PDA

View Full Version : H2 and F13 remakes make BD's 'worst 5' list!

capncnut
26-Dec-2009, 11:24 AM
Bloody Disgusting's 'worst 5 of 2009' list included the Halloween 2 and Friday The 13th remakes.

1. Amusement
2. Laid To Rest
3. Halloween 2
4. Friday The 13th
5. Sorority Row

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18503) for the rundown.

At least Survival Of The Dead escaped the list! :)

axlish
26-Dec-2009, 01:04 PM
Laid to Rest and Friday the 13th are good flicks. I never go to that site, and now I have even more reason ;)

slickwilly13
26-Dec-2009, 02:21 PM
I have no problem with the Friday remake. What were people expecting, a 4 star movie? Apparently, people haven't been paying attention, since 1980. Its a bad slasher flick. You should know by now what you are getting into when you watch any Friday movie from the series. Remake or not. I walked into this with a bag of smoke and knew what to expect pretty much. Because of my expectations, I was able to enjoy the movie.

ProfessorChaos
26-Dec-2009, 06:42 PM
yes, rz's halloween 2 did suck a fat one. hated that film.

Mr.G
31-Dec-2009, 03:18 AM
I only saw F13 and I didn't think it was a bad flick. I LOVE the classic Halloween movies and could not bring myself to watch the newest sequel. I doesn't look like I missed much...

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2009, 10:25 AM
Haven't seen H2 yet, but want to. I dug the 07 remake - even though it wasn't a patch on the original - but yeah, haven't seen H2 yet.

As for the F13 remake, I did see it, in the cinema too. It's a poor immitation of the TCM remake, as it looks and feels exactly the same (same company putting it out, same director, same attitude). The Jason stuff is cool enough, the man playing him does a good job, but why did the writers turn him into a freakin' kidnapper? That really stuck in my throat that whole bit.

It's also oddly structured, and features polar opposite characters - some you utterly despise, and others you really quite like (such as the dude looking for his sister, or the bong-hitting Asian fella). Gore wise I was let down, there's some but not a lot - and I was expecting, being that it's F13, for there to be a lot.

I then re-watched the original movie afterwards and while I already was a big fan of it, I really saw it in a brighter light than ever before. It's really a very good movie in general, not just as a slasher.

One of these days I'll see H2 (I don't wanna get the DVD yet though, only to find - like last fucking time - that they then pimp out another version with a massive Making Of on it. H'07 got a 4.5 hour making of - and to me, that's fascinating stuff - so I was pissed off to only have the 2 disc version a few months prior to the announcement of said 3-discer).

And I might pick up the F13 remake on DVD for a couple of quid.

ProfessorChaos
31-Dec-2009, 04:37 PM
trust me, MZ, h2 is a rental, at best. don't buy it, you will surely regret it.:|

bassman
31-Dec-2009, 04:50 PM
I thought the F13 remake was on par. I mean....the original wasn't a very good film to start with, so it would've been hard for them to make this one any worse.

Looking forward to H2, though. Zombie's Halloween remake fleshed out the story of Myers and made it believable. The original is just some dude running around with a knife. You get a small scene at the beginning about him killing his family and then nothing else other than a few mentions throughout the film. The remake made it a much better story.

LouCipherr
31-Dec-2009, 06:47 PM
I learned two things from H2 and the Fri13th remakes:

Rob Zombie is a moron and really fucked up H2, even worse than H1 - which I did not think was humanly possible. BD hit that nail directly on the head.

The Friday the 13th remake - The one thing I learned from this (other than it was a bad flick) was - this whole time, since the first movie came out, Jason wasn't a supernatural being that couldn't be stopped - he was nothing more than a mercenary pot farmer and was just trying to keep the kids at Camp Crystal Lake away from his stash! :lol:

MZ - I think Prof. Chaos is being very generous by saying H2 was a rental - even that is pushing it.

Put it way - the first time I tried to watch RZ's H2, I got through the first 15 minutes and walked. It was THAT piss poor. That didn't even happen to me when I saw RZ's first Halloween abomination. I realize you liked the first Halloween RZ did, but trust us when we say this is one pile of shit you are better off avoiding.

LC

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2010, 01:31 PM
he was nothing more than a mercenary pot farmer and was just trying to keep the kids at Camp Crystal Lake away from his stash!

I know, wtf was that all about?! :confused:

Now - being that I own a copy of RZ's Halloween, and want to own the 3-disc version (and am pissed that it was released after I'd bought, at full price too, the 2-discer), and quite liked it as it's own thing (even though it wasn't a patch on the original movie) - what do you folks think I'd think of H2?

Because right now there's folk dissing it who clearly didn't like H-2007, so you know...:)

Considering the above, would I possibly enjoy it?

ProfessorChaos
01-Jan-2010, 07:23 PM
dude, i quite enjoyed rz's halloween, and the first 15 mins of h2 had me all pumped, but it just turned into a total shitfest after that. i was so glad when that film ended, and i'll never ever bother watching it again. i distinctly recall laughing (along with about half of the theater) during what i'm sure rz intended to be the "climax" of the film.

seriously, fucking terrible. i liked the first cuz he sorta stuck to the original story and made his own little twist on it, but h2 is rz going balls to the wall on his own ego trip, filling the film with all kinds of trailer-trash garbage. i can't even begin to describe how much of a nose-dive the film took and how lame it got. all the characters are totally fucking different, even though they're played by the same characters....fucking loomis trying to be a celebrity and hitting late-night talk shows, michael's sister becoming some hipster goth idiot, rz's dumb wife walking around with a horse, loud music and screaming flashbacks, a laughable ending....ugh...i'm about to puke just thinking about it.

rent if you must, but it was seriously the worst halloween film ever. even worse than the one with busta rhymes and the internet game show set-up.

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2010, 08:57 PM
Worse than Resurrection? Nothing worse than Halloween 8.