PDA

View Full Version : Gothic - PC Action RPG

livingdead7
30-May-2006, 05:29 AM
Has anyone played these games? I have the first two ( 3rd one is new ) but I just fell in love with these 2 games. The storyline is so original, the action is good, and I just love being able to pick a fight with anyone in the game. For those who havent played it/heard of it, the story goes as follows: There is a war going on with the orcs, and the king needs ore for weapons/armor. He comes up with the idea to use prisoners to mine ore. He gets 12 magicians to create a magic barrier, where people can go in, but cannot get back out. You play a convict thrown into the barrier, and throughout the course of the game, you try to find a way to get out. I'm not going to tell anymore...I might spoil it for someone. All I know is, I could play either one for days at a time...if I had no live...:D And when I play this game...I smoke lots of swampweed....just have to know where to find it. God I love this game.

livingdead7
31-May-2006, 05:32 AM
Noone has played this/heard of this? Man...people are missing out. If you like pc action rpg's...or just fun game sin general...I'd give it a shot.

deadwrtr
31-May-2006, 11:55 AM
Noone has played this/heard of this? Man...people are missing out. If you like pc action rpg's...or just fun game sin general...I'd give it a shot.

It is an excellent game, although the fight scenes tended to be a bit choppy and wooden.

I liked travelling all over, meeting different NPC's and finishing quests. It takes a heckuva long time to get enough gold to buy anything though.

Haven't tried the new one yet... I didn't even know there was one beyond the second.

LoSTBoY
31-May-2006, 01:38 PM
I've gone ahead and checked it out, looks good.

Getting it as we speak.:sneaky:

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:25 AM
ive heard it makes fables good/evil system look like crap.

im looking forward to the sequel.