PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a 360?

CoinReturn
03-Mar-2006, 08:36 PM
Do any of you guys plan on picking up Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter? I think it comes out Tuesday or Wednsday, I'll be gettin' it, hope to see somebody from this forum on Live!

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 01:31 PM
i'm holding off on the 360. the current smattering of games is not thrilling me, and i'm kinda waiting on the bigger hard drive and halo3.

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2006, 01:42 PM
Speaking of Halo, do you think Microcock will really only release it for PC on Vista? Seems a bit stupid really, ALLLLL those people with 98, 2000 and especially XP - even if Halo is supposed to be so amazing (it's good, but not epic), I seriously doubt it'll inspire people to buy Vista-pista, especially as it's been out on Xbox for SOOOOOOOOO long already.

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 02:54 PM
Speaking of Halo, do you think Microcock will really only release it for PC on Vista? Seems a bit stupid really, ALLLLL those people with 98, 2000 and especially XP - even if Halo is supposed to be so amazing (it's good, but not epic), I seriously doubt it'll inspire people to buy Vista-pista, especially as it's been out on Xbox for SOOOOOOOOO long already.

i think so, since MS owns bungie, they do have some control on the platform settings. in realisticly though once it's out on Vista, how long do you think it'll take someone to "port" it over to the older OS's? i predict within 30 days of launch, there will be atleast an XP variant.

what i'm curious to see is what the MS Origami project is, and if it will support gaming in anyway. it's all over the place, but that one screen cap of the origami playing Halo 1 , combined with Bungie's endless forplay about what their next project is, has me wondering.

More and more i think halo3 is done, or nearing completion and they may be working on something else.:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2006, 06:03 PM
Microsoft Origami? You wot, waz-at then?

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 06:53 PM
link to the direct site.

cnet has some decent write ups.

it's supposed to be a mobile PC handheld, but not a Phone+ unit like the crapberries or Treo's. further it's supposed (possibly) to have a gaming function.

EDIT
http://news.com.com/Microsoft+whispers+Origami+details/2100-1044_3-6045150.html?tag=blog

this outlines the device somewhat well. though i think the aming function will be dumped. i suppose we'll see.

p2501
09-Mar-2006, 01:39 PM
nope it looks like the Samsung variant will support gaming. there no word on what games though.

Geophyrd
09-Mar-2006, 05:17 PM
And it took forever to get onto my network for MS Live. But its worth it.

I've finished Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, played the heck out of Project Gotham Racing 3. Just bought HalfLife2 (which you can play with emulator), Halo 1 and 2.

All are great and Halo is better on 360 than on Xbox original. Having said that, someone just recently showed me split screen mode and I think its about the most annoying this I've ever seen. Its making video gaming a claustrophic experience.

Now, about LIVE, its AMAZING. No claustrophia, and the network seek very workable. I need to spend more time at it, but very worthwhile.

By the way...if anyone wants a 360, I may be able to get my hands on one.

MinionZombie
09-Mar-2006, 05:35 PM
Indeed multiplayer gives you that small screen "what am I looking at, sh*t...where did you come from ya bastard?!" feeling - but it's still lots of fun. We didn't have Xbox live at Uni last year, but we did have a lot of four-way multiplayer fun on Halo 2 - twas awesome. If only they'd been into PGR2 more though - cos when we did it was well fun. Nurburg Ring, them two muppets are bumper-shunting each other while I go on and win, ha!

erisi236
09-Mar-2006, 05:54 PM
good lord, multiplayer-splitscreen :dead:

it especially sucks cuz the guy sitting next to you can just glance a little a see where you're at, it's no fair! :mad: