PDA

View Full Version : My Way of Handling a PIRATED version of Deadlands 2

DjfunkmasterG
03-Dec-2009, 11:21 PM
Since Deadlands 2 has hit the torrents and WAREZ sites I opted to upload a special version for all the jerk offs who download off indie guys.

Fuck the studios they can afford to lose money, but in the last 72 hours based on downloads and views we have lost over $500,000 + in potential sales. So I gave the fuck nuts a little treat.

5 Minutes into the movie this will appear, and stay that way for the entire 82 minutes. :elol:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12945_356973155342_760985342_10018848_7764542_n.jp g

Mike70
03-Dec-2009, 11:25 PM
so, you've never downloaded a movie on the sly?:shifty:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Dec-2009, 11:33 PM
Note I said indie guys...

We lose more than the studio guys do... Fuck the studios and their 200mil budgets.

We on the other hand had people work their asses off for free and they should get something for their time and trouble.

Let the losers leech from the studios leave the indie guys alone.

clanglee
03-Dec-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah I saw your rant on this on FB. Pretty funny idea, but just to let you know, potential downloaders will be warned away for the most part by the comments.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 12:07 AM
They won't know until they have downloaded it....

:D :elol:

clanglee
04-Dec-2009, 12:36 AM
No the first couple of people won't, sure. But then those people will post warnings on the download most likely, then. . well. . . you'd have to start over again. Plus, you are gonna need a lot of people to seed it for you to start out with. That way, the file will actually get picked up. You could make this work, but you are gonna need a lot of people to help. . .seeding and posting fake "Thanks for the upload, great quality!!" posts on the torrent.

DubiousComforts
04-Dec-2009, 03:08 AM
Fuck the studios they can afford to lose money, but in the last 72 hours based on downloads and views we have lost over $500,000 + in potential sales.
Trust me, you didn't lose anything. People that are interested in downloading XVIDs were never your potential customers. Guaranteed that Amazon has lost you more sales given their cockeyed promotional and discount strategy which favors big-name releases over the little guy.

If you are really concerned about the torrent community, why not jump way ahead of the Hollywood curve and offer a viable option for downloading?

capncnut
04-Dec-2009, 03:24 AM
I do believe you PM'ed me once asking where to obtain the Apocalypse Now workprint. :D

DubiousComforts
04-Dec-2009, 03:25 AM
I do believe you PM'ed me once asking where to obtain the Apocalypse Now workprint. :D
Oh WOW, where can I get it? :D

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 10:02 AM
But I already own 4 versions of Apoc Now I bought on DVD/VHS etc. So Paramount has gotten a ton of money from me on that aspect.

Believe me they release a work print I would buy it, but these Jackals have zero intention of buying, hence what pisses me off.

Skippy911sc
04-Dec-2009, 01:46 PM
Perhaps buy downloading the first one you might make buyers for the next few installments. If people are never going to buy your movie, then what difference does it make if they download it. I would think it may even be a form of advertising. They may really like it and suggest it to a friend or 2.

Now I do not condone downloading anything and I love what you did to the flick (the whole message thing) but I have trouble with the logic of your argument. And I also have a tenancy to be a prick just for the sake of it. :)

deadpunk
04-Dec-2009, 02:01 PM
:mad:Wow...

There isn't a single questionable download on my computer. Every song, every movie, every program I use; I have paid for. Not to come off as a sanctimonious prick, but here is how I view this... When I go to work, I charge my employer for every second I work. Period. I bust my ass and I expect to get paid for it. In turn, how can I justify taking money out of anyone else's pocket?

Sure, Bruce Willis might get $30 million a movie and won't miss the cut of the DVD if I pirate one of his movies... but, why shouldn't he get it? He did his job.

I hope you figure out a way to nail every cocksucker that steals your movie...

capncnut
04-Dec-2009, 02:06 PM
I always download and if I like it I always buy. That's the way I do business.

mista_mo
04-Dec-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey DJ, on the next one can you put

"I love you MM, but you are a bad man for attempting to view my film illegally"

I would totally pirate it in a heart beat if you did that.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 03:05 PM
While some might view it as hypocritical of me to do something like this I can only argue that in the case of the studios everyone is paid up front, and a movie like Transformers or Batman will always be profitable and the money they lose from Piracy isn't totally killing their bottom line, but guys like myself or even Reese we make the movies on little money with cast and crew working for free and we have to wait for our royalties in order to pay everyone on the back end, we don't get paid up front, so for every download and view its money taken out of the actors or crews pocket.

Have I downloaded, Yes. However I do own everything I have ever downloaded, and have multiple versions of some films like Apoc Now, ROTLD, NOTLD 90 etc etc. I have never downloaded a movie that I do not out right own on DVD/Blu/VHS whatever... I look for Work Prints and if I can find them I do download them, but again... I own the studio release in various formats.

Honestly I can't remember the last I downloaded anything. Since On Demand has been around if I wanna see something I just watch it on their and if I like it I hop on eBay or Amazon and buy it.

However, peel away the onion and there are more layers to the piracy issue when it comes to INDIE filmmakers. Studios have a cushion, we don't.

Even if these bastards paid a lousy $1 to download the movie would be fair because it could then be spread out to everyone evenly, but no they download it add it to their collection then have the balls to talk shit about the flick saying their 2 year old can do better or whatever... the point is the crew and I didn't spend a year of our lives to let the jerk offs get a free lunch.

They wanna see the movie I can send them a legally paid download for $1.00. Otherwise fuck'em.

I am standing up for the indie guys. Cause remember when ROmero, Carpenter and all the other directors people follow die off, croak, whatever, some indie guy will be the next big thing, but if they can't produce sales no one wants to hear about them, and the piracy angle of getting your stuff out their is a crock.

My agent and I talked about this last night and Financiers don't want to hear your movie was downloaded 100,000 times because to them that is lost money and therefore why invest in something that will make no money. Thats just how it is, people think otherwise, but it is a business and if we want to make bigger and better films we can't because we cannot get the money unless we can show someone we can make money.

One person on another forum through Paranormal Activity at me, and I said bad argument because Steven Spielberg got his hands on it and pushed it, thats one micro-indie film out how many? 10,000, 100,000 one doesn't make up for the rest.

Its fucked up and it pisses me off. Like I said I did this for the indie guys because someone needs to say something for them and instead every horror media site and other entertainment avenue leaves them twisting in the wind with their dicks hanging out, and its BULLSHIT!

capncnut
04-Dec-2009, 03:44 PM
And the version of Deadlands 2 on YouTube, is it your 'special version' or has someone uploaded it?

Mike70
04-Dec-2009, 03:48 PM
And the version of Deadlands 2 on YouTube, is it your 'special version' or has someone uploaded it?

with youtube just a click away, it kind of removes the need to buy.:evil:GoEiID4tdQA

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 04:55 PM

Not my special version otherwise you would see that title card

Actually it isn't even the movie it is just a still picture

capncnut
04-Dec-2009, 05:07 PM
Actually it isn't even the movie it is just a still picture
Mmm, I followed the link on there and it immediately took me to a HD stream of the full Deadlands 2 movie.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 05:21 PM
Can't shut down the site streaming the movie via the link, only You Tube, and the studio is already on top of that.

The site streaming th emovie is in the Netherlands which does not recognize US copyright law.

DubiousComforts
04-Dec-2009, 05:24 PM
^ That domain is registered to someone in Turkey (never a good thing...)

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WATCHMOVIESONLINE25.COM
Created on: 12-Sep-09
Expires on: 12-Sep-10
Last Updated on: 12-Sep-09

Administrative Contact:
tosun, hulya movplus@gmail.com
Tosun Apt Kat 1 No 1 Merkez Sok
Mazi Koyu Urgup
Nevsehir, Urgup 50480
Turkey
(384) 365-5010

Technical Contact:
tosun, hulya movplus@gmail.com
Tosun Apt Kat 1 No 1 Merkez Sok
Mazi Koyu Urgup
Nevsehir, Urgup 50480
Turkey
(384) 365-5010

Can't shut down the site streaming the movie via the link, only You Tube, and the studio is already on top of that.

The site streaming th emovie is in the Netherlands which does not recognize US copyright law.
Forget the server and go after the domain and gmail account. No doubt he's using the gmail address to collect payment on all those Google ads. There must be a TOS violation in there somewhere.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Dec-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks Dub

krakenslayer
04-Dec-2009, 07:42 PM
Forget the server and go after the domain and gmail account. No doubt he's using the gmail address to collect payment on all those Google ads. There must be a TOS violation in there somewhere.

Damn right, Google Ads have been known to stiff users upon finding out that they're embedding YouTube videos with copyrighted music on the soundtracks, let alone illegally uploading full DVD movies to their own site!

DjfunkmasterG
07-Dec-2009, 02:38 PM
Well it is in the studios hands now. I think I have done quite enough stuff that i believe they should be handling, and quite honestly they have dropped the ball on a quite a few things, so if anyone is considering working with Anthem Picture sin the future my current answer would be to proceed with extreme caution.

Gary

DrSiN
07-Dec-2009, 07:30 PM
DJ, "It's in the stuido's hands" means nothing will be done.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Dec-2009, 07:34 PM
DJ, "It's in the stuido's hands" means nothing will be done.

Oh I know... I had a long talk with them today about a few things and until they clean up their act on many items they can no longer put out any other formats of Deadlands 2. Per my contract I have to sign off on every releaseable format, and when they asked about the Blu-Ray today i said no.

Get the HD DVD out and fix the fuck ups on the current DVD and we can then talk until then you will not get any permission to do any further releases of the format.