PDA

View Full Version : Video Review: Contamination

krakenslayer
23-Nov-2009, 09:02 PM
I was bored today so I threw together a short video review of Contamination by Luigi Cozzi. A lot of people hate this movie, but I have a real soft spot for it:

YJjhbk5FLQ0

capncnut
23-Nov-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, not a bad film. Starcrash is Cozzi's best though. David Hasselhoff, Caroline Munro, Joe Spinell and Christopher Plummer in a cheap-assed sci-fi turd. What's not to like? :cool:

krakenslayer
23-Nov-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, not a bad film. Starcrash is Cozzi's best though. David Hasselhoff, Caroline Munro, Joe Spinell and Christopher Plummer in a cheap-assed sci-fi turd. What's not to like? :cool:

That's the Star Wars meets Flash Gordon meets exploding candy shop one, right? With the unauthorized, lawsuit-baiting lightsabres and ships that shoot torpedoes that spit out soldiers?

I've not seen it yet, but I was reading about it lately. I really wanna see it.

MoonSylver
23-Nov-2009, 10:24 PM
Starcrash is Cozzi's best though. David Hasselhoff, Caroline Munro, Joe Spinell and Christopher Plummer in a cheap-assed sci-fi turd. What's not to like? :cool:

Starcrash is The Shit. Take that how you will...:lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzfuNSpP0RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzfuNSpP0RA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

capncnut
23-Nov-2009, 10:33 PM
I've not seen it yet, but I was reading about it lately. I really wanna see it.
Keep your eyes peeled, Krackers. It's on terrestrial TV once a year, usually Channel Four.

krakenslayer
23-Nov-2009, 10:40 PM
Keep your eyes peeled, Krackers. It's on terrestrial TV once a year, usually Channel Four.

I'll keep an eye out. I'll try and find the DVD too, if that's too expensive I can always, um, procure a copy via other channels.

Anyway, re: Contamination, am I the only one who thinks Ian McCulloch looked a lot like Roger Moore in his younger days?

fulci fan
04-Dec-2009, 08:57 AM
One of the best sci fi films ever.

krakenslayer
04-Dec-2009, 09:07 AM
One of the best sci fi films ever.

Star Crash or Contamination?

EvilNed
04-Dec-2009, 09:49 PM
I love Contamination. I watched it last winter and I was reeaaally pleased with having discoevered yet another golden, italian gem!

fulci fan
09-Dec-2009, 10:57 PM
Star Crash or Contamination?

Contamination. Haven't seen Starcrash yet...:(

krakenslayer
10-Dec-2009, 11:24 AM
Contamination. Haven't seen Starcrash yet...:(

Yeah, as you can tell from my review, I thought Contamination was great fun. I'm totally up for Starcrash now.

capncnut
10-Dec-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm totally up for Starcrash now.
It's great. :cool:

Actually, if you can find Maniac with Joe Spinell flying around on the cheap pick it up. There's a rare radio interview on there with Spinell and Caroline Munro, who both starred in Starcrash, and they talk about it a little bit. Also the executive producer of Maniac, Munro's husband, Judd Hamilton, was an actor in the film too. Quite a big ol' tangled web, matey.

krakenslayer
10-Dec-2009, 12:51 PM
It's great. :cool:

Actually, if you can find Maniac with Joe Spinell flying around on the cheap pick it up. There's a rare radio interview on there with Spinell and Caroline Munro, who both starred in Starcrash, and they talk about it a little bit. Also the executive producer of Maniac, Munro's husband, Judd Hamilton, was an actor in the film too. Quite a big ol' tangled web, matey.

I think I've got that DVD lying around somewhere. I'll have a rummage... :)