decide to go ahead and use ADBCTV1.3 as the ambient backdrop to your own narration :D

Either way, good luck with your project and i look forward to hearing more about it!

anything @ lungworm . net

Arcades057
28-May-2006, 02:52 AM
That sounds like a fun idea. You're free to use anything of mine you'd want for it. Also if you need anything else let me know. :)

deadwrtr
28-May-2006, 05:32 AM
That sounds like a fun idea. You're free to use anything of mine you'd want for it. Also if you need anything else let me know. :)

I think a SEAT serial might just be thankfully received by audiences everywhere (and the adverts won't hurt either. :) I'll email you soon with more info... can you PM me an email address?

I finally decided on a name for the show. Midnight library. No matter what time it is, it's always MIDNIGHT.